+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking For Best Password Manager

I agree to your point, but one must be smart enough not to use critical information on such softwares. That's totally upto the person if he/she finds it acceptable to store critical information as well.

If one has various logins for general purposes (torrenting , social media etc) then there such softwares are definitely convenient and to many out there , a need of the hour.

Obviously one should not be stupid enough to store a bank or CC related information with such softwares , be it cloud based or the external ones .

Quote Originally Posted by shadowww View Post
    W00t! Storing passwords on god knows which server is considered secure???

There is so much potential security holes with it that I don't know where to begin...

Potential vulnerabilities all along the way from being sent from your local PC to remote server... Issue of trust to all chain of people in charge of that particular server. Issue of encryption setup of server and whole system (proper crypto is not trivial to do). Issue of centralized target for anyone who could be interested in your password (and that could be VERY varied group of individuals and organizations, among which some have substantial resources like AD companies, online market researchers, government agencies, etc).

I know 'cloud' is buzzword of the year, and it surely makes certain things like syncing and backup quite convenient but I would never use it as a personal password manager.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss445
    Well if one uses such thing as password manager, I'd assume he would trust it for ALL passwords everywhere and anywhere, even for things you call critical info.

For torrent tracker passwords I personally find simple plain text file, or hell, even browser's saved passwords database enough.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12