+ Reply to Thread
Page 275 of 392 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 5873

Thread: The Chat/Spam Thread

I mean, i totally get you. But there's people I've been buying gifts for first for years now. Honestly; It really hurt when they didn't get me anything this year just because I didn't take the first step. I didn't care about most people, but a select few of them actually hurt. Only to get that reply today "i was gonna get you something but i didn't know what"

Honestly though; I'm sorry you didn't get anything this year. Do you have steam or something? What do you want?
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

anon (30.12.18)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    I mean, i totally get you. But there's people I've been buying gifts for first for years now. Honestly; It really hurt when they didn't get me anything this year just because I didn't take the first step. I didn't care about most people, but a select few of them actually hurt. Only to get that reply today "i was gonna get you something but i didn't know what"
    Well, I know that feeling. And while I insist that in all likelihood there was no malice involved, sadly there's not much you can do, other than hoping this whole ordeal will make them act differently next year.

Oh, and keeping some sort of public wishlist may be very effective at eliminating the "I didn't know what" excuse

Honestly though; I'm sorry you didn't get anything this year. Do you have steam or something? What do you want?
    Awww, that's so nice of you The only (non-free) game I've played this year that I would consider worth the price is Yandere: I love you, so I want to kill you, but it's not on Steam.

https://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/wor.../RE035189.html
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Maybe they feel like they need to buy you gifts since you gave them first?

Here, in all my family we don't buy gifts for christmas, ever. It's not our tradition. It's been with your family for holidays and that's it. But we did buy gifts for my niece (santa) and put it under tree. She was very happy!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    they're not selfish
    oh yes, they (people) are - its varying degrees of selfishness, depending on the person and the circumstances - selfishness is defined as 'the lack of selflessness'
    the ideal human condition is the state of perfect selflessness, approached only by saintly persons

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy
    I didn't care about most people, but a select few of them actually hurt.
    why give gifts to people you don't care about? why give gifts to people you do care about? could there be some selfish motive involved in those actions?
    giving gifts means 'action', therefore you're setting yourself up for a 'reaction' - the 'amount' of selfishness in your actions will be reflected back to you (as you sow, so you shall reap)

you got too attached to the expectation (of getting a gift from vip's), thus suffering when the expectations weren't met - for comparison, a selfless person would not be disturbed if things do not end up as expected, he'd continue attempting to do 'the right thing' because that is his duty in life

so what is the best gift one can receive (or give)? it is the wisdom on how to approach the ideal human condition, because in that situation everyone benefits (everyone gets closer to the ideal), not only the person attempting the approach
    Thanks

It was merely a test to see if people would bother if I didn't take the first step. The answer was no. They still got their gifts yesterday though.
    I mean, it is what it is. A friend once said that people would start taking the first step if I just took the first step a few years first. I was curious about that notion and decided to test it out.

I made myself happy by seeing them being happy getting their gift. And in the end that's all that matters.
    It's just that I would've preferred the outcome where people wanted to give me something on their own, rather than just feeling like they have to repay me. That's not the kind of relationship I wanted to have with them.

I'm probably just expecting or hoping too much here.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 30.12.18 at 17:49.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Next social experiment to be undertaken by Sazzy: remove birthday from Facenook, then see how many people actually remember it.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (31.12.18) , Blocker (31.12.18)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    I don't use facebook, but for a few years now I notice that some people very close to me don't remember my birthday even thou I wish them every year!
    Thanks

My best friend pretended to have forgotten my birthday this year because she wanted to spend time with her girlfriend instead and didn't think I'd understand after she made a huge deal about us hanging out on my birthday a month earlier.
    That little lie took quite a long time to unravel, until she finally caved and confessed everything, because she felt guilty and was surprised at how upset it made me.

Bleh.

And I still miss her
    Last edited by Sazzy; 31.12.18 at 10:51.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Me, I wonder how many would have remembered mine this year if my mom hadn't told everyone within a 100 km radius And yet, one of my few close friends didn't...

I'm conflicted about this; on one side I haven't been keen on celebrating being one year closer to my death for quite a long time now (i.e. it's just another day), on the other I still feel bad if people don't remember without "help".

Bleh².
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    I haven't been keen on celebrating being one year closer to my death for quite a long time now
    birthday is about celebrating the fact that you were born in a human body, which is favorable to spiritual advancement, which is the ultimate purpose of human life

it means you (and other living humans) were given a chance to do something about your spiritual situation - for those who waste the opportunity, their chance will be taken away at the time of death
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    birthday is about celebrating the fact that you were born in a human body, which is favorable to spiritual advancement, which is the ultimate purpose of human life

it means you (and other living humans) were given a chance to do something about your spiritual situation - for those who waste the opportunity, their chance will be taken away at the time of death
    I always saw it as a "you made it to another year, well done you" thing, but the two don't have to be mutually exclusive.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    I always saw it as a "you made it to another year, well done you" thing, but the two don't have to be mutually exclusive.
    survival without spiritual advancement can be compared to a Pyrrhic victory - so much struggle and the result is no better than that of an ordinary surviving animal (normally incapable of spiritual advancement)
    Last edited by slikrapid; 31.12.18 at 23:37.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss445
    2019 just started. For reference, I stepped into third decade of my life.
    And I'm devoting first hours of 2019. to write on Chat/Spam Thread on forum
    which I didn't visit for many years. Absurdity of life. Piracy bit fell out
    of my focus combined with satisfaction with level of tech knowledge I've attained.

I remember well most of nicks which still pop here as active, so cheers to all
    and of course -- you've got my best wishes for 2019 (and beyond!).

Funny how torrent trackers come and go, but good old sb-i is still here, and in mostly
    same clothes as always. I like that. I'm not big fan of change for the change's sake.

What triggered me to write here are these last few posts from slikrapid, which is
    sb-i member I vaguely remember from before, and I think I held him in high regards.

I, naturally, as I guess most people, always felt allure towards spirit-related things.
    And phrase that got my attention in last 2 posts is "spiritual advancement".
    I like to advance. Everyone likes. And maybe this is just time of year when people
    think more of such things. Advancement. I know gyms, for sure, will be full of
    freshly determented advancing people. At least for the first few weeks, or maybe until
    their newfound membership expires. Heh. But forget them, they aren't topic...
    Topic is >>spiritual<< advancement. Or... what I'm going to argue for: futileness of it.
    Maybe I'm just on my new super low point in life regarding my spiritual development.
    But I just can't see the point of it. That unsettles me a little bit because I
    think that I have decent comprehension skills. And every now and then I
    stumble upon similar talk from people swimming those "spiritual" waters, and throwing
    out their spirit-terms all importantly like they mean something. They maybe mean
    to them - but they are quite void of meaning to me. All things spiritual requires me to
    take a great leap of faith, which I can't do if I want to remain honest to myself.
    And honesty and truth is a paramount. Its also main reason why I doubt everything,
    and I'm never fully sure of anything. Its not easy way, but the only one I regard as right.

Spiritual anything, if it exists, must come from inside of me. So far, in my life,
    it has failed to manifest clearly enough to devote much/any real attention to it. Life seems just fine
    without spiritual anything. Not that I cannot improve enormous amount of things about my life,
    but to chase spirituality - thing which I'm not convinced even exists, ehh?
    Don't I have enough concrete, materialistic goals to fulfill already? Things which are
    actually proven to me that matter in this life. Like: money, sports, travel, love, family.
    Many things to do which yield concrete results. Spiritual advancement otoh. What does
    that even mean? Empty phrase. . . . Its easy (for most people) to get into some beliefs, and probably
    beneficial if it aids them through their life. But to claim those believes to be
    "ultimate purpose of human life" sounds quite silly to me. Please, don't find this
    insulting, slikrapid, as it ain't ment so. Its just consequencial from our currently
    diverged world viewpoints.

I don't like the tone in which I'm ending this post as I'm not visiting internet
    forums to argue, debate, and take "devil's advocate" stances, In 99% times I just read,
    "lurk" and move along, but its becoming too late, and this post went too much on long side, hopefully most
    people will just skip it, its Chat/Spam topic afterall so everyone feel free ignore my ramblings
    and spam ahead! :)

Happy 2019.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

Mon (13.01.19) , slikrapid (01.01.19)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Well, there's a blast from the past

This forum is what you make of it. Past a certain point, cheating and even torrents themselves start losing their relevance and people react in different ways. I'm happy to see yours wasn't to forget about us!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowww
    But I just can't see the point of it. That unsettles me a little bit because I
    think that I have decent comprehension skills.
    right now you have some knowledge, as you get older you'll gain some and lose some, as you die you'll lose it all - this is obviously not a good method of acquiring knowledge, since you end up empty handed
    its the same with other 'things of value', like: personal possessions, wealth, beauty, youth, health, fame, enjoyment, happiness, family, loved ones, friends, pets, you name it

trustworthy spirituality teaches the way towards life eternal in eternal knowledge and eternal bliss
    trustworthy spiritual movements (usually known as religions) are maintaining such (revealed) knowledge, for the benefit of humanity

All things spiritual requires me to
    take a great leap of faith, which I can't do if I want to remain honest to myself.
    great leaps of faith are made throughout one's life: faith that the next day will arrive, that you'll be able to finish what you started, that your actions have some meaning, that something would benefit you, that your body won't collapse all of a sudden, that some idea is worth trusting, etc. - sometimes these leaps are successful and sometimes they fail

in order to advance spiritually, one has to develop unflinching faith in trustworthy spiritual revelations (aka holy scriptures) and trustworthy spiritual teachers (aka movement founders, gurus, saints), because that is an impediment-free way of transferring knowledge, which leads towards personal spiritual revelation

And honesty and truth is a paramount.
    at this point you still don't know who you are, so when you say 'honest to myself' it practically means 'honest to my current idea of myself' - this idea changes through life so to take any one of them would be dishonest to other ideas, or it would be dishonest to that idea which is the right one (aka the true idea or the truth)

so it would be honest to say that you are still (knowingly or unknowingly) searching for the truth

Its also main reason why I doubt everything,
    and I'm never fully sure of anything. Its not easy way, but the only one I regard as right.
    if you have much doubt about walking, you might never make the first step (necessary to start walking)

the right way is that way where there isn't a shadowww of a doubt within, where all ignorance is dispelled through the light of Truth, that is the perfection of spiritual advancement

Spiritual anything, if it exists, must come from inside of me.
    why? just because you don't see it or feel it with your senses? - it is said that only purified senses are able to see, hence: becoming a Seer of the spiritual Truth
    and what do these Seers see? that the true nature of reality is spiritual, both within and without

Life seems just fine
    without spiritual anything.
    life seems fine when everything goes as expected or to a manageable degree, but when trouble starts mounting, when questions start pouring in, when everything else fails, when there is nowhere else to go, when the prodigal son gets fed up with illusory foreign landscapes,... then it may be time to return to one's true (spiritual) home, to those infallible eternal fundamentals of life

Don't I have enough concrete, materialistic goals to fulfill already? Things which are
    actually proven to me that matter in this life.
    the usual materialistic goals or results will eventually prove unsatisfactory/unfulfilling, transient/fluctuating/unstable, false/illusory/disappearing,... the exact opposite of what a human (a spirit soul) is actually looking for, who due to his ignorance (of the nature of reality) is looking for happiness/fulfillment in the wrong place (the materialistic world)

so the 'ultimate purpose of human life' is to find out his true identity, which is spiritual (a spirit soul) and the path towards this self-realization is called spiritual advancement

so everyone feel free ignore my ramblings
    i'd say this was something important for you to talk about, otherwise you'd just keep lurking like before, no?
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

shadowww (02.01.19)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 275 of 392 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast