Thread: Cheating History

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13

Cheating History

I need to contact the staff about an issue. I was wondering if a staff member can see that I've been cheating when the anti-cheating scripts couldn't detect it. Is there any record of my cheating, or do I look like any other fair-playing user on the tracker?
    Last edited by blubbo; 14.03.12 at 05:19.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss6
    if an admin see you are cheating he bans you straight away. so if you didn't get banned on any tracker before, nobody knows you are a cheater
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    Quote Originally Posted by MHFC1913 View Post
    so if you didn't get banned on any tracker before, nobody knows you are a cheater
    Yes but I need to contact staff which will attract attention to myself. If there is a difference between a cheater's records and and a normal user's records then it is very likely that I will get banned by contacting staff
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss6
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Yes but I need to contact staff which will attract attention to myself. If there is a difference between a cheater's records and and a normal user's records then it is very likely that I will get banned by contacting staff
    if an admin checks your details carefully, then yes, he will proably able to understand you are a cheater. it depends on how much did you cheat, what speeds etc...
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

blubbo (14.03.12)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

I need to contact the staff about an issue. I was wondering if a staff member can see that I've been cheating when the anti-cheating scripts couldn't detect it. ....,
    Your joking right??
    You a-c-t-u-a-l-l-y want to ask a staff member if they have noticed you cheating even though their anti-cheat scripts didn't??

Why don't you just cut your own head of with a chain saw?? Start the chainsaw. Apply to neck and watch notice what happens. Listen. Let me give you some advice on what the Pope once said: A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

or do I look like any other fair-playing user on the tracker?

Specifically IPT, bitgamer, waffles and what.cd
    You might. But once they find out, after you have asked them if they have noticed you cheating when their own scripts have not, say 'bye-bye' to your accounts. They are your accounts. Do what you want with them. But if you don't want to have global bans occur on subsequent trackers as a result of your initial communication with one site in letting them know that you have cheated, of which their anti-cheat scripts haven't detected you, they'll take a microscope at you.

And because of your admittance on cheating (they will assume you have since you asked them if they themselves have since the scripts haven't) you may at your own leisure say goodbye to your accounts. And very potentially because of that initial communication and due to the fact that tracker staff have communication with one another, you can happily look forward to multiple bans on other sites. Most particular on the ones you have listed above.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss434
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    Your joking right??
    You a-c-t-u-a-l-l-y want to ask a staff member if they have noticed you cheating even though their anti-cheat scripts didn't??
    i think you´re wrong. to my opinion: he wants to contact the staff due to anouther issue. he don´t want to tell them, that they aren´t recognizing that he cheats.

imho
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39482
    I need to contact the staff about an issue. I was wondering if a staff member can see that I've been cheating when the anti-cheating scripts couldn't detect it. Is there any record of my cheating, or do I look like any other fair-playing user on the tracker?
    If you've done things correctly, they won't notice anything.

There is however only one way to know.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

blubbo (14.03.12)

Your joking right??
    That's not what he said at all, and I can't imagine how you came to that conclusion. That was a serious overreaction on your part.

poppy has a problem and needs to contact an admin. He's been cheating on the tracker(s), and is afraid that the admin he contacts might be prompted to look into his account and any related statistics. He's concerned that they may be able to tell that he's been cheating and will ban him.

That's all.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (15.03.12)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    The way I read his post is that he's been cheating using his stated fake upload amount. He's never been caught, banned, and so forth. I interpreted his post in which he needs to contact a staff member and ask them if they determined that he's been cheating (Which if true I think is kind of silly. Who would do that??). Even though the tracker's scripts have not detected him doing so. He stated that he needed to contact an admin but didn't state over what (which is actually a good thing to do since were on a public discussion board). I interpreted that he wanted to contact a staff member at a site over whether or not they (staff) could tell that he's been cheating. If otherwise, sorry. Didn't mean to upset you as much as I read in your post. Anyways. Let's carry on shall we. I would hate that there be bad blood between the 2 of us.
    Last edited by SealLion; 14.03.12 at 02:05.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    The way I read his post is that he's been cheating using his stated fake upload amount. He's never been caught, banned, and so forth. I interpreted his post in which he needs to contact a staff member and ask them if they determined that he's been cheating (Which if true I think is kind of silly. Who would do that??). Even though the tracker's scripts have not detected him doing so. He stated that he needed to contact an admin but didn't state over what (which is actually a good thing to do since were on a public discussion board). I interpreted that he wanted to contact a staff member at a site over whether or not they (staff) could tell that he's been cheating. If otherwise, sorry. Didn't mean to upset you as much as I read in your post. Anyways. Let's carry on shall we. I would hate that there be bad blood between the 2 of us.
    I need to contact staff about a separate issue and I'm scared that by contacting them, they will check my account and find that I am a cheater.

Also, how do staff go about finding cheater? Do they look at announce history or something? Is there anything else they look for? (I keep my ratio under 2.0)
    Last edited by blubbo; 14.03.12 at 04:25.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Ok. I get you now.

Well I might think you might have to ask yourself on how serious the issue is on what you want to contact the staff on. Is it really that important that you need the help of a site staff member?? If not, does your situation really warrant the attention of a staff member. If yes, what staff member is best to contact?? Have a look at the staff listings. Look at the forums and find some of their posts and see how they have answered questions, made comments, and so forth. Such information gives you clues on that person's online/forum behaviors. This can clue you into how he/she will respond to your query and potentially even the level of scrutiny towards you. Having that kind of information is big because it allows you to actually pick and choose who might be best to contact via PM or you can see who is on IRC and at what time too. (Staff are on IRC at different times too. They are not all on IRC at the same time. They have to sleep too. So they take turns) Anyways, you need this information. So take your time before you actually communicate with any staff person. Give yourself a few days to do this if you don't have a time-constraining issue. Secondly, consider the wording of your conversation with the staff. Wording is important because it can give guide someone to believe that you have fears if not done right. That is, your communication behaviors might display a pretense. If your wording, whether it is in an IRC channel or via PM, is sounded out (so to speak) to the staff they can catch on. In IRC you need to be aware of the how you answer. If, for example you present time consuming behaviors (taking your time to answer), rather than quickness in answering, you could inadvertently be displaying suspicious behaviors while (and according to your fears expressed, checking your account stats which might subsequently present you as a dishonest user of the site----i.e. cheater. You have to be honest with yourself in this too.) Hence, be prepared with some answers to potential questions. Consider what sort of questions will they ask you and what level of questions will you be posed with. Look, I don't really like helping someone to lie but I will say this. Your answers should be as close to the truth as possible. Hopefully that last sentence of mine has some bearing and actual significance to your situation. What ever it be. The other thing is you need to be chill in your answering (hopefully you understand my meaning in chill). If this is not a time-constrained issue, then you do need to do a little research in the forums. Give yourself an hour or so within the forums to catch up on how some of your potential staff contacts respond or make comments or the intensity of questions posed within the forums. And finally because the person that your IRC'ing with or PM'ing can't actually see you, you have an advantage in that. They can't see how nervous you might be in contacting them or in communicating with them. They don't see your chest heaving while your breathing hard and heavy and your eyes almost leaving their sockets. Lastly, I hoped that helped a bit and was tied in to what you were looking for with respect to how to approach your situation. Remember, your answers should be as close to the truth as possible. Very important. People take lies personally.

And on to your other question on how and what tracker staff look for in identifying a cheater. Part of the answer is the realistic comparison of upload to download in conjunction with the number of peers who downloaded partial files or whole files.
    Last edited by SealLion; 14.03.12 at 05:14.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

anon (14.03.12) , blubbo (14.03.12)

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    Ok. I get you now.
    Ok, thanks for the tips :)

And on to your other question on how and what tracker staff look for in identifying a cheater. Part of the answer is the realistic comparison of upload to download in conjunction with the number of peers who downloaded partial files or whole files.
    Is this why we don't cheat on packs?
    Last edited by blubbo; 14.03.12 at 05:21.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39482
    Also, how do staff go about finding cheater? Do they look at announce history or something?
    Rather than working on assumptions and "it could be this or that", I'll give you my honest answer: we can't really know unless we're staff. Just assume that everything is logged (What.cd-style) and work from there.

Just stay cool, and what SL says about knowing how the person you'll be talking to behaves is an excellent idea.

Is this why we don't cheat on packs?
    In short, yes. Packs are poison for realistic cheating. Not saying they equal automatic bans... but if they catch you "uploading" data when there are no real leechers, then you're on your own.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

blubbo (04.04.12)

It really depends on what that issue is.

If it requires the staff member to look at your account in-depth, then you can assume they'll have all your records. Whether or not they'll check it and put two and two together, I can't really say.
    If it doesn't require a staff member to look at it in-depth, then I would say your'e safe.

I've contacted many staff members before, tbh, there are just way too many users to even bother checking. I wouldn't think staff would just pull 1 guy from the pack and check his records, that is why there are automated scripts for that.
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

blubbo (04.04.12)

Didn't mean to upset you as much as I read in your post. | I would hate that there be bad blood between the 2 of us.
    Bad blood? Upset? Dude. Seriously? I do get pissed off and hold grudges, but only over things that are actually important. This? Not one of those things.

The primary reason I reacted that way is that, from what I've seen of your post history from reading the forums as a lurker for the past few years, you have a tendency to go off on a multiple paragraph rant seemingly without being sure what it is you're replying to/about. Maybe it's because English isn't your first language (which is obvious) or perhaps it's just your nature to act first and ask questions later - I can't say. Regardless, posting giant walls of text based on what you "think" was meant by the person to whom you're replying isn't something usually looked upon favorably.

One example in particular still sticks out in my mind - anon had posted one of his uTorrent mod packs, and had been explaining, I believe, data overhead to someone who'd asked why there was still a miniscule amount of data transfer even though no torrents were running. You, true to form, went on an insane tangent about data being overtly and covertly sent to trackers because of something anon did to those mods. That you stopped short of accusing anon of being a double agent for trackers legitimately surprised me. Again, you're not a native English speaker, so my interpretation of what you meant might be muddled by your use of my native tongue. Either way, that post is no longer with us as it mysteriously vanished, never to be seen again. Had it not been removed, I was going to register then, just to ask what the hell kind of drugs made you that paranoid.

Note that I'm not trying to be a prick, and I'm not trying to shit all over you. I'm just calling things as I see them in an effort to explain my response. Should you choose to take offense, that's your right. I wasn't attempting to be offensive, but totally get why it could be taken that way.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread