+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prometheus

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    Yes I saw all of them! My favorite is the second one. I love it!
    +1

how can you then not get goosebumps while watching that trailer?
    Your account has been disabled.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1308

Conceived and designed by Ridley Scott and Damon Lindelof and directed by Luke Scott, this piece was created for TED. It is not a scene from the movie. The piece provides a look into what may lay ahead, as well as important backstory into the mythology explored in Prometheus.
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (18.03.12) , Snitlev (18.03.12) , slikrapid (05.03.12) , Instab (02.03.12)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    that trailer is pure goosebumps for all alien fans
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    @trailer:

without hurting himself whatsoever? he would be hurting his skin just like anyone else, unless ofc he was using some other tricks like special colorless substances for the fingers, fire-retardants, etc.

the trick is not minding it hurts? more correctly: its about not allowing to be influenced/controlled by bodily reactions (in this case: the sudden urge to move the hand due to excessive heat), the so-called 'mind over matter', however to really test that one, something a bit stronger than a match would be needed, no?

steal fire? you can't 'steal' fire, you can cause/'create' it, 'invent'/discover it, 'harness'/use it, etc. - the story isn't primarily about fire anyways, its about 'stealing' from deities, despising them for their power, envying them and desiring the same - thats basically what these fanatical characters are searching for: a way to achieve superhuman power and then use it as they please (usually to dominate over others and play games with their lives), calling it 'scientific research for all kinds of benevolently sounding improvements', justifying it with evolution or similar hollow theories, hence the current race for technological advancement, which ofc will eventually lead to their own destruction, as such endeavors have no essential values, they are yet another empty/hollow prize to race/fight for, to motivate millions of others to follow suit, to follow the (seemingly or not) deluded leaders

fire, a piece of technology? lol

year of our lord? i wonder which one would that be or how does it combine with all those greek ones

create cybernetic individuals? roflmao - the correct term might be: cybernetic automatons

indistinguishable from us? you mean indistinguishable to our limited bodily senses bottom line: technology cannot create a person, it can only mimic its behavior, use the appearance to mask/hide/cover the essence

we are the gods now? lets just conclude that you don't become a god by mimicking gods, just like a robot doesn't become a human by doing the same a human would or by having biological tissue implants (not to mention how it might be a bit difficult to explain/define/know what exactly a god is or does anyways), that would be simple role-playing (superficial, obscuring the essential)

peter weyland? notice his surname, which suspiciously resembles that of: wayland, confusing things a bit more:

Quote Originally Posted by wiki: Wayland the Smith
    In Germanic and Norse mythology...is a legendary master blacksmith.
    i'd like to change the world? duh...it changes constantly, with or without such hilarious speeches

Quote Originally Posted by Instab
    that trailer is pure goosebumps for all alien fans
    umm, not at all
    it was decent (acting-wise), though clueless (contents-wise), far from the alien quadrilogy (atmosphere-wise, entertainment-wise) and without that surname hardly anyone would connect this to the 'alien universe'

btw, the repetitive usage of the name 'bishop' throughout the alien sequels was likely meant as: the authoritative preacher of the current/upcoming age (of technology)
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

shawshankraj (06.03.12)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    umm, not at all
    it was decent (acting-wise), though clüless (contents-wise), far from the alien quadrilogy (atmosphere-wise, entertainment-wise) and without that surname hardly anyone would connect this to the 'alien universe'
    it is because of the last few seconds. it's a great addition to the alien movies' related history therefore it's of course not in the same style as the movies themselves
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

shawshankraj (18.03.12) , SealLion (18.03.12) , Snitlev (18.03.12)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    i can't remember when a movie made me that hot
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

shawshankraj (18.03.12) , Instab (18.03.12)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1308
    awesome specially soundtrack...
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Quote Originally Posted by shawshankraj View Post
    awesome specially soundtrack...
    Sorry to disappoint you buddy but this isn't movie soundtrack, it's music for trailer use only!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1308
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (18.04.12) , Instab (18.04.12)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (01.05.12)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I just watched this movie this weekend and I was quite disappointed with Ridley Scott's film because the hype that accompanies so many of the film industry's summer flicks did entice me to go and watch it. In the end, if not already during the start and middle of the show's screening, I already was disappointed. You see a couple of scientists that rush in and instead of proceeding slowly and examining scientifically some of their physical finds, they just rush in and come to conclusions without any supportive evidence.

I also didn't like the acting. Very poor indeed. Most especially Noomi Rapace, one of the archeologists. This goes for the 2 guys who died in the 'alien pod' room. I was actually glad to see drop from the story itself. Can't recall the actors names and considering my opinion of the film's poverty in quality, I guess it doesn't matter.

The storyline and plot was pretty much what the reviews said it would be of but it was totally out to lunch. Didn't agree with it; however, personal views are not relevant I guess.
    The film.

I did however like the special effects. They were good.
    The music that accompanied the film was not too bad and for sure the classical music that came with the film's ending was....I don't know what to think of. It was definitely different for sure. Did not expect that.

The ending of the film was definitely a surprise. That is with the birth of the alien creature synonymous with the Aliens film chronology. It was a different take on it. However, not everything of the film's ending was that great. Basically, Elizabeth Shaw flies off in a spaceship to her death considering that the aliens are out to destroy planet Earth anyways.

IMHO, not worth the money I spent. It made me actually think I should have downloaded it; however, since I'm on public wifi for the next little while it's not always possible.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (11.06.12) , slikrapid (10.06.12) , yoco (10.06.12)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    just to get a better impression, did you like the original alien flicks? and the story around them like weyland yutani and all?
    Thanks

22. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (10.06.12)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    I just recently found out that this movie isn't a prequel to first one as they said it would be, but just another alien movie. So after that I kind of didn't really care, even if Scott directed it.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast