+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to check there there is actual seeding activity on a torrent

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38

How to check there there is actual seeding activity on a torrent

When choosing torrent files to cheat, I generally choose files with a good number of seeders and leechers and not packs. However, even though a file may say it has a number of leechers, these leechers may actually be partial-seeders and there may be no activity on the torrent file at all.

How do I check whether there is actual activity on a torrent with real leechers? Especially on some of the more specialized trackers with less activity. And rather than say guestimating some of these leechers are active and cheating just like that.
    Last edited by Smiths; 30.05.13 at 12:19.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39444
    Check the peerlist in the tracker, if available. The upload speed displayed there is not reliable (it's an average for each peer's session), but if you see too many people who have had the torrent running for a long time stuck at a certain percentage, they're partial seeders.

If that feature is not present, there's another method I can think of, but it has its downsides.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    I am familiar with the programs mRatio and Ratiomaster. Is there any way to see the peerlist in any of these programs? Or would I have to pick up another cheating program?
    (I understand I can do this with regular uTorrent but I don't want to make my presence known this way)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39444
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiths View Post
    I am familiar with the programs mRatio and Ratiomaster. Is there any way to see the peerlist in any of these programs?
    No, they don't connect to peers or transfer data at all, that's what sets them apart from client mods.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread