+ Reply to Thread
Page 198 of 392 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 5873

Thread: The Chat/Spam Thread

SCREW MICROSOFT!!!!
    https://github.com/zeffy/kb4012218-19

This update marked the implementation of a policy change they announced some time ago, where Microsoft stated that they would not be supporting Windows 7 or 8.1 on next-gen Intel, AMD and Qualcomm processors.

That is essentially a giant middle finger to anyone who dare not "upgrade" to the steaming pile of garbage known as Windows 10. Especially considering the extended support periods for Windows 7 and 8.1 still have a few years left, and will be ending in 2020 and 2024 respectively.

There have even been people with older Intel and AMD systems who have been locked out of Windows Update because of these updates (see #7 and this).
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. - Mark Twain.
    the majority says it is healthy to drink water - shall we pause and reflect now?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    ... and since I can remember, I've always been different that others, and I've never been on the majority side.
    every person is different from another person, especially when getting into details
    you've been on the majority's side numerous times, see above for one example
    in fact, since you are a conscious entity (consciousness), you most certainly are on the side of the majority, the absolute majority, that is, hehe

I am the one and only Master Razor...
    what if there is another user on teh interwebs with the same nick?

lost in a world of billions of people.
    lost?
    'Seek and ye shall find.'
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Water? That stuff can rust iron, so imagine what it'll do to your stomach.

"I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

When creating windows bootable images, DO NOT use anything except oscdimg/cdimage. Any version will do, architecture is irrelevant (x64/x86).

The correct command is and always will be for a disc that can boot bios and uefi:
    oscdimg -m -o -u2 -udfver102 -bootdata:2#p0,e,bc:\location\etfsboot.com#pEF,e,bc :\location\efisys.bin
    And the correct filesystem layer is UDF v1.02.

The Microsoft Corporation.img that is so popular on google is actually etfsboot.com. So don't use it.
    The BootImage.img is for efisys.bin.

For creating a bootable windows 9x disc
    oscdimg -m -j1 -o -bootdata:1#p0,bI:\ima\Windows98_SE.ima
    Fun fact: Only OEM editions of 9x and ME were actually bootable. And the OEM was the equivalent of MSDN of nowadays.

Grub4DOS and other loaders do not support UDF, they explicitly require ISO9660 layer with an optional joliet.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 29.04.17 at 03:12.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qbittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss322
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    When creating windows bootable images, DO NOT use anything except oscdimg/cdimage.
    I use rufus for creating bootable usb. Is there any problem with that software?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Codec View Post
    I use rufus for creating bootable usb. Is there any problem with that software?
    That's USB; it's different. I'm talking about creating a windows .iso image.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

Codec (28.04.17)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    So my PC almost gave me a heart attack last night. I was trying to install new drivers for my geforce 1060 gpu and when I first uninstalled old drivers, my pc restarted and didn't login back to windows (you could hear that windows sound). It just stuck there at starting windows screen. I couldn't get even in safe mode, got to class.pnp and then just restarts again. I've been trying all day to find out what's wrong. I installed by old 760 gpu and for some reason it starts windows normally. Now I don't know if my 1060 is busted. I have no idea how to test it to be completely sure!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    7/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2066
    Does your motherboard have on-board video? If so you can plug in your new card and connect the monitor cable in the on-board video which will most likely boot normaly to windows, and then you check if your new card is being detected or not.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    I can see that in Bios right? My MB is Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5.
    Someone recommended I make a bootable Ubuntu USB key and try to load that and see if it works.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    7/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2066
    So yes, you have onboard graphics with that motherboard, so it's simple. Connect your monitor either on your hdmi, dvi or d-sub of your back pannel and leave your 1060 connected while trying to boot and see if windows can see it.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (01.05.17)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    The video BIOS is the first thing that runs when you turn on your computer, and if things aren't okay, it won't get past that stage. So if you're able to see the "Starting Windows" screen, the GTX 1060 isn't broken. Do whatever it takes to boot in safe mode, then run Nasty File Remover and/or Driver Sweeper to remove all traces of any drivers. Put the 1060 back in and try to update again.

Note that it is very possible that the new driver itself is fuckered. nVidia has released some broken ones in the past.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (01.05.17)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Anyone knows if I start windows update, do they fix windows in any way or just install updates? I can't get into safe mode, it stucks at class.pnp and then just restarts. Or should I find W7 and do an upgrade instead of clean installation?
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    So yes, you have onboard graphics with that motherboard, so it's simple. Connect your monitor either on your hdmi, dvi or d-sub of your back pannel and leave your 1060 connected while trying to boot and see if windows can see it.
    That's nice! Do I need to check something in Bios first or just switch cables?
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    This helped! Uninstaller completely removed all drivers, including gpu's. I booted back in W7 and managed to install drivers back and now it works!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Yesterday, I finally reinstalled Windows 7 as I'd been meaning to do since November. My old install had a weird-ass glitch that prevented drivers from installing automatically, and drivers with dependencies wouldn't install at all, even manually. So every time I plugged a new mouse, I had to manually add the mouse itself and its associated HID device. A new USB stick meant going through that for the stick and the disk driver and the storage volume... I never found the cause, but I'm glad it's over now.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 198 of 392 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast