Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where can I find this release?

Some images I found, could be useful to collectors.

C9PBHnvWAGExHxl.jpg
    467qngaaaq711.jpg
    EHv2E3DWsAAWcRA.jpg
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    14/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss36190
    When I was in third grade, one of our teachers asked us to bring an advertisement to class so that we could study which language and formatting it used and which message it tried to convey. Of course, this is the one ore-chan picked.

I didn't throw it away when I moved because I knew it would be relevant in the future
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."
    Thanks

Actually, I come to love packaged releases due to their original timestamps and other data (like attributes, permissions, etc.). Having the image itself, like we had, is just a copy.
    Long before filelist.ro existed, all trackers had packaged content, and you we're forced to extract the data before using it. Now few are still using this approach.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    14/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss36190
    For archival purposes, you're right, since an original release can be transformed into an extracted copy but not the other way around. Unfortunately few people care about metadata, and BitTorrent's pieces and hash checking negate any other advantages the use of split RARs may provide or have historically provided.

Pure scene trackers uploaded them as-is because it's easier and faster to push a directory to mktorrent without any pre-processing (it's all about the pretimes!), but as a downloader, extracted files are most convenient and welcome. Even if you know about WinMount, piping 7z's output to mplayer or RAR File Source, simply double clicking is always easier and faster

In any case, I have the untouched DEVILS0WN release, so if that torrent dies just let me know.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."
    Thanks

anon, do you know of any other releases similar to this one? Microsoft-only items, but similar as in: first released ever made public, and possibly with a story, like this one?
    Last edited by Master Razor; 09.05.20 at 18:34.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    14/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss36190
    Well, I don't know. Some MS-DOS source code was leaked. Same with Windows NT 4 and 2000, both of which caused major reactions back in the day. 2000 was just a partial leak, but NT included nearly everything, enough to build an open-source fork called OpenNT. That project was later abandoned because of high difficulty and lack of interest, but got far enough to the point of having a working system, and NTVDMx64 was ported from it.

I will make an updated Full HD 4K 5.1 Surround Sound remaster of the XP advertisement as soon as I'm able to
    Thanks

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    14/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss36190
    New Windows versions were so exciting back in the day 95 release day above, 8 below.

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    14/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss36190
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Well, I don't know. Some MS-DOS source code was leaked. Same with Windows NT 4 and 2000, both of which caused major reactions back in the day.
    Add NT 3.5 to the list. Full source leaked a few days ago, as a B side to a large amount of material for the original Xbox.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/21/2...le-windows-3-5
    Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123