0/5 ssssss158

Hitman Pro 3.5 Giveaway

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hp35.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	11141

Hitman Pro 3.5
    This software can help you find and remove new unknown threats.
    Hitman Pro does not need to install any third party sofware. It is a stand alone program which looks for unknown and suspicious files, giving each of them a score using a patent pending technique. Unknown and suspicious files are automatically identified by online identification servers. This means no software on your system.
    Hitman Pro does not scan your system alphabetically, it scans disk objects in physical order on your disk. This also significantly lowers the stress on your hardware. Furthermore, a lot of analysis tasks are performed concurrently by deploying tasks multi-threaded. And if you own a multi-core processor, this software can efficiently use the extra cores in order to increase enumeration speed even more.
    Hitman Pro doesn’t need to scan every file on your system. Why not? We have profiled standard systems so it knows which files are good. Also, Hitman actually focuses on finding objects that don’t behave like good software. Software that does not follow trustworthy guidelines will automatically receive a higher score than software that is uninstallable by the user, identifyable, digitally signed, unencrypted, uncompressed, visible and accessible.
    The engine also tries to find out where the software came from, how it got on your system and what other people say about it on the internet. That probably sounds common sense or seem impossible to some of you but we are certain you will be astonished on how well the scoring system works.
    To remove malicious software the developers have also built a special removal engine that is capable of removing the toughest threats. A native NT application is capable of removing resilient threats before Windows starts. And of course, including corresponding references like registry keys and shortcuts. All without the need of updates and signatures.
    Limitations:
    · Unlimited free scanning and free 30-day version to remove detected malware
    Hitman Pro 3 - SurfRight

1 genuine license available (1yr/1PC)

Rules:
    1. Post a simple comment clearly stating that you want the license.
    2. At least 50 posts or 1 green bar
    3. Giveaway will end on July 5, 2011.
    Winners selection via random.org
    Last edited by eMuLeecheR; 28.06.11 at 00:19.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

ParamouR (08.05.12) , seldom (07.07.11) , SealLion (28.06.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    The only thing that I noticed when going to the weblink is that it is supposed to leave behind data files which does add up to 'junk-files' left behind on your machine. Apparently, it doesn't protect against scare-ware....what-ever that's supposed to be. First time I've ever heard of scare-ware. The good thing about this as I see it so far is that it has to work in conjunction with your current AV. I hate having anti-viral/bug scans come up every time I download something. Kind of a pain in the butt and hence because this needs to be run in conjunction with your AV, that's a good thing in my mind.
    It might be strong against rootkits but so are other programs like Icesword that I've on my machine and just taking a quote from a link I went to at one point earlier:

The creators of the Hacker Defender rootkit, one of the most widely used tools among the bad guys out there, made it their goal to defeat IceSword. So far, they've failed.
    But that's just according to that website.
    Icesword, of course if free. Actually, before I go any further Icesword just scans against rootkits. I can provide the weblink if asked for.

But you know, I wouldn't mind checking this thing out. How did you get a free license if you don't mind me asking as the weblink does offer a free license but only for 30 days. It doesn't seem to add up that your post lists for 1 year and the weblink states for 30 days.
    Last edited by SealLion; 28.06.11 at 01:52.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

eMuLeecheR (29.06.11)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss296
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    Apparently, it doesn't protect against scare-ware....what-ever that's supposed to be. First time I've ever heard of scare-ware.
    scare ware is the name given to malware which 'scares' the user into downloading software which is then used for phising etc - think of those windows that pop up and tell you that you have 10 million virii on your c: drive - they tell you that you can clean your system by installing 'super antivirus 2000' or whatever - if the user does do this however, the ware they download is highly malicious and embeds itself into the os, bypassing and disabling any currently installed security software before disabling critical system services. the only way to 'fix' your computer is usually then to buy the full version of the 'antivirus' software. when users pay for these programs though, they are not buying anything - the software remains the same and their card details are harvested for naughty usage.

it's not like the old days...
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

eMuLeecheR (29.06.11) , SealLion (29.06.11)

P2P Client
    eMule, Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss158

Lightbulb

Thanks for participating in the Giveaway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hpr.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	11206

Winner is : takomania

License PM to you please check your inbox.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

takomania (05.07.11)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss296
    wow - thanks eMuLeecheR!

BUT...

i wasn't actually entering the draw! i was simply responding to SealLion's query!

as SealLion did say:
    I wouldn't mind checking this thing out
    i'll forward him the license info that you sent me i hope this is ok with you, eMuLeecher!

many thanks, and i hope you enjoy testing, SealLion!

Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

eMuLeecheR (06.07.11) , SealLion (06.07.11)

+ Reply to Thread