+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dSploit - Android Network Toolkit

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss205

dSploit - Android Network Toolkit

Available here. (root required)

Not sure if any of you guys read about DroidSheep--which basically allowed you to hijack other people on your networks live internet sessions. Much hubbub with funny facebook session hijacking ensued.

This is similar, but features many additional "tools" to "test the security of your own network". Features include a lot of standard port sniffers and stuff, but also a lot of built in man-in-the-middle attacks.

But remember, it's for your network only. That's right kids. Don't do anything naughty.
    Last edited by Nobody; 23.08.13 at 11:40.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (31.08.13)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Interesting. However, I'd be curious to know on it's efficacy. I went to the site and it showed comparisons of the app itself and among some of its competitors. Historically, and I am sure your aware of this as well, when an app presents itself to do this or that, it's efficacy for results is not always as desired. Meaning that the author still has some work to do before it does produce desired results.

I went through the changelog and had a look. It does look like there have been a number of fixed implemented during its history which does illustrate some positve things for the app and it's productivity.
    Have you tried this app yourself yet, Nobody? If you did, was it effacacious for you??

Overall this app looks really useful when properly used. Good find, Nobody.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss205
    Yup, I've used it. Both on my own network and to "test the strength" of other networks.

The MITM/Man In The Middle attacks seem particularly effective, and those are primarily what I used. The basic functions work rather well (denying all traffic, replacing images, etc). Some of the more advanced features (i.e. session hijacking) are a bit more in-depth and require a bit more luck to capture the necessary cookies. Granted, it seems like a pretty decent all-in-one tool

I'll be giving those more in-depth testing soon!
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (29.08.13)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Now you've got me curious Nobody. I might try it out myself on my own network and perhaps some random network in the neighbourhood.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss296
    i've been using this for about 8-9 months - it's a brilliant tool.

i am also a beta tester for anti for over a year now ( zImperium - Securing Your Empire - Android Network Toolkit ) and it doesn't even compare to dsploit, when you consider that dsploit is free.

injection works great, as do most of the mitm attacks. it's an essential for any tester's toolkit.

another very decent mitm suite for android is 'network spoofer' ( Network Spoofer | Free System Administration software downloads at SourceForge.net )

network spoofer runs a trimmed debian image in the background, so you'll need about 500mb of space to accomodate (including space for caps)

when doing any sort of auditing on your phone, you do need a DECENT device - i was using an s2 about a year ago, but picked up an s4 this time around. unless you're running a multi core device with a decent battery, you're gonna need to run off of mains, defeating the point of the tool in the first place.

there are a handful of other tools about, but i'm currently in a rush - i may add some more links later!
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Nobody (03.09.13)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    Wow great Tool!!!!
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread