+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Nexus 4G [Mind = Blown]

Google Nexus 4G [Mind = Blown]

Exclusive: Google Nexus 4G detailed - 720p display, 4G LTE, Android 4.0

-------------

Google is two devices deep in a quest to deliver its vision of what a mobile device should be, while pushing the envelope forward as far as specifications and collaboration is concerned. BGR has exclusively learned that Google’s next Nexus device, possibly called the Nexus 4G, is going to be an absolute beast. We have been told that the Google Nexus 4G will feature a next-generation dual-core 1.2GHz or 1.5GHz CPU, and contrary to reports about it featuring an NVIDIA Kal-El processor, our source indicates it’s most likely an OMAP 4460 or a, ultra low-power 28nm Krait-based Snapdragon. The display is said to be a 720p HD “monster-sized” screen, and it won’t feature physical Android menu buttons below the screen anymore — everything will be software-based.

Additionally, we can expect a 4G LTE radio, 1GB of RAM, 1080p HD video capture and playback, a 1-megapixel front-facing camera, and a 5-megapixel rear camera. The 5-megapixel camera, however, is said to be an advanced 5-megapixel sensor delivering class-leading image quality in addition to superior low-light performance. The Google Nexus 4G will run Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and hold everything together in an ultra-thin package. We were told that Google is aiming to make the phone available around Thanksgiving, and our source couldn’t confirm a carrier, leading us to believe this might be one of the first AT&T 4G LTE smartphones. It’s also possible that this device will just be the flagship/reference Ice Cream Sandwich device — just like the Motorola DROID and Motorola XOOM were for Android 2.0 and Android 3.0, respectively — and not a Google Nexus-branded product, so we’ll have to wait and see. In either case, this sounds like an incredible phone regardless of what label is under the dress.

---------------

You might need to sell your left hand to get this phone.I assure you its going to insanely expensive.

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

GymTanAndLaundry (19.06.11) , Blocker (19.06.11) , C3PO (18.06.11) , Mihai (18.06.11) , yoco (18.06.11)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Looks pretty awesome, but I'll never get it! :(
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    2/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss837
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    Looks pretty awesome, but I'll never get it! :(
    Poor thing, whys that?
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Simple. I won't see it here on "our" selling shelfs after the official release for some time!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    WaffleCheat v1.95 build 19928
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    Maybe money is the reason for that

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    Simple. I won't see it here on "our" selling shelfs after the official release for some time!
    Just make an order for it on the official website
    What does a scene tracker tell to a general tracker?
    You're so 5 minutes ago...

Thanks

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590
    No buttons. Most likely the SAR will be high on this phone.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SBI Toxic
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss266
    Crazy specs! It is almost like a full fledged PC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by desodorante View Post
    You might want to know that 1.5Ghz on a mobile cpu like this one is not the same as 1.5Ghz on a cpu in your desktop. Not even by a long shot.
    While it is true that this phone (as well as the other dual cores phones at this time) are quite "beastly", they are still no match for a desktop. Far from it.

As a side note to show this is not bullshit, the ghz on an AMD and an Intel differ as well and these are both desktop cpu's. AMD has always had a lower ghz than intel yet had about the same power.

Kinda hard to wrap your head around, but true.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gapo View Post
    No buttons. Most likely the SAR will be high on this phone.
    Can you elaborate on this please?

Quote Originally Posted by desodorante View Post
    Can you believe that the processor inside your cell phone is many times more powerful than the computers NASA used to send Apollo 11 to the moon in 1969?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Can you believe that the processor inside your cell phone is many times more powerful than the computers NASA used to send Apollo 11 to the moon in 1969?
    Yes, I can. It's not that hard to believe, even, seeing as that was 42 years ago. At those times, people believed that by now commoners would be making daily trips to the moon, have self-driven hover cars and what not. If anything, we're behind and should be far more futuristic!

If you think about it, the computer you buy today if many times more powerful than any computer you would've bought 5 years ago.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 19.06.11 at 14:48.
    Thanks

I am thinking of buying a phone in a week or so.Will Android 4 also run on older devices ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    I am thinking of buying a phone in a week or so.Will Android 4 also run on older devices ?
    Not sure, but if I had to make a guess I would say probably not. Or at least completely different than what they intended it to do.
    I think this because of the complete removal of the hardware buttons.

My advice to anyone thinking of buying a smartphone right now: Wait a few more months. At the end of the year both iOS 5 and Android 4 will be released. In my opinion, these releases are really too close to go out now and get a new phone. Especially in the case of Android, where the hardware will change significantly.

Long story short, it will probably (albeit partially) work, but you'll regret not waiting for the newer devices that natively support it.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 19.06.11 at 19:19.
    Thanks

I just want a Nexus S 4G . That phone doesn't have hardware buttons.
    Thanks

No .

Is there an unlocked version of this cell available in your country?
    Last edited by Resurrection; 20.06.11 at 07:58.
    Thanks

I'm somewhat surprised to see this phone is being sold already (or am i misreading?) because as far as I know, Ice Cream Sandwich will only be released at the end of the year and you need those hardware buttons on older android version if I'm not mistaking
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast