+ Reply to Thread
Page 202 of 392 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 5877

Thread: The Chat/Spam Thread

i reject your reality and substitute my own!
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy
    i reject your reality and substitute my own!
    the reality is one (the way it is, objective reality)

everything else is subjective perception/interpretation/vision/idea of reality (the many)

or in other words:

Quote Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_men_and_an_elephant#Hindu
    A number of blind men came to an elephant. Somebody told them that it was an elephant. The blind men asked, ‘What is the elephant like?’ and they began to touch its body. One of them said: 'It is like a pillar.' This blind man had only touched its leg. Another man said, ‘The elephant is like a husking basket.’ This person had only touched its ears. Similarly, he who touched its trunk or its belly talked of it differently. In the same way, he who has seen the Lord in a particular way limits the Lord to that alone and thinks that He is nothing else.
    also, the materialistic world is not reality, it is an illusion - that which is reality does not change or fade away, it is eternally present (immortal)
    Thanks

Hey anon, check this out: evan-roth.com/photos – solitaire deck
    http://newatlas.com/solitaire-exe-playing-cards/25094/
    Someone made a real card deck out of windows 3.0 solitaire.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a2322525d990a2aa38f46a86e8e7332e.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	17740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solitaire_cards_2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	17741

I don't know if it's just me but when I think about the old days of computing, microsoft is always the first thing that pops up in my head. 1970, 1980, 1990, I can't think of anything except microsoft on a software level from that time. They are just so damned.. retro.

Also, what do you think about starting a retro thread? Sharing pictures, magazines, documents, links, old internet pages, old dos programs, first keysgens ever made, ... ?
    Last edited by Master Razor; 28.05.17 at 01:48.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (28.05.17)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Hey anon, check this out: evan-roth.com/photos – solitaire deck
    Solitaire.exe brings Windows 98 playing cards to life
    Someone made a real card deck out of windows 3.0 solitaire.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a2322525d990a2aa38f46a86e8e7332e.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	17740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solitaire_cards_2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	17741
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/...solitaire.html

Also, what do you think about starting a retro thread? Sharing pictures, magazines, documents, links, old internet pages, old dos programs, first keysgens ever made, ... ?
    Feel free. I'll start: C:\>_
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Well, I guess you're hard to impress, eh?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    I was just fortunate to have seen it first, that's all

My favorite solitaire card backs are the beach and the tornado. The one with an arm holding three aces adds a fourth when you're not looking.
    Thanks

Here's a tip: don't do collections if you don't have any idea on how to organize them optimally. And even with ideas, you need real life experience with this crap.

For instance, in a windows environment...

You cannot have more than 260 characters in a file path. For example, this path is 217 characters long:
    "D:\m01\General\Composer\Wagner, Wilhelm Richard - Complete Operas\Complete Operas Vol. 04 - Das Rheingold (Neuhold)\Der Ring Des Nibelungen Disc 02\15. Das Rheingold WWV 86a - Szene 4 - Ihrem Ende eilen sie zu.flac"
    My music folder is always on root of the drive, and is m01 (short for music 01, music 02...). Same are for games, movies, serives, books and audio books and elearning material.
    And I normally use _01 and _02 or _03 in my main root for backing up music or other stuff from one computer to the other.

I have many files, huge data size, huge number of files, and the truth is the more you have the more you're choked. Money usually helps, but the things you need are more and more expensive on a medium to high level. Whenever you raise from the level of "common joe", you are doomed. The storage spaces, servers, media, software.. are extremely expensive. As of now, I have consumed 10TB of storage, devided on my 6 external drives. And I need a lot more, and a better management for them. I'm getting tired of always comming up with solutions to stupid problems. If it's not the path, is the space, if not the space, is the player that frezes on many files, if not the player, is NTFS with it's crap data collection...
    Talked to a colleague of mine, to find a NAS with a capacity of 60TB, and split the money in half. That should be enough.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    I received some bittersweet news yesterday. I'm finally getting the second shift I wanted, but it is mandatory that I move (yet again) to another school. Apparently they really need to cover a gap there, and I'm not allowed to rearrange my schedule to be on both places at different times.

Losing the friends I've made and having to start over sucks, but I need the extra income, so it was the right decision. At least the new place is a few blocks closer to home and has a low workload as far as I've been told. And it's not like I'm moving to Africa or something, we'll still be in touch and I'll visit every now and then.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    Here's a tip: don't do collections if you don't have any idea on how to organize them optimally. And even with ideas, you need real life experience with this crap.
    and even with all that you'll still find cases you didn't think of, perhaps even changing your whole organizational pattern/approach

I'm getting tired of always comming up with solutions to stupid problems. If it's not the path, is the space, if not the space, is the player that frezes on many files, if not the player, is NTFS with it's crap data collection...
    Talked to a colleague of mine, to find a NAS with a capacity of 60TB, and split the money in half. That should be enough.
    do you have a solution for the NAS failure?

another approach is to get rid of lesser or less needed/used stuff
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    Yes. If you're evaluating getting 60 TB of storage, special needs and all, chances are you have a lot you can afford to delete.
    Thanks

Yes. If you're evaluating getting 60 TB of storage, special needs and all, chances are you have a lot you can afford to delete.
    What you MAY think of being useless and deleteable can actually help you at a later time. At some point I was just like you but I was wrong and i'll never make that mistake again. Things that are used only once every 10 years, or something so obscure that you will never need it... everything is false because immediately after you delete something you immediately need them again. It's just how life is. I need everything and I do not have any useless items on my storages. Do not take me for some common joe.

Well, I like to think of my self as self-disciplined. To make everything work I have devised a set of rules, logistic rules of how everything should be created, done, when, why, etc. thus, at the current time there are no BIG music/movies/games collections. 80% of the space is occupied by the following rules:
    - every device you buy/bought needs to have a backup after it is jailbreaked/rooted. And after the clean backup, you also need a configuration backup. I'm talking about routers, switches, smartphones, tablets, smart watches, usb dongles, usb modems... = 100GB as of now
    - all computers need to have backups, of OS and files. This is because files make for easy access and portability, while a full backup is opened only by proprietary software. Nackups will need to be made every 3 months, and will always remain 4 backups. So, (30GBx4)+(200GB files composing of utilities, drivers, tweaks, scripts) = 320GB for each computer and I have 4.
    - os collection: windows, linux, mac, android, openwrt and dd-wrt. at some point, I used to think some of the open source mods would always be available but I was wrong. last year I needed a cyanogenmode for my moto e and could not find the version for my phone anymore. So, I have to keep them as well. I have a retro computer and cell phone collection so, I need these like the air I breathe = 600GB and is growing.
    - dupplicate problem that I am facing: sometimes you have one original file, but that file is in a format that cannot be used by some crappy program so it must be converted. So, a 4GB file is actually two files of 8GB. this is true for everything: music, games, files, software... I prefer to do it rather than having to work every time converting them. Take VHDs, a windows 8.1 VHD cannot be read in windows 10, so you need two VHDs or more with the same content. === 2TB!! I repeat it sounds weird but it is easier and faster to have everything ready rather than creating them when needed.
    - music: only flacs because I need a pure format to convert the music into crappy formats for my phones and tablets. again, see duplicate problem above. This is because randomizer programs only pick music rather than pick and convert them so, they must be ready. = 300GB as of now.

You see, I don't have lots of data now, but if you read the above you will that soon there are going to be massive problems.

do you have a solution for the NAS failure?
    No, and that's going to be a problem in the future.

I'll write more tomorrow, i'm beat now.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 31.05.17 at 01:26.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    immediately after you delete something you immediately need them again. It's just how life is. I need everything ...
    only if you let it go there, if you want it to be like that
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    What you MAY think of being useless and deleteable can actually help you at a later time.
    I used to think the same, until I realized I'd never get rid of anything (files or actual stuff) that way. And when space is tight, you have to make compromises. I would say organization can help as a middle step if you don't want to delete anything, but it looks like you're more organized than me.

Anyway, today I'm selling another laptop. And saying goodbye to everyone at my current workplace...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    I was presented at the new place today. Apparently it's pretty quiet and the authorities largely leave you alone, but they do watch your every move. We'll see.

There was a power failure at my previous school last week so no one was there and I couldn't say my farewells, but at least I did sell the laptop and further sales are on their way It feels good to get rid of stuff I don't use and obtain some cash in the process.
    Thanks

"I am a thunder god!"
    "And I hurl thunderbolts!"
    "Eeeaaargh!"
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 202 of 392 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast