Thread: Free Mass Effect 3 Copies Strapped To Weather Balloons

P2P Client
    µTorrent unStable
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241

Free Mass Effect 3 Copies Strapped To Weather Balloons

BioWare has cooked up an interesting scheme to promote Mass Effect 3's upcoming launch. They're going to load up six weather balloons with free copies and set them loose across the world.

USA Today says that the balloons will be released in New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Berlin, London and Paris. Each balloon will have a GPS tracker device onboard. Fans will be able to track the balloon on MassEffect.com and see where it finally lands.

Once a balloon touches down, gamers will race over to the landing spot and grab the free copy. Or some dairy farmer will find it out in a field and throws it away. Or it will land in the ocean. Or the balloon will climb too high, disintegrate, and the the plummeting box will leave a rectangular dent in someone's car. No matter what happens, the important thing is that the stunt generates some buzz for the game and keeps everyone glued to the official website. And really, isn't that the most important thing?

While this whole stunt could really fizzle, it's a pretty neat idea. It's a chance to play the full version of ME3, which we can all agree is a good thing. Best of luck to everyone who will be driving around West Bumblefuck next week trying to find these balloons.

ME3 launches on March 6th in North America and on the 9th in Europe. A demo is currently live on all platforms.

Mass Effect
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    West Bumblefuck
    wat
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by techsupport View Post
    West Bumblefuck
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    wat
    I laughed too. I didn't understand it that much either but if your able to navigate to Urban Dictionary and
    read definition #1 at the top at the Urban dictionary site for that phrase and it makes a bit more sense.
    Last edited by SealLion; 17.02.12 at 20:33.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

ParamouR (18.02.12) , anon (17.02.12)

+ Reply to Thread