+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 392 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 5873

Thread: The Chat/Spam Thread

Yes, cause either he'll get lucky and they won't notice or he'll get the bill he would've originally gotten. Win-win
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Yes, cause either he'll get lucky and they won't notice or he'll get the bill he would've originally gotten. Win-win
    Yes and no. I am hoping it will remain undiscovered as it has until now, because I'd be engaging in usage patterns that I wouldn't otherwise, and the increased consumption may make it more likely that this would get discovered (and billed) in the first place, so I can't say I have nothing to lose. Anyway, I'll be sure to share a full report here in either case

Also, the meter thing is pure speculation. I haven't actually checked it, but this sure isn't a senior discount; the only other theories I have are my own meter being faulty (to my favor, no less!) or good karma from returning that wallet last year
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy
    either he'll get lucky
    there's no such thing as 'getting lucky' or 'getting away with it', although it may appear so at first glance - only some effects (reactions) of one's actions are instantly observable during any particular event

a quote may be appropriate: 'Wheels of justice grind slow but grind fine' (Sun Tzu)

Quote Originally Posted by anon
    so I can't say I have nothing to lose.
    good karma from returning that wallet last year
    deceptive behavior or a desire to deceive brings negative karma, therefore you can only lose (although there may be a lesson or few to learn from this event)
    abusing previous good karma also brings negative karma
    Thanks

I don't believe in karma. Too many good things happen to bad people. Too many bad to good ones. Convince me otherwise.
    If karma is a thing, it's unbalanced and biased at best.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 20.02.19 at 23:36.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    I don't believe in karma.
    do you believe in 'as you sow so you shall reap'?

Too many good things happen to bad people. Too many bad to good ones. Convince me otherwise.
    you don't know who these people were or what they did in their previous lives, what kind of baggage they carry as they incarnate in this timeline, therefore conclusions based only on this life, or more correctly based only on that small part you noticed about them, are flawed to begin with

other than that, bad things can happen to a good person because he may be doing something wrong, making foolish decisions, acting on erroneous information, being attached to (harmful) things, keeping bad company, etc.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    do you believe in 'as you sow so you shall reap'?.
    Nope (:

Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    you don't know who these people were or what they did in their previous lives, what kind of baggage they carry as they incarnate in this timeline, therefore conclusions based only on this life, or more correctly based only on that small part you noticed about them, are flawed to begin with

other than that, bad things can happen to a good person because he may be doing something wrong, making foolish decisions, acting on erroneous information, being attached to (harmful) things, keeping bad company, etc.
    I don't believe in reincarnation either :x
    I do believe you can do everything right in life and still get out being fucked over.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    I do believe you can do everything right in life and still get out being fucked over.
    how do you know what is right and what isn't?
    where does one go when he gets out?
    how about a practical example for this quoted statement above (someone who experienced what you're saying)?
    Thanks

I feel like those are just excuses for life being sucky even if you're a good person.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    I feel like those are just excuses for life being sucky even if you're a good person.
    the thing is, rarely anyone is actually a good person (situated in the mode of goodness), on the other hand many people openly or secretly think of themselves as good (or good enough or deserving better than what they have or being unjustly deprived of some enjoyment or outcome), they entertain a sense of entitlement, even though they cannot explain why would they be entitled to anything at all

in order to properly answer such questions one needs to study the nature of reality, the truth about (human) existence, as opposed to entertaining ego-pleasing fantasies of personal grandeur
    Thanks

In my book, a good person is someone who tries their best to make the world a better place. No one is perfect, but I feel like your definition of being good is way too strict.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    In my book, a good person is someone who tries their best to make the world a better place.
    it is said that the road to hell is paved with good intentions - and poor knowledge, if i may add
    in order to make something better, one needs to know what is 'good' and what isn't

No one is perfect, but I feel like your definition of being good is way too strict.
    thats a part of the problem: people are trying to change the definition of good to whatever suits them (to whatever pleases their ego)

actually, everyone is already perfect, although they haven't realized that - because they lack self-realization
    they experience imperfection on a daily basis (superficial perception), which leads to a faulty conclusion that thats all there is to it
    therefore, perfection is not only possible, but also one's natural position
    Thanks

Even "God" doesn't pass that definition of good.

Also:
    https://www.wired.com/2007/04/old-testament-m/
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Even "God" doesn't pass that definition of good.
    God is transcendental, which means beyond good and evil, which means absolute good

the living being doesn't die with the death (destruction, transformation) of the body, so technically no living being actually died (as in: got erased out of existence), however they did experience separation from the body and an end of experiencing life in that body at the time of death (of the body)

or simply to quote an authority on the subject, while displaying modesty:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 10:18
    "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.
    Thanks

I believe death is the end.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125