+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The truth about LibraryGenesis

The truth about LibraryGenesis

To all using LG, you should know the truth about it.

There three main forks at the moment.

The original project is at https://libgen.fun/, with its forum at https://libgen.life/. they are controlled by bookwarrior, which is the developer, and founder of the LG project.

The other is http://libgen.rs/, and its forum of https://forum.mhut.org/ which are controlled by the second hijacker.

And finally libgen.lc, belonging to the first hijacker.

Taken from https://libgen.life/viewtopic.php?p=80161#p80161

libgen.fun/life is the only Library Genesis left in the universe at the moment. All the other sites are either irrelevant or lost the affiliation.

The difference is that gen.lib.rus.ec, the domain donated to my project, to me, by another similar project at the very beginning of LG, was collectively administered as well as a few later domains. The first server administrator slowly split off disregarding the community. The second admin split off in Feb 2020 after eradicating every other admin able to stand on his way. He gained solo control over the project. It didn't stop him to split the project against my will. Mhut is my former community which is now under the influence of this silent individual, deeming himself the owner of LG, and a couple of other guys who essentially can't do much.

The present site is a resurrection and remake from my older backups. It is dedicated to the recovery of my original project. Libgen.lc and multiple its alias domains belong to another individual, the first split admin, who in a similar way captured the entire project by being entrusted communal administration (somebody had to have a server) and have been building connections privately by acting on behalf of LG for long years. When in about 2016 he started getting donations as the only community server, he immediately claimed it was his personal pocket and since then basically split off forever leaving us with the forum and passive mirror only. The recent other split-off a year ago in February 2020 was first planned as a remedy against the first hijacker, but turned out to be another hijacking, now together with the community and against me. Days before the split-off, to demonstrate the power, the mhut impostor banned my account there to shut me up.

Basically, what you come there for is not there any longer. Those individuals refused to comply with the values I fostered and which helped to raise the project. They are enjoying the server administration and aren't capable of contributing in any other way lowering the project bar below the floor level and suffocating the development.

By setting up this site I take my raptured child back home to breathe a new life into it. The forks turned out predators who only pursue their own aims and are only ready to take. The time changed, and LG should now start over again with completely different people from this difficult level: without resource, without its community, and in predatory aggression from those I raised.

As you may guess, working in a fully open fashion and damp even more values to the forks makes no sense any longer. They killed the social model by gradually undercutting its root. The forks drain and capture any resource from LG they can reach out: donations for the library they haven't made (zlibrary have been literally a wallet on top of LG, by now may have collected tens of millions of dollars, libgen.lc $0.5M, libgen.pw/me $1M, ebook.farm/ebookoid in the same range, etc.), contributors (who brings books) who have no idea LG's spirit isn't there any longer and is being repelled from there. They all use disguise, my postings, brand, community, the rules, but only to serve their domination. I took them all without any conditions and now they immortalized themselves without being able to accept anybody else and having banned me from my own project. I'm the only founder and the creator of LG, of its concept and first full implementation, online deployment, community, culture, promotion to get it to the global scene, and defense mechanisms (thanks to the hijackers, I now must expose myself to rescue the project and they help it by occasionally publishing my private interaction with them and blackmailing to do so).

In short, I'm trying to revive what was killed during my absence in the project. Yes, I have almost no resource, and what they call LG+forks is now against me, since I break their business model and hostile organization that raptures the project further and further. The largest resource I am having is a few supportive people some of which have become like a family to me.

As for mhut, they easily place online that their official twitter account is the one libgen.pw/me owns, a completely money oriented project, who, alike zlibrary, take LG, and harvest money from it without own community or contribution back to LG. In mhut zlibrary freely discuss, what they charge money for etc. And the founder is named the opposite side. Zlibrary's contribution equals zero, pw/me probably was involved in getting some collections, but what they gained from LG is incomparably more. By now it is a hostile fork aiming at ripping more money and do as little as possible.

I need my community back, unconditionally, without the hijackers who are banned here and have become personae non gratae. There's much work to do and the society should contribute in full. It should also learn to protect my gift to the world, rather than watch in silence when LG is torn into pieces and stolen in the middle of the day.
    Taken from https://libgen.life/viewtopic.php?p=79849#p79849

No traditional mirrors are supported. However, the files are placed in the IPFS distributed storage and this way there are multiple servers supporting each individual file to guarantee their immutability and make it impossible for anybody to own the files or control access.

Note that we are not affiliated with the myriad of LG forks playing business or monopoly who are neither authorized to use the name of Library Genesis, nor receive help on our behalf, nor represent us in any form, as we are responsible members of the academic community and ethical humans working as non-profit volunteers with the aim to help the society.

Any other sites who claim to be Library Genesis or its aliases are not LG. If a server or project gets in our control or receives our support, it will be explicitly recorded in this thread. Historically, one or two servers had affiliations. However, in recent years they have been exploiting my creation, Library Genesis, its name, its community, and the contributors for their own split-off, usurpation of communal assets and resources which is incompatible with the values fostered in LG and the ways we are willing to back up. Henceforth, since 2020 Library Genesis, meant to be the temple of knowledge with our souls dwelling in it, continue without them with the breaches and losses they have brought to the project.

My postings in my former site, The Miner's Hut, can be presented as a proof of the original project, but I do not support it since January 2020 due to the irreversible discourse since mid 2016 and have no way of changing my postings there according to the changing situation.

21 June 2020
    bookwarrior
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Renk (13.09.22) , JohnareyouOK (09.09.22) , Howtolean (06.09.22) , Blocker (04.09.22)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    Do you know about this project called Pirate Library Mirror?. http://pilimi.org/
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Howtolean (06.09.22)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    The truth about LibraryGenesis: it's great! And I would like to take a moment to expose the greatness of Z-Library, too...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Unregistered
    Jesus christ, he needs to stop bitching. What malicious thing has libgen.rs ever done? How many roubles have I donated to the admins of libgen.rs? The answer to both questions is zero. Meanwhile the site remained fully operational, more operational than any other fork of libgen, and they publish megatorrents of their collection regularly too by the way. This bookwarrior person needs to do everyone a service and terminate his project if he's so scared of fragmenting the community.

Also, at this moment in time, there is nothing wrong with z-lib either. Z-lib team have done a wonderful job of producing a modern website on top of libgen with many, many free services; among other things they have a telegram bot, something that other libgen forks don't have. Yes, they paywall some things, but they don't try to hide it - when you register on zlib, literally the first thing that you see is the indicator of your daily download limit. If you don't like a site, don't upload or donate to a site.

I skimmed through the entirety of OP and I still don't understand what he's bitching about in the linked posts. Is he just very unhappy that someone STOLE his public project? No one can be this stupid, I'm convinced now that this is all just a regular attempt to fraud people out of their money by telling them sob stories, neither first nor last scam of this kind.

7. Who Said Thanks:

Howtolean (06.09.22)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Jesus christ, he needs to stop bitching. What malicious thing has libgen.rs ever done? How many roubles have I donated to the admins of libgen.rs? The answer to both questions is zero. Meanwhile the site remained fully operational, more operational than any other fork of libgen, and they publish megatorrents of their collection regularly too by the way. This bookwarrior person needs to do everyone a service and terminate his project if he's so scared of fragmenting the community.

Also, at this moment in time, there is nothing wrong with z-lib either. Z-lib team have done a wonderful job of producing a modern website on top of libgen with many, many free services; among other things they have a telegram bot, something that other libgen forks don't have. Yes, they paywall some things, but they don't try to hide it - when you register on zlib, literally the first thing that you see is the indicator of your daily download limit. If you don't like a site, don't upload or donate to a site.

I skimmed through the entirety of OP and I still don't understand what he's bitching about in the linked posts. Is he just very unhappy that someone STOLE his public project? No one can be this stupid, I'm convinced now that this is all just a regular attempt to fraud people out of their money by telling them sob stories, neither first nor last scam of this kind.
    That's not the point. The project has an open license but this was jointly owned. Do you understand? All of them owned the project, and everything related to it: domains, servers, etc. It wouldn't be a problem if they would have forked the project, but they took it as-is, as if there were no one else. Forking is one, stealing is another. Besides, you did not mention the donations. You're saying, owning something with others, and pocketing the donations makes it OK? If so, I'll try it on my next run.

The truth about LibraryGenesis: it's great! And I would like to take a moment to expose the greatness of Z-Library, too...
    It is, but a little history about it won't kill you.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 05.09.22 at 12:11.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (09.09.22) , Howtolean (06.09.22)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (15.04.23)

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Nice. I like it!

LE:
    Here's my contribution.
    A list on how to find DOI for papers:

Code:
    | Service                                     | Content |
    | ------------------------------------------- | ------- |
    | https://www.sciencedirect.com/              | science |
    | https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/home.jsp | science |
    | http://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/             | medical |
    | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/               | medical |
    | https://www.researchgate.net/               | science |
    | https://www.nature.com/                     | medical |
    Last edited by Master Razor; 15.04.23 at 15:58.
    Thanks

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Who are basically you? 😅 another bypasser telling how to run someone's project and a bitching coach? I get your point: stealing under other's names is ok as long as bypassers benefit, but strengthening the project is not ok.

Why wouldn't you lift your own butt and create anything comparable without stealing it?
    No? I thought so, thanks for the confirming silence 😂

PS, it has crossed my mind that you are from mhut desperately backing up your sh$t, it's kind of quite transparent 😁

+ Reply to Thread