Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Bash shell
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss462
    It may be a myth, but I'm burning my balls off this summer and last summer more than any year in "my own recorded history" (How do you like that slikrapid? )
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    #TheLostDaysOf2013

When Menem was in power this country didn't get so hot
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy
    more than any year in "my own recorded history" (How do you like that slikrapid?
    i guess all possible counterarguments now pale in comparison, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by anon
    When Menem was in power this country didn't get so hot
    not that controversial, huh?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by piratemeister
    Global Warming is true. Isn't it?
    the controversial/political one is false, used to push things like carbon taxes and new, still expensive solutions for the so-called renewable energy sources, not to mention the usual: fear/anxiety, etc.

on the other hand, depends how you look at it: during certain periods of time the average temperature will rise, whereas it will fall in between those periods - normally, it fluctuates - rarely does it stay the same or has the same value and there are occasional extreme changes (extremely warm or extremely cold periods aka ice-ages)

if we could measure the average temperature of the whole universe, it ought to be a constant (a state of balance, there's nowhere to lose the energy, no leakage)

human societies in general have often acted in ways that were harmful to the bio-diversity and other species (extermination, over-exploitation, monocultures, gm-crops, synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, pollution, urbanization, related ideologies,...), which affect the globe in various ways, some of which may indeed manifest as unusual changes in the weather

there is however another angle to this: human ignorance in this age will manifest itself in paying little attention to personal spiritual development, which is supposed to keep the human organism in a healthy state, superceding any health achieved through nutrition or mental health, allowing for a better comprehension of the nature of reality and the way the materialistic world functions, hence achieving a better co-existence with the surroundings

and finally an unexpected mind-f*ck twist to the story:
    remember how the people of old used to worship or give offerings to various deities, some of them having the task of watching over weather and other related conditions, which most modern people cannot think of as helpful or influential in achieving favorable weather conditions, thus abandoning these traditions - there is an idea that exactly the lack of such activities is a major (or even the only) factor in the degradation of a stable and fruitful, ie. ideal climate - it is supported by ancient scriptures in which it is said that the so-called 2nd coming event (or the restoration of ideal living conditions as another interpretation thereof) gets started by a preceding event of those aforementioned deities complaining about the lack of worship from the degraded humans which was like a signal that things have gone far enough and that divine intervention was needed to restore the original order, ie. those ideal conditions, which naturally includes the weather as well

in a way, the latter is a fulfillment of what was (at least partially) promoted by the so-called flower-generation:

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    It was the custom of "flower children" to wear and distribute flowers or floral-themed decorations to symbolize ideals of universal belonging, peace, and love.
    Thanks

My brain at eleven PM refuses to focus and read/understand that post.

I like the renewable sources btw.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Bash shell
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss462
    silkrapid, that may or may not be true, but it cannot be proven so it cannot be part of a logical argument.

I'll just leave you with this:

Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (26.08.16)

In Romania, we had temperatures up to 40C.
    I would say, trully, that in RO the temp is higher that anywhere else in Europe. Can anyone guess why?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Bash shell
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss462
    ^ Because Romanian girls are so hot and sexy?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    ^ Because Romanian girls are so hot and sexy?
    omg u pervert !!
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    I think that proves it anon's not gay!
    Thanks

SomeGuy is pervert.

anon is gay.

Nothing else is proven. That's it. THAT'S IT !
    Thanks

It's because countries with the highest agriculture potential must be destoyed. Research it you guys.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    not that controversial, huh?
    Au contraire

During most of Carlos Menem's presidency, the peso had a 1:1 fixed exchange rate to the US dollar. This means prices were cheap and stable for those who had income. Unemployment soared due to the strong currency plus free market policies: tons of people were laid off, and national industry suffered, because why pay for a national product when you can get a good imported one for the same price.

This was unsustainable, and after the crisis, the peg had to be abandoned, with the resulting devaluation. Menem supporters started saying that when he was in power, they were able to afford their house, cars, travel abroad... you could fill an entire shopping cart with 100 pesos, buy imported caviar and champagne... the country was safer, there were less drugs, Michael Jackson was still alive, 9/11 didn't happen, etc.

Basically, it's the Argentina equivalent of "Reagan wouldn't let this happen". Since SomeGuy seems somewhat familiar with our culture I was sure he would get it.

Quote Originally Posted by piratemeister View Post
    omg u pervert !!
    LaVey was right - to onlookers, having the faintest sexual desire is to be guilty of lust
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (26.08.16)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    I'll just leave you with this:

*video*

"Can we stand around and eat pies, while they're being flattened like flies, swatted by the tail of a mad invisible horse? Of course not. You, me and GEFAFWISP must contact the Sri Lankan embassy now and let them know just how shoddy this all is. If you have any doubt, just shut your eyes and imagine a child you know being hit in the head by a ton of invisible lead soup."
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 392 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast