Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss5
    To be honest I really don't know, but I know most of the cinemas here have been upgraded quite recently to digital.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    Does your theaters support 48 frames per second? Here they don't so movie won't look so good as people say it does in original frames!
    Do you mean me?? If so, I don't know. It's possible because I didn't really notice the film not, not having a crisp and clear picture. How is the quality in your neck of the woods??

I haven't read the book for a few years. I remember when I first got it, I was enthralled. I loved the details written inside the book. The same goes for the LOTR trilogy itself. After having seen those films, I noticed that quite a bit was missing out of the film. For example, in book one, there wasn't any showing of Tom Bombadil and his wife. That was really disappointing. Truly that was. When I first bought the book, I read that first book over and over (4 times to be exact. As I said earlier, I was enthralled by it's detailed and very talented story line). Nor was there even any mention of him during the Council of Elrond. Also, in the first book of LOTR, as the hobbits were leaving The Shire, I recall reading that a fox had seen them leave and the animal thought to itself that it was unusual for it to have seen hobbits so far away from their homeland. You see what I mean with respect to details and the inclusion of talent??

Though of course, this was all due to time limitations that the films couldn't entertain from the book's passages. Too bad I feel b/c Tom Bombadil had a lot to add to the start of the story.

With this film, no doubt there is going to be some parts of the book missing from the film, though hopefully not much.
    Last edited by SealLion; 16.12.12 at 15:52.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss5
    After a quick search, I think there may be quite a few UK cinemas that are 48 fps HFR ready.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1622
    Ohh i have to say I'm fan of The Lord Of The Rings movies,and this trailer looks with a lot of action,humor and with some original actors like Gandalf and even is directed by Peter Jackson if I am not mistaken,mmmhh if this movie is as half good as the LOTR trilogy I guess is a must to watch in my opinion.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12