6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977

The Hunter

Release Date: TBA
    Studio: Not Available
    Director: Daniel Nettheimtb
    Screenwriter: Julia Leigh
    Starring: Willem Dafoe, Sam Neill, Frances O'Connor, Morgana Davies, Jacek Koman, Dan Wyllie, Sullivan Stapleton, John Brumpton, Callan Mulvey, Finn Woodlock
    Genre: Thriller
    MPAA Rating: Not Available
    Based on the novel of the same name by Australian author Julia Leigh, "The Hunter" is the story of Martin, a mercenary sent from Europe by an anonymous biotech company to the Tasmanian wilderness on a dramatic hunt for the last Tasmanian tiger.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Snitlev (29.01.12) , Blocker (20.09.11)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Snitlev (29.01.12) , SealLion (29.01.12)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I just finished watching this last night. The movie was not-to-bad I suppose. It had the usual sexual tensions; albeit somewhat mild. The usual conflicts between 2 or more characters and of course the plot. I was thinking at the point of the climax when Dafoe had his gun pointed at the Tiger that he was not going to shoot it. It was a bit ironic I found that he killed the animal, burned it, spread the ashes, phoned his boss and told him off. All in the name of somebody else not getting the goods or money from this animal's by-products. What could this supposedly extinct animal have that some bio-metrics company needs for biochemical warfare purposes?? As if there are not enough animals being tortured, tested on, maimed, or slaughtered in some way to please the greed that some people have. Overall, I saw that the film was not too bad at portraying the analogy of corporate greed. I think that the film's portrayal of one man coming to grips with a larger company's infatous greed for money from a rare (at least in this film's context) though probably more correctly stated, extinct animal presents fairly clearly that a company (any kind of company whether it is pharmaceutical, military, fishing industry, to name some examples) will go after pretty much what ever it finds necessary to get the almighty buck. Even if it means removing from the earth's history a supposedly rare animal (again, in this film's contextual portrayal) to the point of neglecting the idea that people are and can be stewards of this planet, it's animal inhabitants, it's flora and fauna, etc. People are the dominant species on earth and we live in it. So I would opine that we have some kind of responsibility for maintaining it. So Dafoe, in this film does his little bit. Not a bad film overall.
    Last edited by SealLion; 29.01.12 at 21:30.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread