Thread: Belkin buys Linksys

P2P Client
    Bangladesh Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss196

Belkin buys Linksys

Well-known connectivity and networking company, Belkin, has announced today that they plan to purchase another well-known connectivity and networking company, Linksys, from Cisco. Belkin has entered an agreement that will see it purchase the Home Networking Business Unit from Cisco, which includes a swathe of technology, employees and of course the Linksys brand.

According to the press release from Belkin, they intend to maintain the Linksys brand as well as provide support for existing products and honor all existing and future Linksys warranties. When the acquisition has been finalized, Belkin estimates that they will hold approximately 30% of the United States "retail home and small business networking market".

Chet Pipkin, CEO of Belkin, said that they are "very excited about this announcement" as the two companies "share many core beliefs"; "Linksys will enhance Belkin’s capabilities to meet the needs of the service provider space and small business users". Belkin did not disclose how much it paid for the Home Networking Business Unit, and as they are a private company they likely won't even after the deal closes, which is expected to happen in March 2013.
    Belkin buys Linksys

Maybe it's just me...But I have always had problems with Belkin routers. Hopefully things won't change too much with the new owners.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (29.01.13)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    30 percent is a fairly large percentage in owning that much of the market. And with having to own that much would require quite a bit of money. And so with many types of aquisitions, I wouldn't be surprised to see some lay-offs and program/technology funding reductions. Maybe not a lot but I would tend to think some at least.

In addition, you can just see how important the technology markets are and the pace of their growth including aquisitions.
    Last edited by SealLion; 29.01.13 at 06:21.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread