+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Good Firefox Addons

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by Renk View Post
    But Opera is more closed source than ever. Its supposedly "VPN" is in fact only a proxy, leaking true IP in many circumstances. And if I could trust the first Norwegian devs at the beginning, it's an entire different story since the browser has been sold (more or less) to a shady Chinese firm.
    Opera died when it switched to Chromium's engine as far as I'm concerned. The Qihoo acquisition was just another nail in the coffin And while their usage is not technically correct, nowadays "VPN" is just a buzzword for anything that hides your real IP and encrypts traffic.

Speaking of closed source, the entire code for Opera 12.15, a version that's basically an OpenSSL update away from 12.18, was leaked early this year. 4chan was all over this, to the point of porting the browser to some queer platforms like ARM/Raspberry Pi. Sadly there seems to be little interest in writing patches or any kind of updates.

Concerning FF, on a 2007 32 bits PC with 3gb RAM and a poor CPU, I am able to use FF with 78 addons and approx. 50 tabs with no issues. But I restart the browser at least once per day (sometimes twice!). In a privacy point of view, it is not recommended anyway to engage in everlasting browsing sessions. So having to restart my browser one or two times per day is not a bug, it's a privacy feature that some other browsers are cruelly missing.....
    Hah! This is not a bother as long as you're dealing with cookies, ETags, TLS session tickets and such accordingly. The real advantage from having to reboot Firefox once a day would be regaining all the RAM it leaks. This has been a fact for over a decade, and the main reason I can't use it as an everyday browser Note I haven't tried the Quantum beta yet.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Renk (31.10.17)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Hah! This is not a bother as long as you're dealing with cookies, ETags, TLS session tickets and such accordingly. The real advantage from having to reboot Firefox once a day would be regaining all the RAM it leaks. This has been a fact for over a decade, and the main reason I can't use it as an everyday browser Note I haven't tried the Quantum beta yet.
    I just have performed some tests with my current (customized) FF. On ip-check.info, when restarting, I get a different local storage ID. When testing on Cleaning Software Test site, after restarting only the IndexedDB storage is remaining, the 2 others (cookie and LocalStorage) are gone (although I don't lose my connection, eg on SBI, which is for the moment a little mystery I want to investigate further). I have to specify that in addition to my 78 addons, I completly disable my browser's disk cache.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Well, you probably shouldn't have Local Storage and IndexedDB enabled at all Very few sites really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renk View Post
    (although I don't lose my connection, eg on SBI, which is for the moment a little mystery I want to investigate further)
    Any chances of a "&s=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" parameter present in the pages from this forum you're visiting? That's a session ID and lets us authenticate you even if cookies are deleted or disabled (on POST requests, it gets passed as part of the postdata).
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    Well, you probably shouldn't have Local Storage and IndexedDB enabled at all Very few sites really need it.
    I used having IndexedDB disabled. But on a site I'm often visiting this prevented me to see the comments at the bottom of the articles. I then used an addon (a button) to toggle indexedDB on demand. And anyway all these storage are automatically cleared by Ccleaner (+Enhanced) each times I close my browse. But now, addons like uBlock0 (and uMatrix) are using IndexedDB to store data, at least for FF 56 and more. I have to learn to handle that.

Any chances of a "&s=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" parameter present in the pages from this forum you're visiting? That's a session ID and lets us authenticate you even if cookies are deleted or disabled (on POST requests, it gets passed as part of the postdata).
    Maybe... How do I check that ??
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss49
    anyone know an addon blocker for gif images?, or script? some profiles on pages put gif on avatar, and that make slow the navegation
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Setting image.animation_mode to none in about:config downloads the GIFs, but doesn't animate them. Alternatives are using SimpleBlock, uBlock or a content filter addon of your choice to block *.gif (which kills any image in that format, animated or not, legitimate or not), or seeing if the site in question doesn't have a setting to disable avatars.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

axanon1 (16.01.18)

What do you guys think of Multi-Account Containers https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...nt-containers/
    I wanted something like this for a long time.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    I wanted something like this for a long time.
    Well, there was CookieSwap...
    Thanks

Not working with Quantum.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    I know, but Quantum only became relevant less than a year ago, and you said you'd been looking for a long time
    Thanks

Chrome Store Foxified gives you access to all addons on Chrome and Opera.
    Most of them are working, just a few addons might have some issues but for that you can always read the comments which in most of cases have a solution.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...tore-foxified/
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

anon (29.07.18)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prototype View Post
    Chrome Store Foxified gives you access to all addons on Chrome and Opera.
    That's because Chrome and Opera are now the same thing, and the extension API on Firefox Quantum has been completely reworked so that it's also the same Still, nice find!
    Thanks

That's because Chrome and Opera are now the same thing, and the extension API on Firefox Quantum has been completely reworked so that it's also the same Still, nice find!
    not everything works though :( I was really hoping to get rabb.it working
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

What would be the best popup blocker for firefox? I'm currently using Popup Blcoker Ultimate but was wondering if there's anything better.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 7/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss1
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    What would be the best popup blocker for firefox? I'm currently using Popup Blcoker Ultimate but was wondering if there's anything better.
    Popup Blocker (strict) and Poper Blocker seems to be the best. I'm using Popup Blocker (strict) and it does the job for me.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast