+ Reply to Thread
Page 194 of 392 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 5877

Thread: The Chat/Spam Thread

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Sandboxie and blocking network access for all sandboxed programs could help. With that said, the problem here is getting surprised by a program that was previously proven to be safe. The only solution to that would be checking every new installer for suspicious behavior in a safe environment. Good luck.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Seen on a random corner of the Internet:

I feel like I'm about as fucked up as [REDACTED], but have the ability to interact with people normally so almost no one knows this.

It's like: yes, you're a shitty, awful depraved human being and always will be, but that's internally true. The world can only judge what you show it.

I was a boring 21-year-old virgin. Then I started drinking, going to bars and parties, socializing even when it was uncomfortable. Then uncomfortable became 'normal,' became whatever. I fucked a fat bitch with herpes, but I didn't catch it, thank God, and suddenly I was a 21 year old, full stop. And having been really pathetic didn't matter any more.

I'm still a pedophile, I still really want to rape and butcher young women and children. But I have a job, and a life, and I have threesomes and orgies and brutal S&M sex instead. And that's enough, because it has to be enough or else I go to prison for the rest of my life until someone kills me there.

I lost my train of that but I think my only point was, it doesn't matter how pathetic your life is or what you are. All the matters is what you can pretend to be, because that's reality to the rest of the world except you.
    Thanks

Here's an interesting windows command:
    cipher /w:C
    Basically takes all of your free space, and writes 0xFF to each bit.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by 'random' corner of the Internet
    The world can only judge what you show it.
    (in-depth) judgements are not made by the world, but by that which is the source of the world

Quote Originally Posted by 'random' corner of the Internet
    it doesn't matter how pathetic your life is or what you are. All the matters is what you can pretend to be, because that's reality to the rest of the world except you.
    on the contrary, your life matters a lot, for the course you take defines/influences your future and the future of others (directly or indirectly)

pretending only goes so far, at a certain point the masks will fall, as they are not meant to last - you may fool some persons, but not those that matter the most
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Here's an interesting windows command:

Basically takes all of your free space, and writes 0xFF to each bit.
    Running CLEAN ALL on diskpart goes one step further and overwrites an entire disk with null characters. They're both pretty hidden, though. I don't know why Windows doesn't include a dedicated program for those tasks like Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    Stuff
    Poe's law is strong with that post, but it does raise the point that often, what others think of you does matter and can be either the toughest shield or the tallest wall to climb. I posted my stance on the matter here (on a thread about the Android operating system, go figure).

Let's remember that Machiavelli quote and what the Japanese say about having three faces.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (01.04.17)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Anyway, Burger King announced a promotion where if your last name is Parrilla (grill), you get one free Whopper a month forever. Sadly my name is Hercules Rockefeller and fries and a coke aren't even included, so never liked you anyway

Note to hellman and koel: that's not actually my real name
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (03.04.17) , Lucius (01.04.17)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    what others think of you does matter
    both answers apply at the same time:

- what others think of you matters as it influences their future actions, ie. the future
    - in a wider sense, whatever they experience influences their future actions, ie. the future
    - this relates to the materialistic world (ie. a temporary story to live through)

- what others think of you does not matter, as you already are what you are and that will not change regardless of what someone else thinks of you and regardless of whether you are aware of 'what you are' or not
    - this relates to the spiritual world (the absolute truth)

I posted my stance on the matter here
    actually, ozymandis was correct, think of others as messengers that carry your karma, not as opponents - that is what is meant by: 'don't kill the messenger'

since anon did not bother to clarify, i'll try to guess what he was referring to in the other part of his post:

Quote Originally Posted by Niccolò Machiavelli
    “Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”
    no one sees what you really are except for you yourself (though only in an appropriate state of mind/being) and that which keeps you existing in your original state

The Japanese say you have three faces.
    The first face, you show to the world. The second face, you show to your close friends, and your family.
    The third face, you never show anyone. It is the truest reflection of who you are.
    to the world, one is acting reserved/closed
    to the family, one is more open
    the last one was already mentioned at the machiavelli quote (it is shown to at least two persons)

although all of these faces are true depending on one's state of mind/being, however only one of them is always true (absolute)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241
    Well u can always change ur name Hercules Rockfeller Parrilla sounds fun
    Thanks

I just started downloading House M.D. all seasons. I stopped watching at about season 4 because I could not get the utorrent overloaded error fixed. I had really crappy hardware back in the day and everything was very difficult.

Some things I had to deal with:
    • disk overloaded on everything downloaded
    • malware infection meant complete hdd format. Used to install windows once a week.
    • no computing resources for adblocker or hosts blocker
    • not enough RAM for browsers
    • games could not be played due to crap video cards
    • no dvd writer, had to borrow from friends. and had to finish the job very quickly. 100 dvds in one day...
    • no original microsoft os ISOs or CDs. had to use crap altered images from web
    • no benchmarking cds, live cds of any kind
    • not enough resources for firewalls, had to manually unplug network to be able to use cracked stuff
    • could no run skype, yahoo and web browser at the same time.
    • passwords kept in excel workbooks. Since there were some many formats, I have lost several tracker accounts back then.

And the list goes on, but these are the most occuring.

Nowadays, learning from these mistakes, I have everything I will ever need. A 200cd collection of diagnostics tools, all built per version, some custom. 10 2TB external drives, 6 64GB USB keys, 4 1GB USB keys, 4 floppy disks with uefi bypass. Backup is done on all machines, and data is kept safely. Maaan if we could set up one of those show and tells, man of man do i have stuff to show you guys that will take your breath away.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 04.04.17 at 02:35.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    since anon did not bother to clarify, i'll try to guess what he was referring to in the other part of his post:
    You guessed correctly And that was my way of engaging people's interest to make them discover what I was referring to, and maybe even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    I just started downloading House M.D. all seasons. I stopped watching at about season 4 because I could not get the utorrent overloaded error fixed. I had really crappy hardware back in the day and everything was very difficult.
    uTorrent was a visionary who knew House isn't worth watching after season 4.
    Thanks

You're kidding! Tel me you are joking.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    House got boring for me when they decided to remove half of original cast! Although 13 was nice to look at :)
    Thanks

House was nice if it didnt bother you that it was basically the same thing over and over again. But somehow I found that soothing and it was my goto once a week to relax and not be too surprised and just watch something entertaining.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    I have everything I will ever need.
    now you're joking

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    Maaan if we could set up one of those show and tells, man of man do i have stuff to show you guys that will take your breath away.
    so what's stopping you from doing it?
    you could create a youtube channel, a blog with photos, an sbi thread or something else about that topic
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 194 of 392 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast