+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had enough of vuze. Can anyone suiggest a good utorrent based alternative?

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30

Had enough of vuze. Can anyone suiggest a good utorrent based alternative?

I have had some sort of bug with vuze for many versions now and its just pissing me right off now. I use vuze extreme mod latest version atm. When launching a torrent file on double click vuze does sod all and i have to launch again. Sometimes it can take 4-5 launches before vuze does anything. When launching multiple torrents at the same time for example 10 half of them will fail to load into vuze. Vuze has done this for as long as i can remember. This coupled with the fact it takes AGES to verify certain archives not all just some make me want to try something else.

Can anyone suggest an alternative to extreme mod that is utorrent based? Preferably free of spyware and tracking stuff.

I am looking for options that yield the same results as follows from extreme mod.

Real download manipulation reduce 100%
    dont send completed flag
    remove torrent when done.

Just those 3 thats all I need for all of my trackers.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what they would recommend i.e. whats the best most common and stable mod.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (04.10.12) , coolio9 (04.10.12) , yoco (04.10.12)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7979
    I agree with post above! Love uSerenity
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

coolio9 (04.10.12)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30
    ill give it a try. cheers.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    13/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39495
    Quote Originally Posted by coolio9 View Post
    I am looking for options that yield the same results as follows from extreme mod.

Real download manipulation reduce 100%
    dont send completed flag
    remove torrent when done.
    You can also use NoReport-Leecher from my mod pack to achieve those results... but Serenity is much better.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Been using serenity for a week now, ghost leeching every torrent. So much better than worrying about ratio.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ForgotMyOtherLogin View Post
    Been using serenity for a week now, ghost leeching every torrent. So much better than worrying about ratio.
    Sure but you can't use the accounts as proofs for getting invites without buffering them first.
    One way or the other we still need to fake.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Sure but you can't use the accounts as proofs for getting invites without buffering them first.
    One way or the other we still need to fake.
    i only use 2 private trackers for ease of use and usenet for everthing else.

Also userenity from that topic when downloaded it wont extract as its corrupt. Has anyone got a link to an uncorrupt version?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    13/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39495
    Also userenity from that topic when downloaded it wont extract as its corrupt.
    Use 7-Zip and/or type the password manually.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Use 7-Zip and/or type the password manually.
    Looks good however there is nothing anywhere to remove the torrent when done. Are there any other utorrent mods that do this?

Also in userenity whats the dht patch for? is there anywhere i can use this client to download from private and public? I usually use utorrent with dht for public and vuze with it disabled for private.

Alswhich are the most inconspicuous ghost leech settings as there seems to be a few in userenity. I always used reduce download 100% in vuze.

Yea i think i need a guide..
    Thanks

Alswhich are the most inconspicuous ghost leech settings as there seems to be a few in userenity. I always used reduce download 100% in vuze.
    I use the settings be leech/no down/no up/no corrupt/connect once. I'm not sure about auto removing finished torrents. The dht patch is so you can connect to people that aren't on the tracker and/or who are also ghost leeching. If you want to run completely legitimate when you add a torrent click advanced and then uncheck the boxes for dht/local peer/peer exchange.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

coolio9 (05.10.12)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgotMyOtherLogin View Post
    I use the settings be leech/no down/no up/no corrupt/connect once. I'm not sure about auto removing finished torrents. The dht patch is so you can connect to people that aren't on the tracker and/or who are also ghost leeching. If you want to run completely legitimate when you add a torrent click advanced and then uncheck the boxes for dht/local peer/peer exchange.
    I've managed to find the queue option to stop the torrent when finiahed that will do me. Only problem im having now is with the damned icon. Ive tried changing the icon to the vize one as thats what im used to. Did this with reshacker. However when i associate it the icon for the torrent is a white background with the icon really small in the middle its looks real shabby lol. Is there anyway to make the whole icon what it should be like when its asdsociated to utorrent or vuze?

I have also noticed a problem i am using the option connect once only with nothing else enabled however it seems the torrent is permanently attached to the tracker stats as leeching and wont timeout lol. Ill try your settings.

---------- Post Merged at 06:35 ---------- Previous Post was at 06:32 ----------

Has utorrent got any plugins that auto extracts rars.

Would be nice to have a dropdown to select the label instead of typing it, Would have got rid utorrent completely then.
    Last edited by coolio9; 05.10.12 at 07:44.
    Thanks

Has utorrent got any plugins that auto extracts rars.
    you can use 7zip command line tool then you can use this code to extract the rars .
    c:\7za.exe e "%D"/*.* -o"%D"/extracted
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattah View Post
    you can use 7zip command line tool then you can use this code to extract the rars .
    is there anyway to do it with winrar?
    Thanks

is there anyway to do it with winrar?
    7zip command line tool is a separated tool from the 7zip program which you can download .. It won't associate itself with the rars or something don't worry.
    Back to your question .. Yes you can do it using winrar but the command line parameters of winrar isn't improved enough to be reliable and professional in my human sense .
    So, my advice to you is to use the 7zip command line version which is just one portable file you can save in any folder and use it so easily .
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast