+ Reply to Thread
Page 336 of 392 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 5869

Thread: The Chat/Spam Thread

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    You're right, I don't even want to imagine what would have happened if I hadn't been home. Thankfully I was able to react quickly despite the shock of the situation, and water damage was minimal.

I just trust things will get better eventually... in the meantime, let's deal with one thing at a time.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

I like your attitude ^-^
    We'll get there eventually
    Last edited by Sazzy; 13.01.21 at 20:12.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    I finally have my data back Now I only need to checksum it, reobtain the files that fail the hash check, organize everything, delete the fluff, and last but not least, learn from this experience and make a full backup or two of everything. There is a 30 day warranty period.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    So did you get all your data back?
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    OMG I just realized HorribleSubs shut down!
    What group should I look for now, for english translated anime?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    So did you get all your data back?
    For the most part. Everything is there, but around 10% of files are partially or completely damaged. I have to use a SHA-1 hash list to identify what's good and what's not, deal with the latter, somehow attempt to validate a small set of files that didn't have hashes, then decide how I'm going to sort everything from here onwards (right now it's on five different disks of 500 GB each).

It's sort of bittersweet since not all damaged files may be recoverable, my former 4 TB disk is broken and out of warranty, and despite help from my family, this was a significant financial setback... but much, much better than losing everything. Not to mention, a lesson learned.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    The fact it took you months to notice this should speak for itself

For stuff that has finished airing, I just go to AnimeTosho and pick any fansub that seems reputable and hasn't dropped the series halfway through. For new seasons, I'll choose the same group that did the previous ones for the sake of consistency.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    For the most part. Everything is there, but around 10% of files are partially or completely damaged. I have to use a SHA-1 hash list to identify what's good and what's not, deal with the latter, somehow attempt to validate a small set of files that didn't have hashes, then decide how I'm going to sort everything from here onwards (right now it's on five different disks of 500 GB each).

It's sort of bittersweet since not all damaged files may be recoverable, my former 4 TB disk is broken and out of warranty, and despite help from my family, this was a significant financial setback... but much, much better than losing everything. Not to mention, a lesson learned.
    How much does new 4TB disk cost at your place?

The fact it took you months to notice this should speak for itself

For stuff that has finished airing, I just go to AnimeTosho and pick any fansub that seems reputable and hasn't dropped the series halfway through. For new seasons, I'll choose the same group that did the previous ones for the sake of consistency.
    I didn't watch any anime in long time, nothing after Attack on Titan S3, so I didn't check their site. But yesterday I decided to look for new AoT episodes and to my BIG surprise I see "goodbye" message! If nyaa goes down as well I'm fu*ked!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    How much does new 4TB disk cost at your place?
    A 2 TB drive is almost $150, and at that point I didn't even want to look at the prices for higher capacity ones. In any case, my plan is to delete as much as possible so that I can fit everything in two 500 GB disks, of which I have several, or perhaps even just one.

I would like to say, the process of validating the data is exasperating. Not only does hash checking such a massive amount of files expectedly take a long time, there's also the fact my hash lists weren't 100% updated, so I have to deal with files that once existed but were legitimately deleted before the failure, and those that were created within the same time period but never hashed. And anything that 1. wasn't in the list, 2. hasn't been recovered either, is now lost forever. Fortunately, I was able to automate a large part of this with some work.

I didn't watch any anime in long time, nothing after Attack on Titan S3, so I didn't check their site. But yesterday I decided to look for new AoT episodes and to my BIG surprise I see "goodbye" message! If nyaa goes down as well I'm fu*ked!
    Nyaa has already shut down once, and there are other independent iterations besides the .si one. With that said, I don't have any desire to see their resilience tested either.

Said it before and will say it again, I think Tor onion services are the future here. No one can seize your domain or even know where your server is. A lot of trackers rely on Cloudflare, but Cloudflare isn't their friend.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    A 2 TB drive is almost $150, and at that point I didn't even want to look at the prices for higher capacity ones. In any case, my plan is to delete as much as possible so that I can fit everything in two 500 GB disks, of which I have several, or perhaps even just one.
    Damn, that's expensive. Here 2TB Seagate is 60€, and 4TB is 100€.
    Last edited by yoco; 19.01.21 at 10:38.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss176
    2TB SSD is 150$
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    I know, prices are so damn high here. I would blame high taxes and protectionism, but our previous president waived most import tariffs in an attempt to move towards a free market economy, and (here comes the miracle) nothing changed.

For the more expensive items, it's actually cheaper to drive to Chile or fly to the USA, buy them there, then return home. Or at least it was before corona and travel restrictions.
    Thanks

What group should I look for now, for english translated anime?
    I'm a bit late to this party as this comment went over my head, but SubsPlease is the new HorribleSubs
    Anon is right that just checking AnimeTosho for any group usually works out fine tho, but I like having one group to follow. Another option is to go to the anidb page of the anime you're looking for. It lists the groups and how many people added them to their list. Groups with a higher add-rate usually have the better subs.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (20.01.21) , anon (20.01.21)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    I'm a bit late to this party as this comment went over my head, but SubsPlease is the new HorribleSubs
    Didn't know and will keep it in mind, thanks When HorribleSubs shut down, comment sections were like "what are we going to do, these guys were massive, who will step up now!?" but my thoughts were rather "anime fansubs require skill and passion, former HS members aren't going to quit forever, just join other groups or start a new one".

Semi-relevant...

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Nyaa has already shut down once, and there are other independent iterations besides the .si one. With that said, I don't have any desire to see their resilience tested either.
    One day later...

https://torrentfreak.com/mpa-takes-d...appear-210120/
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 336 of 392 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386 ... LastLast