+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Help Me Find Thread

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    I found a post in the Vuze forums suggesting running it as root, did you try that? This wouldn't be a solution anyway (it's meant to be portable after all), but it may at least help find the cause of the problem.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

cloud99 (28.08.17)

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I found a post in the Vuze forums suggesting running it as root, did you try that? This wouldn't be a solution anyway (it's meant to be portable after all), but it may at least help find the cause of the problem.
    Thank you for this method. Much appreciated. Running the application as root has solved the problem related to running Vuze Portable. I will be listing the way I handle this problem with your help, while hoping this can act as a tutorial!

Tutorial to run (Vuze) VEM as a portable version for Linux OS.

1) Download the portable support zip (VEM v5.6.0.0) here: http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachme...le_support.zip

2) Copy and paste all content from the linux folder (from the portable zip) to the vuze folder (on your pc).

3) Next create or edit your desktop file with this source:
    Code:
    [Desktop Entry]
    Name=Vuze
    Comment=Vuze BitTorrent Client
    Exec=gksudo -k -u root /home/xXXXx/vuze/vuze
    Type=Application
    *Icon=none
    Categories=Application;Network;
    MimeType=application/x-bittorrent
    Terminal=0
    Name[en_US]=vuze(run).desktop

THE EXECUTIVE LINE IN THE DESKTOP FILE SHOULD HAVE THE DIRECTORY WHERE THE VUZE FOLDER IS PRESENT. IN MY CASE IT IS "/home/xXXXx/vuze/vuze" SO IT SHOULD BE "/home/YOUR "PC" NAME HERE/FOLLOWED BY THE FOLDER LOCATION/AND LASTLY THE VUZE OR AZUREUS SCRIPT"

4) Save it as vuze.desktop and make it executable either by pasting this in the terminal
    Code:
    chmod u+x vuze.desktop
    or right click on the vuze.desktop and choose properties. Hover to the permission and check the option "Allow executing file as program".

5) So the next time when you run Vuze (VEM). It will ask for your password which you have set up and it will run as a portable version which will create a "Azureus.conf" folder within the Vuze folder. This will act as the configuration folder.

FAQ(s)

1) Why run it as a portable version?
    A) You can run multiple instances. (It doesn't create the ./azureus configuration folder, bypassing the limitation of multiple instance(s) running).

2) Can I run the vuze.desktop through a rooted file explorer?
    A) Yes you can. However, never use the rooted file explorer if you don't know what you're doing. You can ruin the system's files/configurations.

3) Where can I report bugs/errors?
    A) Use the VEM section here: Vuze/Azureus. Head over to the latest thread and report the problem. Make sure you mention whether your version is portable or not.

4) Is this a stable release?
    A) No. If you read (anon's post above), you'll notice it being said that this is just a solution/exploit to get the portable version running. So use it at your own risk!
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

anon (29.08.17)

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud99 View Post
    Thank you for this method. Much appreciated. Running the application as root has solved the problem related to running Vuze Portable.
    I'm pleased it worked, I still consider it a workaround at best, but it'll work for this particular case.

THE EXECUTIVE LINE IN THE DESKTOP FILE SHOULD HAVE THE DIRECTORY WHERE THE VUZE FOLDER IS PRESENT. IN MY CASE IT IS "/home/xXXXx/vuze/vuze" SO IT SHOULD BE "/home/YOUR "PC" NAME HERE/FOLLOWED BY THE FOLDER LOCATION/AND LASTLY THE VUZE OR AZUREUS SCRIPT"[/COLOR]
    Can't you use ~ as shorthand for your home directory? Or does the path get parsed after you become root? I don't remember...
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

cloud99 (31.08.17)

Can't you use ~ as shorthand for your home directory?
    Thank you for pointing this out. You can use "~vuze/vuze" in the executive path if Vuze has been been installed in the home directory. I copied this script from a source of vuze which was stored in a different directory and changed the home/name/vuze/vuze.

Or does the path get parsed after you become root? I don't remember...
    It still works. I run Firefox in that method from the program launcher i.e., ALT+F2= RUN A COMMAND (~firefox/firefox). I mainly do this to avoid launching a different release of Firefox since I have two or three versions lying around.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

anon (31.08.17)

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Please help me find the soundtracks for My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (also known as Oregairu or its Japanese title Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatteiru). I've seen them on YouTube, but I don't want to download, transcode and tag some eighty videos... and I doubt someone bought the CDs and thought "let's upload this to YouTube only", so the original source has to be out there.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Only soundtrack or singles as well?
    I'll try my sources, see if I can dig up anything!
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Link sent! Tell me if you find what you're looking for!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    It had everything I wanted and more tracks I didn't even know existed Thanks so much!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Please help me find this

Code:
    (project-gxs)_Voices_of_a_Distant_Star_(Hoshi_no_Koe)_(10bit_DVD_672x504)_[niizk].mkv

CRC32:  E0260681
    MD5:    65D3D8FB9E0B872A782E7626A2BD6594
    SHA1:   A5765073CD7AC1EA92547AF0FFF49B822A11DF30
    SHA256: 1600581A0E98C579E0EA673895DD6100293595F988C84F3DF9D4F4F80F5F8A85
    ED2K:   A426DD265E76C21DB8B15320EAA45C3F
    This version is of somewhat higher quality than the one I already have, and has a different translation with soft subtitles instead of hardcoded ones.

All the links in animetosho.org are dead, and so are public torrents. eMule is a no-go for me, as the provider I'm stuck with right now uses CGNAT.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2064
    I just looked up on a private tracker "animetorrents.me" and there were no results. Maybe someone with an animebytes account can check it out for you.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

anon (24.01.18)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    I just looked up on a private tracker "animetorrents.me" and there were no results. Maybe someone with an animebytes account can check it out for you.
    WTF is that account application? Jesus.... are you applying for a job maybe at the site???
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2064
    Hahahahaha, I don't know, they are weird people.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    I had a look at that application form, and it seems pretty reasonable to me. Remember, "invite application" does not mean "free invite". You have to show that you're aware of what the tracker offers, actually have an interest on that, and know what's required to be considered a good member. Displaying the ability to string a few coherent sentences doesn't hurt either. Obviously, none of those things guarantee you will actually be a good member, but they generally correlate.

Besides, CN and FSC were much worse, wanting to know your identity on trackers, torrent forums and non-torrent communities, in addition to all IPs and seedboxes you use, and threatening with blacklisting or global bans if the details you supplied were perceived as incorrect or incomplete. Their site, their rules, of course - but personally, being treated like a criminal asking for parole before I even join would make me think twice.

The best application was TL's, without doubt: join their IRC channel, answer four questions (the most complicated being "what is BitTorrent?"), give your e-mail address and that's it!

Oops, seems I felt like typing! Anyway, thanks a lot for checking, alpacino. If anyone else is on other anime trackers, I'd also appreciate if you could have a look. And as I posted in the last seen movie thread, I recommend this one, it's a good animated short story.
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (31.01.18)

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    I searched "project-gxs", found their homepage, and in turn, a link for the movie. The hashes don't match, but it seems to be the same release so I'll count it as a win.
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

cloud99 (02.02.18) , alpacino (30.01.18)

Is there any scene release for the linux variant of WinRAR? I would take any version, it doesn't matter. I can't seem to unpack scene releases using gzip or ark correctly, so I think I need this but I can't seem to find it.

@anon: If you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast