+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you justify piracy?

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss157
    Torrent downloading piracy is stealing from rich and sharing with poor, just like Robin Hood =)
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gu5t3r View Post
    Torrent downloading piracy is stealing from rich and sharing with poor, just like Robin Hood =)
    Or poor sharing with other poor.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rutorrent 0.9.2/0.13.2
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss37
    I justify the use of pirated material only for personal use. IMO: The content makers and distributors make it available free of cost to increase the publicity and thus boost the ratings! Also this makes people addicted to the stuff and when the restrictions will get tighter there will be no other way for people except to buy the stuff!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss157
    Piracy will die only when prices will be affordable. No laws or enforcement can change that. Companies think that every man who downloaded something illegal would buy that if he would not be able to download it. Yes alright, I will buy a game and won't eat nothing for a month, NOT! They think they will enforce people to buy at unreasonable prices with shit like ACTA. They can't force you to. They scare you with stuff like "women got 2 years of jail for downloading mp3s". Which jail can accept thousands of people that downloads mp3s? Yes, take me to jail, because I do not have money for penalties, give me a free lunch, I only have one wish to separate jail blocks by music genres.

There is solution, they could sell the stuff at 1/3 of the current price. More people would buy it but their profit will be the same. That is the problem, they just want to squeeze more money from us. Every year I fell more like in the movie "In Time".

If laws or enforcement gets stronger there will always be private sites & communities which will be hard to get in that will share among themself. Piracy won't die, you just will not talk about it.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123