Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    the basic ingredients are still needed, there is no way around it - what may change are the means of manipulating the ingredients and what can be done with them - however, in order to reach such knowledge, thousands of fertilized embryos are destroyed in various experiments, which means thousands of intentionally induced premature deaths and there is no happiness for a so-called civilization that so ignorantly mass murders its own children in the name of scientific progress
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    - Nirvana represents a lower spiritual level and is therefore not particularly recommended
    Care to elaborate? I thought Nirvana was basically the creme-de-la-creme/ultimate destination of the reincarnation cycle.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    it is the ultimate destination for buddhists, as far as their system goes, which is said to be a borderline area between the material and spiritual world

beyond that there are 3 main levels of the spiritual world, corresponding to the trinity of God (in vedic literature known as Brahman, Paramatman & Bhagavan)
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

anon (21.04.19)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Speaking of reinkarmation, the gas bill arrived and once again I was billed 0 m3

However, they also sent a notice stating they will install new meters in my building during this week, so if this was due to a glitch in the old ones, it's game over to my plans of abusing it. Well, life goes on
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    You must've know it would end someday?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    it's game over to my plans of abusing it.
    people often think they can get away with things - they don't realize you cannot get away with anything, and i mean anything, not even with own thoughts - if your own thoughts are impure, it'll cost you (karmic burden)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    You must've know it would end someday?
    This entire universe will end someday, so what hope was there for a bugged gas meter?

people often think they can get away with things - they don't realize you cannot get away with anything, and i mean anything, not even with own thoughts - if your own thoughts are impure, it'll cost you (karmic burden)
    I knew you'd say that, but I was hoping winter would pass before not getting away with my impure thoughts and actions
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Anyway, I'm having a pretty weird problem right now. I spent most of the weekend doing a clean Windows install, and after reaching the point where the most important things were already set up, I was relaxing a little until I noticed that whenever I downloaded anything, music playback would stutter and crackle until the download was over.

This is a classic symptom of high DPC latency, and indeed LatencyMon helped me trace it to huge latency spikes caused by ndis.sys, a networking component. I tried uninstalling VMware's network bridge, undoing several TCP/IP tweaks, updating my wireless adapter's drivers, swapping the adapter, and finally... reverting to my old install, but the problem (which had never happened before) persisted.

I deleted the image for the new install in frustration, turned off the computer and went to sleep...

Today I tried it again, and everything was fine even as I downloaded a torrent at 3 MB/s. Then it started happening again, then stopped, then it's back... the only thing I know for sure is that if I disable processor idling in my power plan settings, DPC latency plummets and this issue never occurs, but the processor's power consumption and temperature increases.

If someone else here ever has the same problem and it's driving you crazy to the point of wanting to try that workaround, run these commands as administrator to unhide some power management features, and then change your settings as described in the comment lines.

Code:
    rem "Allow Throttle States": an additional reduction of clock speeds
    rem Make sure this is set to "Off" to solve DPC latency issues
    powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR 3b04d4fd-1cc7-4f23-ab1c-d1337819c4bb -ATTRIB_HIDE

rem "Processor performance core parking min cores": minimum amount of _active_ cores
    rem Make sure this is set to 100% to solve DPC latency issues
    powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 -ATTRIB_HIDE

rem "Processor idle disable": not the same as setting "minimum processor state" to 100%?
    rem Make sure this is set to "Disable idle" to solve DPC latency issues
    powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR 5d76a2ca-e8c0-402f-a133-2158492d58ad -ATTRIB_HIDE

rem "Processor performance core parking max cores": maximum amount of _active_ cores
    rem Make sure this is set to 100% to solve DPC latency issues
    powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR ea062031-0e34-4ff1-9b6d-eb1059334028 -ATTRIB_HIDE

rem And finally, set "minimum processor state" to 100%
    Thanks

uh oh i'm royally fucked
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    welcome to the club of 7+ billion, most of whom are heading in a similar direction
    Thanks

Hey Slik, how does one find spiritual enlightenment when all they can do is get caught up and somehow remain stuck in how they've lost the only friendship they only truly appreciated in their lives?
    You can't force what isn't there anymore, but one often longs for what once was.
    Asking for a friend~ !
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    one who seeks spiritual enlightenment needs at the very least to loosen one's attachment towards the numerous material things in one's life, which includes attachment to one's body, senses/sensations, psychological self-images, mental patterns, behavioral habits, results of our actions, local or global events, attachments to other people, relationships, society, ideology and the like; because these things are all temporary, transient and impermanent, they will change and eventually go away - those who become too attached to these things experience strong negative feelings and psychological disorders (like lamentation, depression, etc.) especially when losing them; they get stuck in the past, longing for what once was and are not able to move on with their lives due to such misplaced desires - if this happens at the end of their life, their strong desires will dictate the course of reincarnation and thus (one's own) history repeats itself

spiritual enlightenment means approaching (getting closer to) that which is spiritual and permanent (one's soul, God as the source of this soul and one's relationship to God are 3 main examples of what is considered spiritual) - the best way to do that is by faithfully following and applying in one's life the teachings of trustworthy spiritual movements aka world religions, as revealed in holy scriptures and exemplified by holy persons (founders and worthy disciples)

so, this person who got stuck in reliving one's memories seems to have had a very strong attachment to the now lost friendship - i suppose some counseling can be recommended, preferably by a person of authority or trust: a priest (if applicable, especially due to the spiritual angle or point of view), a close member of the family, a close friend or someone with experience in such matters; who would then find out the root of this situation, assess the person's condition and provide solutions (which usually means persuading the person to loosen or let go of the attachment and focus on something more tangible and currently available, some new meaningful goal in life, not necessarily spiritual but sufficient to get out of this current situation) - medical professionals are not really recommended because they mostly prescribe medication which suppresses the effects, which may have other unwanted results (numbing, other disorders, physical or psychological damage, addiction to the medication, etc.), which doesn't really solve much of anything; not to mention their inability to diagnose spiritually related issues

spiritually speaking, every friendship in the materialistic world will end sooner or later - the original and never-ending friendship is eternally available in the spiritual world and it is the conclusion of enlightened saints that God is the best well-wishing friend of all living entities, who never abandons the innumerable souls although they may not be qualified to See Him or realize their eternal relationship
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

anon (01.05.19) , Sazzy (01.05.19)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Windows: "The minimum requirements to run Windows 7 are a 1 GHz processor, 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of disk space."
    Linux: "You want to run a modern version of me in a 486? Well, you're crazy but it's not like I'm going to stop you or anything."

Thanks

But then again, let's not pretend it really runs all that well.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 392 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast