Thread: An easy way to delete web accounts

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581

An easy way to delete web accounts

Do you care about your personal data? We provide instructions to remove your account or public profile on most popular websites, including Skype, Facebook, Windows Live, Hotmail / Live, Twitter, MSN / Messenger, Google and many more. Want to create an account somewhere? Check our Blacklist first to see if it's even possible to remove your profile.
    how to easily delete your online accounts | accountkiller.com
    Primo Avulso Non Deficit Alter
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Mihai (04.09.12) , slikrapid (30.08.12)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Do you care about your personal data?
    aside from the fact that the answer for everyone would be: partially yes, the 'temporary solution' to 'personal data leaks' is rather simple: just be careful what data you provide to other persons or in public (www sites included) directly or indirectly (what they can guess/calculate/cross-reference), fi. don't be a slave to habits (being predictable), don't always use intermediaries (like google), etc.

regarding the future, it will become increasingly more difficult to maintain reasonable levels of anonymity since many key players in the field (governments, corporations, various organizations, medium to large companies,... both on and off-line) are extremely interested in figuring out everything there is to know about every single person available (customers or potential customers, threats or potential threats, followers or potential followers,...) so they can at all times be one step ahead of you, predicting via computer analysis whats your next course of action and making their move (if deemed necessary) just before you do, preferably before you even think of doing it - all of this will ofc be nicely packaged for you to accept or comply to (fi. to provide a better service, to make things easier, for a safer neighborhood, as a law, as a response to some crisis,... you name it), whereas it will actually only be another layer of surveillance/control/authority placed upon you, further reducing any leftovers of previous freedom/liberties, fortifying the global/local/personal path towards an even heavier or more sophisticated (totalitarian) system than the currently active one(s), which would officially get labeled and undoubtedly glorified as examples of progress, ie. as an advancement of a civilization

Check our Blacklist first to see if it's even possible to remove your profile.
    i'd say that this removal likely works only as a placebo, whereas no one can really tell whether the profiles were really deleted/removed or whether they are merely inaccessible to the original user, but still actively used for tracking, cross-referencing & user recognition/profiling/archiving, sharing with 3rd parties, etc. - now, if one takes into account that extreme interest mentioned above, the conclusion would be: the data is very likely still being used, attempting to link/match previously collected info with that being collected from newly created accounts, or that coming from third parties which do their own collecting & sharing, thus still available for various databases of user profiles, trying to link/match 'anonymous' profiles with names/addresses/... of actual people, continuing/perfecting the process 'indefinitely', as it may all come in real handy even now for various purposes, let alone when the accompanying technology becomes thoroughly implemented (and sufficiently mature/sophisticated) in numerous areas of human activity, not to mention when humans become so addicted/dependent/accustomed to it that life without it would seem (almost) impossible
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (31.08.12)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Imo, I hardly doubt such a web service really does work.

Taken from the FAQ of AccountKiller website:

Why did you create AccountKiller?
    On many sites we experienced it's hard or often impossible to cancel one's account

What kind of statistics do you keep for your site?
    In order to track the usage habits of our visitors, we collect information using Google Analytics - such as your IP address, your ISP (internet service provider), your web browser, the time you visited the site, and which pages you viewed during your visit. We do not gather or store any information which can be used to identify you personally (such as your name, email address, physical address, telephonenumber, bank account number or credit card numbers).
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    Imo, I hardly doubt such a web service really dös work.
    they don't delete accounts but only offer links and info about sometimes hard to find settings on the original site
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Interesting thing I found on Account Killer website on the vBullitin web-forums if you go to the Blacklisted websites. The link below takes you directly to their vBullitin related content.

---------- Post Merged at 16:57 ---------- Previous Post was at 16:55 ----------

Interesting thing I found on Account Killer website on the vBullitin web-forums if you go to the Blacklisted websites.

Nevertheless I think there is also something on this board about users wishing to have their accounts deleted or usernames renamed is there not?? I do believe I did come across this at one point.
    Last edited by SealLion; 02.09.12 at 00:58.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion
    Nevertheless I think there is also something on this board about users wishing to have their accounts deleted or usernames renamed is there not?? I do believe I did come across this at one point.
    vBulletin FAQ
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I guess what I was alluding to (and I should have mentioned it to be more clear) is that when reading the forums at one of the links provided at Account Killer, do users in this board have their accounts deleted post 180 days regardless that users PM at the aforementioned link in the FAQ?? Apparently the hack is compatible with vBullitin 3.6. (go past pg.1). Is this forum's vBullitin version greater than that specified in the hack and the portability provided??
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Excepting a single cleanup done years ago, we don't delete accounts for inactivity, only by request.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (02.09.12)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss296
    99.9% of companies would never delete your accounts for any reason - it's in their business interests to keep you on their books. what most companies do when you press any kind of 'delete account' button is remove it from being publically searchable/trackable. the info is still there - you just can't see it.
    Last edited by takomania; 02.09.12 at 19:00.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (04.09.12)

+ Reply to Thread