Thread: German IT officials reportedly deem Windows 8 too ‘dangerous’ to use

P2P Client
    some sexymode
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss234

Angry German IT officials reportedly deem Windows 8 too ‘dangerous’ to use

The National Security Agency’s snooping practices may be costing American companies a lot of money. German publication Zeit Online has obtained leaked documents that purportedly show that IT experts within the German government believe that Windows 8 contains back doors that the NSA could use to remotely control any computers that have it installed.

The German officials specifically worry about how Windows 8 interacts with Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs) and are concerned that once Windows machines are paired with TPM 2.0 in 2015, they won’t be able to deactivate it on their machines if they don’t want it. Once TPM 2.0 is in place, Zeit says that German researchers fear that there will be “simply no way to tell what exactly Microsoft does to their system through remote updates.” Because of this “loss of control over [the capabilities of] information technology,” the researchers conclude that ”the security-oriented principles of ‘confidentiality’ and ‘integrity’ are no longer achievable” in machines that have TPM 2.0 installed.

Interestingly, the researchers say that they’ll still be able to use Windows 7 securely “until 2020,” so it seems the German government may be using the legacy version of Microsoft’s platform for years to come if it takes up its IT experts’ recommendations.

Microsoft Windows 8 NSA back door alleged | BGR

1- i wish thet android os well b on all pc end wel growe end wel be beter then windows os
    2- end to Microsoft's=micro$hit i wish thet Microsoft wel go in to the night end never comback with all the $hit end the beckdor trojan thet the put in the os tpm 2.0 2.1 2.5 wtf
    yack fuuuu Microsoft's
    p.s
    end sory for my hard word all the beckdors ens restrection The future does not look good
    regards
    starforce
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (24.08.13)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6660
    wouldn't surprise me at all. wouldn't be the first time either thinking of the backdoor they had in NT4
    Your account has been disabled.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread