+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BitTyrant

Activity Longevity
    0/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11

BitTyrant

Hi All :) yes, Im still looking around, and found that client too: BitTyrant :)
    Ok, its has been discontinued since 2007, so no need to talk too much or build a Mod based on it..
    But, apart the many features missing, I really saw working a very nice feature, the one called "Selection of peers to unchoke":
    Quote Originally Posted by http://bittyrant.cs.washington.edu/
    Q: How is BitTyrant different from existing BitTorrent clients?

BitTyrant differs from existing clients in its selection of which peers to unchoke and send rates to unchoked peers. Suppose your upload capacity is 50 KBps. If you’ve unchoked 5 peers, existing clients will send each peer 10 KBps, independent of the rate each is sending to you. In contrast, BitTyrant will rank all peers by their receive / sent ratios, preferentially unchoking those peers with high ratios. For example, a peer sending data to you at 20 KBps and receiving data from you at 10 KBps will have a ratio of 2, and would be unchoked before unchoking someone uploading at 10 KBps (ratio 1). Further, BitTyrant dynamically adjusts its send rate, giving more data to peers that can and do upload quickly and reducing send rates to others.
    .. so, I have a very simple question: is it out there another torrent client with that same exact feature? if yes, whats name? :)

Thank you for your attention :)
    Last edited by nikitan; 15.03.13 at 14:53.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    I know none with that exact feature, although there two clients which attempt to get better speeds by using short network routes. And of course, BitThief which is a pure leecher.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    Thanks @anon, thats amazing! :) what are names of those 2 clients using short routes??
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Top-BT and BitMate.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    .. well, pity, the idea was good indeed.. but they spoiled it :( TopBT is already discontinued from 2010, and BitMate privileges low bandwidth peers, and boost upload speeds not dw..
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread