P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    Think of it anon, one large and final leak of 100TB
    just about enough to fill that (dream) NAS of yours, eh?

Everything shuts down: government services and facilities, small companies and corporations, everything from your local supermarket to your bank. The massive lawsits ms will get afterwards will destroy them, permanently. All from one little leak.
    Maaan it'll be paradise. The hysteria caused by it...
    someone mentioned this before, not sure was it snowden or that movie about him, how cia & co. are aiming at infecting foreign (may be applied to domestic ones too) servers with trojan sleepers that would be activated when needed - supposedly russia was aware of this and started developing own systems (afaik mentioned in the putin interviews), instead of purchasing supposedly safe systems from large companies like siemens, etc., especially after stuxnet

however, it might just be wishful thinking intended to spread fear (until practically available)

though it wouldn't take much to cause a global hysteria, a global loss of electricity for a few weeks might suffice
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39486
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I got a third "call me" e-mail today, and during our last phone call he said to start today "at most" even if the situation was not solved, so...

America - Today's the Day
    Turns out the school doesn't want to accept me because they "have no room for more people" (obviously an excuse), and contrary to what was initially expected, they are relentless on that regard. The situation stays on hold until they work this out #timewilltell #isouportpublikedekasion

Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    though it wouldn't take much to cause a global hysteria, a global loss of electricity for a few weeks might suffice
    Weeks? Try days. When I watched Revolution and the flashback scenes showed people going apeshit three days after the global blackout, I immediately thought "yes, this is realistic and would actually happen in that situation".
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

After all, it only takes a day to deplete all newer phones
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39486
    Thanks

The answer to all first world problems!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39486
    When that end of the year party I had last year finished, me and some coworkers headed home together. On the way, one of them dropped by a shop to buy something to drink, picked this drink which according the label tasted like cucumbers and lemon. None of us had tried it before, so she shared it with me and asked me what I thought. I said it was "everything that can be expected from a cucumber and lemon-flavored drink". Apparently everyone thought this was a clever response and they continue to regularly quote it to this day, but I was just giving a straight answer. After all, the drink did taste like cucumbers and lemon, in line with what was expected...

What do you think?
    Thanks

I think it's funny and I absolutely love when something random I say (or a friend says) catches on in the group ~
    Thanks

Hey anon, how can I make Windows 10 Snipping Tool work on Windows 7? I copied all required files but it says This app can't run on this computer.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    how can I make Windows 10 Snipping Tool work on Windows 7? I copied all required files but it says This app can't run on this computer.
    Check the hardware and software requirements (on Windows 10 to run the snippet tool). Similarly check it on Windows 7 and see what is missing and how you can change or install new feature to support it. Anyways why don't you use the Windows 7 (Snipping Tool)?
    (Instruction to use it on Windows 7/8/10 here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/...re-screenshots)
    If you dislike the Windows 7 snipping tool you can get some screenshot tools such as (Printscreen, Lightshot, Screenshot Captor, Faststone Capture (paid software), Snipaste, Monosnap, PicPick, Greenshot, TinyTake, Sharex, Puush, LightScreen, Screenpresso). These are limited in some ways (One of the limitation I've know is while playing games you can use them [Lightshot or Printscreen]).
    Last edited by cloud99; 06.07.17 at 07:22.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39486
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Hey anon, how can I make Windows 10 Snipping Tool work on Windows 7? I copied all required files but it says This app can't run on this computer.
    If you send me the program and its dependencies I'll have a look, but backwards compatibility is generally not a given in these cases. Even Notepad requires kernel functions that aren't present on previous versions of Windows.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39486
    Yesterday I sold a cell phone I've been meaning to get rid of for a while, and my computer repair services
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7978
    Some time ago someone here recommended ShareIt software for transferring files between PCs via wifi. Now they update it and for some reason it won't work. It doesn't send files at all. I found the old version but i can only use it once since when I open it second time I get an info about the update and I can't do anything about it. There're no any kind of options tab. Is it possible to somehow block it from trying to connect to internet when I launch it?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39486
    Send me the installer for the old version and I'll have a look.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7978
    How do I send you one?