transmission-daemon

Mod features:
    • Remote GUI and Web Client_________
    • Always Leecher, report 0%__________
    • Always Seeder, report real up, no down
    • Report a ratio of ~2________________
    • Report a ratio of ~4________________

Other features

• 2.77 core and kept up to date with official transmission 2.9x github.

Also included, among several others,
    are many additional bug fixes and enhancements not limited to:
    • Prefetching of magnetized metadata right away
    • Improve “No Data Found” error message and recovery behavior
    • Make it possible to choose what files to download after getting magnet metadata
    • Seeding progress bars do not show in Web UI
    • The correct implementation of Blocklists loaded in Transmission should be used to filter DHT communication
    • Collect unwanted, but received, blocks in a separate file
    • Skip verify check
    • Reverify on completion
    • Streaming of the torrent's file(s)
    • Run external application or script on torrent add
    • Webseed reimplementation
    • Prevent peers stalling both magnet acquisitions, uploads and downloads

Official configuration settings: https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki...gFiles#Options
    Unofficial additional settings (all platforms) : transmission-daemon-cygwin / Discussion / General Discussion:Additional Settings

Windows
    Windows XP and higher, 32 or 64 bit.
    32-bit (will run everywhere)
    64-bit only on 64-bit versions of Windows.

Linux
    For Linux first compile modded source.
    https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/Building
    After compiling replace the web client with the included modded web-client.

MAC
    For MAC first compile modded source.
    https://forum.transmissionbt.com/vie...hp?f=4&t=15167

GUI

transmission remote gui

Will connect to a daemon running on any platform.

Select the torrent(s) you want and then right click and choose Properties... (you can double click a single torrent). For the cheat/Announce mode mode enter a value between 990 and 994 into the Peers box.
    Values between 990 and 994 are treated as such:
    • 990 = Normal Announce, no cheat_________
    • 991 = Always Leecher, report 0%__________
    • 992 = Always Seeder, report real up, no down
    • 993 = Report a ratio of ~2________________
    • 994 = Report a ratio of ~4________________

Values 989 or less are entered as the Peer Limit.

Cheat/Announce column on the main panel.
    You can move the column where you want it.

Other features
    • Skip Verify
    • Show Verify Queue status
    • Seeding time column
    • Seeding time also shown next to ratio in torrent info pane
    • Include paused torrents in error filter
    • Unicode support
    • Blocklist entry count display & change
    • Seed Ratio column
    • Set Streaming mode of the torrent's file(s)
    • x
    • x

transgui.exe included for Windows.

transgui for Mac ( thanks Instab ! ) some graphics problems, have a look for yourself ...

To compile yourself for Linux ( Windows or Mac also ) Building - transmisson-remote-gui - Building Transmission Remote GUI from sources - Cross platform remote GUI for the Transmission Bit-Torrent client - Google Project Hosting You will need lazarus-0.9.30 and fpc-2.4.2 from Lazarus | Free Development software downloads at SourceForge.net

Web Client
    Use the clutch web client you right-click torrent(s) and select cheat/Announce Mode from there. Inspector displays mode also.

Attachments here below will be kept latest stable release and will supersede or equal any posts which follow.
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 01.02.19 at 21:41. Reason: proportional ratios, variable cheat ratios, torrent groups + tags, new native Mac client, more IPv6 options, dht024, bug fixs
    Application error: warning -> battery failure imminent ~ shutting down NOW permanent == message to Earth -- finalized shudown code ... 6ikf9849l+!~:'?.|\
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

lil-fella (03.08.23) , Auba22 (25.10.21) , x00001111 (16.02.20) , ffp (09.01.20) , acidbob (02.01.20) , Blocker (20.11.19) , sb86 (11.01.19) , Mon (11.01.19) , H265 (08.01.19) , albus (27.12.18) , brun (14.03.18) , surgat (05.03.18) , Aranha (27.09.17) , Distraction (06.03.16) , Spongebob (19.04.15) , bastardo (07.11.14) , drdomuch (21.10.14) , Dragoon (28.06.14) , mmmmm (17.03.14) , zora (17.03.14) , Lucius (17.03.14) , anon (17.03.14) , Instab (17.03.14)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    I've updated the transmission leecher mod files to include the ability to stream the torrent's file(s). My post #29 above describes basic usage. I'm quite happy with the streaming capability and functionality. Also fixed some unrelated issues with wrong or inefficient block sizes being chosen.

I don't know why anyone would want to simultaneously stream and regular download within the same torrent but if you do... First set the streaming mode to "Priority". Then set the files you want streamed to a higher priority than the files you don't want streamed. With the GUI you can do this when toggling out of do-not-download state Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toggle-dnd-gui.JPG 
Views:	350 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	14943 and with the web client you can do this after already toggled back to download.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	priority-via-web-client.JPG 
Views:	297 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	14944 Setting the other files to a lower priority will work too. If all the files have the same priority the streamed files have no priority over the others and all files are downloaded at once. Streamed files will still be downloaded in piece order. If you use streaming mode "FORCED" or "Weighted" with simultaneous stream and download within the same torrent, regular file priorities are ignored and the files selected for streaming within the first 4096 pieces ( usually the whole torrent ) will be streamed simultaneously with downloading non-stream files. Equally prioritized files with simultaneous stream and download will have the files past 4096 streamed after everything else. The 4096 boundary does not apply in other cases.

Reset streaming mode to Off for a torrent if you're all done streaming files and you'll be continuing to download the files never set to stream to begin with. The regular weighting for the pieces would be left less than optimum.

"Weighted" streaming might sometimes be better than "FORCED" when you have a partially complete non-streamed file and you change it to stream instead, but it might not necessarily be faster. "Weighted" will try to choose between pieces close to the front of the stream that have the most probability of completing blocks fastest where as "FORCED" always tries to choose the next piece in line no matter what.

"Weak" streaming tries to choose the next piece in line only when no regular transmission precedence is found.

I pretty much exclusively use "FORCED" streaming and always-leecher, but you don't need to cheat to use it.
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 31.07.14 at 06:19.
    Application error: warning -> battery failure imminent ~ shutting down NOW permanent == message to Earth -- finalized shudown code ... 6ikf9849l+!~:'?.|\
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (31.07.14)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6659
    here is the one for 10.5.8 and higher. based on the source tr-cht-fx-242p linked to in his reply to my last build. it dös however still have similar gui issüs but see for yourself
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (01.08.14)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    here is the one for 10.5.8 and higher. based on the source tr-cht-fx-242p linked to in his reply to my last build. it does however still have similar gui issues but see for yourself
    That source is the most recent stable I have and is the correct one.

Would you recommend I put a copy of your compiled Mac gui along with the others at post #1, or with the gui issues do you think just leave one copy in the thread here?

By the way, I've archived for all platforms lazarus-0.9.30-fpc-2.4.2 in case for some reason they disappear from sourceforge and anyone ever needs them.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (01.08.14)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6659
    Quote Originally Posted by tr-cht-fx-242p View Post
    Would you recommend I put a copy of your compiled Mac gui along with the others at post #1, or with the gui issues do you think just leave one copy in the thread here?
    you could add it with a small warning

I've archived for all platforms lazarus-0.9.30-fpc-2.4.2 in case for some reason they disappear from sourceforge and anyone ever needs them.
    nice that won't hurt
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

tr-cht-fx-242p (04.08.14)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    I've updated the mod at the #1 post.

• run external application or script when torrent added
    • prevent zombies from child scripts
    • quick verify do not queue-verify empty torrents when adding
    • set prefetch magnet as default
    • fix Incorrect error message when failing to write to disk

I go through the official bug tracker looking for open enhancements and bugs that appear valid to me. Then I fix and test them. If anyone here has something they want I'll see what I can do. I never know when I have time but I sometimes become inspired.

You'll find some help topics for unofficial things like 'script on torrent' add' or 'Streaming Simplified HOW TO' here: transmission-daemon-cygwin / Discussion / Discussion

The added features and enhancements pertain to all platforms.

sbi
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 22.09.14 at 20:37.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (23.09.14) , anon (23.09.14) , Lucius (22.09.14)

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2
    Hello.
    I am fairly new to linux and I have so far opted to only compile the source you provided and start transmission normally.

Does your mod work without the webclient or the remote gui?

EDIT: I replaced the web folder but when I go to open web client I don't see the extra options.
    Last edited by drdomuch; 21.10.14 at 20:38.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Quote Originally Posted by drdomuch View Post
    Hello.
    I am fairly new to linux and I have so far opted to only compile the source you provided and start transmission normally.

Does your mod work without the webclient or the remote gui?

EDIT: I replaced the web folder but when I go to open web client I don't see the extra options.
    If you are new to Linux I wouldn't use the regular transmission-remote. You could write your own stuff for RPC but I've already done that for the webclient and remote GUI. The actual mods are in libtransmission so the modded webclient and GUI are not directly necessary, and only for setting up the options and configurations.

For the webclient it's like this for the mods
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachme...tr-lch-mod.jpg

Have you looked here transmission-daemon-cygwin / Discussion / Discussion for the general extra options? It doesn't matter that the sourceforge site is for Windows, everything is the same for all platforms.
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 22.10.14 at 19:10.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2
    Ok I'll take a look!
    Since this post I dove into Linux a little more. Arrived at Arch Linux - Manjaro distro now and it's starting to make sense to me.

I was consumed and terribly confused at the same time.

Thanks.

I like transmission the best and I don't want to upload so I'll try to get something running. Vuze is so heavy. I hate heavy.

How do you take breaks? Big problem right now :)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    I've updated the mod at the #1 post.

Automatically parse a text file in "watched" folder for magnet links.
    So now you can put a magnet link in a text file and place it in your watch directory for automatic loading. Just have the text file with the extension .magnet

Prevent relative or invalid paths to public functions.
    Prevent an obscure crash in rare cases if the user purposely chooses a null download directory.

The added features and enhancements pertain to all platforms.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (02.11.14)

P2P Client
    uTorrent 2.2.1
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss131
    Thanks for your work, but the thread is just incredibly confusing. I'm using OSX 10.9 (which i understand you don't have access to so you can't optimise the thread towards it). Which is the actual mod? I've compiled using xcode by following the link to transmissionbt forums, now what do i do? Do i download transmission-277+-cfp-git-MOD.zip? Because i have, and in the MAC folder, it says NO Mod. Is that short for something, or does it simply mean the mod is missing from this archive? If so, where is the actual mod? In the gui that Instab compiled?

My steps:

compiled Transmission using xcode following the link to that forum
    download transmission-277+-cfp-git-MOD.zip and installed the remote gui
    downloaded instab's remotegui and then i replaced the one i installed before with this
    started it up, connected to my compiled client and put peer as 991. Still reported to tracker.

I've most likely missed a crucial step somewhere.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Quote Originally Posted by dickbutt123 View Post
    Thanks for your work, but the thread is just incredibly confusing. I'm using OSX 10.9 ...
    I'm sorry about the confusion.

1.) You must compile the daemon from the "Linux-source" of the transmission-277+-cfp-git-MOD.zip download. That's where the actual mods are.

2.) Use Instab's latest remotegui (31.07.14). This provides an interface for user inputs to the mods of the daemon.

3.) Replace the web client files with the "web-client-mod" web folder from the transmission-277+-cfp-git-MOD.zip download. This is an additional interface for user inputs to the mods of the daemon.

I tried to make the above as simple and least confusing as I could. Please let me know how you make out and if you have any more questions or concerns.

P.S.
    transmission-277+-cfp-git-MOD.zip/transmission-277+-cfp-git-MOD/Transmission-Remote-GUI/MAC/NO-mod/transgui-5.0.1.dmg just is original unmodded remote GUI ONLY. Don't use this if you want to access mods. Use Instab's latest remotegui (31.07.14) or the one from post #1 or the web-client-mod but you must use the daemon compiled from the "Linux-source" from the transmission-277+-cfp-git-MOD.zip download for anything to work.
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 07.11.14 at 18:40.
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (09.11.14)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    I've updated the mods at the #1 post.

The blocklist function has been improved.

Here's what I did.

1.) Allow whitelists, has precedence over blocklists.

2.) Warn user if tracker in blocklist(s), don't automatically block tracker.
    This is a change from the prior default of blocking UDP without warning, or even knowing a UDP tracker was being blocklisted. this was a bug. Now http and UDP are consistent and can be blocked if wanted, since we are warned to the tracker's blocklist state.

3.) Show tracker ip to user. This facilitates in adding the tracker to the whitelist if so desired.

This was fun

Don't cheat too hard...
    Thanks

22. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (17.02.15)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30
    How can I easily install this modded Transmission 2.8x on my Mac? I have an Intel 64 bits
    Thanks

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Quote Originally Posted by gendel11 View Post
    How can I easily install this modded Transmission 2.8x on my Mac? I have an Intel 64 bits
    For MAC first compile modded source.
    http://forum.transmissionbt.com%2Fvi...D4%26t%3D15167

see this post
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=3#post323544

and this post for remote-GUI
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=3#post321687

You get this one to compile and you'll be ready for the next release that I'll be posting in just a few days
    Thanks

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Another update of modded transmission today at the first post.

Mostly changes to the webseed code, it was kind of a mess.

Some minor bug fixes.

But a worthwhile update for those who like a super stable client.

steer clear of the cheat police

wish I had more time to visit with my friends here
    Thanks

26. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (15.03.15) , anon (24.02.15) , Rebound (24.02.15)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast