6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3723

Feedback for reworked mod page

Feedback etc.

Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (29.08.11) , Blocker (29.08.11)

I propose that we keep adding the version on the thread title "mRatio 3.9" instead of "mRatio" and remove the automatically add of the version by the mod on the threads list of each forum.

For example when i see the unread posts, it appears "mRatio" 2 times (1 for private and another for public) and it's impossible to know if it's the private or public.
    Another problem that we will face is on future version more "mRatio" threads will appear without we knowing what the version is unless we access the thread.
    It may also confuse people on with version they are replying to.

The fix in my opinion is simple, we keep adding the version on the title (like we used to do) and you remove the line that adds the version to the title automatically or just leave it appearing "mRatio 3.9 3.9".
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Faze Mod 0.2 Private Beta
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3723
    Hm, i think you're right. It would be possible to add the version info to search und forumhome too, but i think your's is the easiest solution.
    That means of course that you have to edit the thread title too if you update the mod, but that should be no problem.

Thanks

If you please could edit the mRatio 3.9 (private) thread title too, i would appreciate, because i don't have permission to change thread titles, thanks.

In future releases we just have to post the thread like we normally do, i think this is easy and practical solution
    Last edited by The248; 04.09.11 at 15:17.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Rebound (04.09.11)

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3723
    ~done

In future releases we just have to post the thread like we normally do, i think this is easy and practical solution
    The only difference is, that we have now one thread for one mod. Or one thread for 3.x, 4.x etc.

Thanks

You mean you want me to edit the two available threads of mRatio and rewrite them to fit the all new versions, instead of creating a new thread each time?
    No problem with it

Also i've found a bug with the "user status", near the username you see if the user if online (green) or offline (gray) also available (not for me, moderators only i'm guessing) is the hidden status (yellow), but thats not working properly.
    When you are "hidden" the yellow status icon should appear always (no matter if the user is online or offline).
    This way there's no way of knowing when the user is online or offline.

However this is not the case, when you are online it appears yellow when you are not it appears gray.
    In this case green or yellow it's the same thing, if it's gray (like it's now) the user is offline, if is not then you are online, green or yellow the difference is only the color.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3723
    Quote Originally Posted by The248 View Post
    You mean you want me to edit the two available threads of mRatio and rewrite them to fit the all new versions, instead of creating a new thread each time?
    No problem with it
    Yes. But i think for new version numbers a new thread would be a good idea. One thread for the 3.x series, one for 4.x etc...

Also i've found a bug with the "user status", near the username you see if the user if online (green) or offline (gray) also available (not for me, moderators only i'm guessing) is the hidden status (yellow), but thats not working properly.
    When you are "hidden" the yellow status icon should appear always (no matter if the user is online or offline).
    This way there's no way of knowing when the user is online or offline.

However this is not the case, when you are online it appears yellow when you are not it appears gray.
    In this case green or yellow it's the same thing, if it's gray (like it's now) the user is offline, if is not then you are online, green or yellow the difference is only the color.
    I know what you mean, but i think it's not a bug it's a feature. If an user with invisible status is online, he has the yellow graphic. If he's off, he has the grey.

Same thing is in i.e. icq. User is everytime shown as offline if he's invisible. If you have access to see the invisible user, you see the invisible symbol.

It's a vbulletin default function, so i don't think that this is buggy, cause it would be fixed then. :)

Thanks

You mean that i see the yellow symbol because i have permission and users without permission see you always as gray?
    If that's the case then it makes total sense.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3723
    Yes, if i remember correctly, i gave the coder group the permission to see invisible user status. :)

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6660
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
    if i remember correctly
    it seems you do, just checked it
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

Rebound (06.09.11)

Is there any way of getting warned on changes to mRatio project?
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/project.php?projectid=1

It doesn't appear on unread posts or any other place, and unless you check for changes theres no warning.

---------- Post added 10.09.11 at 00:05 ---------- Previous post was 09.09.11 at 18:23 ----------

When dealing with a bug, theres a option to inform from which version the issue is fixed.
    How can i input the right version? available: 3.8/3.7.1/3.9/4, but next is going to be 3.9.1
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3723
    Is there any way of getting warned on changes to mRatio project?
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/project.php?projectid=1

It doesn't appear on unread posts or any other place, and unless you check for changes theres no warning.
    For sure. You can subscribe your project: http://www.sb-innovation.de/projectp...on&projectid=1
    When dealing with a bug, theres a option to inform from which version the issue is fixed.
    How can i input the right version? available: 3.8/3.7.1/3.9/4, but next is going to be 3.9.1
    Atm it's only possible for staff to add versions. Short pm to staby or me is enough to add your version which you wish (i've added 3.9.1).

best regards

RB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
    For sure. You can subscribe your project: http://www.sb-innovation.de/projectp...on&projectid=1
    I think few people (including me) go to http://www.sb-innovation.de/usercp.php to see unread posts.

And things on the "Projects" get lost and unanswered by long periods of time.

Check this example: confirmation using delete, Instab let the discussion unanswered and Instab knows here everything is on this forum, now imagine a new user, posts a bug, i reply asking for specific information, and it will take forever to get answered.

It would be awesome to have something more "attention asking" kind of warning, for example the "Projects" label turning red, or something similar, maybe a color depending on theme, orange, blue ...

The forum knows when there's something new on the projects, because when you go there and there is new content you notice it, we just need to make it show on the main forum page some warning without we need to load that page.

Don't know, what you guys think?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3723
    I know what you mean and that's of course a good idea. The main problem is, i'm not the author of the project tools addon and i've no time to add features like that. I've a lot to do and there are other things on sbi which have a higher priority.

Would be my main job web development, this would be no problem, but it isn't. :/

A possibilty would be to add the project tool forums on the mainpage, but i think that's not a good solution. I've sent the Project Tools developers a feature request about that, i let you know if there is something planned like that.

And btw. vBulletin coding sucks.

Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

The248 (17.09.11)

Project Tools - Issue List - vBulletin Open Source - Projects
    Who do i need to kill to have does background colors
    I have no idea how they would look with this forum themes, but there it looks both good looking and helpful to the eye locating new/todo content.

ps: this is a forum change intended to coders, i don't think is a good idea discussing all of this on public forums, just saying ...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6660
    Project Tools - Issü List - vBulletin Open Source - Projects
    Who do i need to kill to have dös background colors
    I have no idea how they would look with this forum themes, but there it looks both good looking and helpful to the eye locating new/todo content.

ps: this is a forum change intended to coders, i don't think is a good idea discussing all of this on public forums, just saying ...
    yes that's a good idea. we'll see what we can do.
    and if you don't wanna talk in public, it's not that you wouldn't have options
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast