Thread: How to temporary lock Windows?

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590

Question How to temporary lock Windows?

I know of the WinLock (Windows + L) and screensaver password protection locks. However, I am looking for a software that locks the computer temporarily at time X til time Y. During that extent of time, it should not be possible to use the computer.
    For instance, the monitor is turned all black or turned off, with no possibility to restore it until time Y. That is not all, it should be possible to have uTorrent or any other app that uses the Internet, to run in the background.

If the computer is turned off forcefully, through a coldboot, the lock should still be in effect.

Any suggestions? I have not been able to find such a program.

Found this interesting software http://www.montpellier-informatique....r/en/index.php, but still looking.
    Last edited by Gapo; 25.05.11 at 23:53.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss1
    google the command "at" for the command prompt...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    10/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39469
    Quote Originally Posted by 187 View Post
    google the command "at" for the command prompt...
    I don't think you read her post.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Safe AutoLogon enables automatic logon to your computer with 256-bit AES encryption protection. While Windows already provides an automatic logon option, you password is not stored securely and can be easily recovered with freely available tools. Safe AutoLogon will make your auto-logon more secure by encrypting it and storing it outside the Windows Local Security Authority storage. The program also offers the option to automatically lock your desktop after logon, allowing you to start your computer with your login to run background services while preventing unauthorized access to your desktop. Safe AutoLogon can also be centrally managed via a password server product that is available for purchase.
    I had this thing on my computer at one point. I still have the installer on my computer for future use. I don't believe that I installed this proggy; however, I do recall installing Desktop Lock Business Edition 7.2.2 which I did like b/c it had a
    virtual customization to it. Here's a quick run-down of this particular program:

Desktop Lock is a computer security protection and access control software product, you can use it to lock computer to prevent people from accessing your private documents and resources. When the computer is locked by Desktop Lock, none can access your documents, browse your computer, or use programs on your computer.

You can lock your computer by one click, or let Desktop Lock to automatically lock your system at any time or when system becomes idle. You can customize the appearances of the locked desktop with the options provided by Desktop Lock. Desktop Lock also supports hotkey to lock the system.
    Now the latter program I did have installed on my computer and I quite liked it. I felt that was substantially more secure than what else is offered on the market. There is of/c the non-business edition which probably doesn't have any of the customizations available in comparisons to the business edition. Most especially the virtual screen. I'd suggest the business edition, which is what I have tucked away on my external HDD for potential future use again.

Again, here's a small morsel of what 's offered with respect to the business edition:

What is the different between Desktop Lock and its Business Edition?

A: Desktop Lock Business Edition provides all the features in the common edition, and it also provides several additional features. The lock mode "Lock keyboard and mouse only, don't freeze screen" will only work in Business Edition. And the "Virtual Screen" will only be a DEMO version in common version, ........

This in addition to:

Limit users to use only the program you specified
    Neat, huh??

That is about as close to what your looking for, I believe, Gapo. I do have this particular program along with the crack to it. If you have trouble finding a serial or crack to the latter program, give me a buzz and I'll upload it for you.

Klik de link:

If this doesn't fit your needs, sorry. I tried to come as close to what your looking for.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Gapo (27.05.11) , Instab (27.05.11)

+ Reply to Thread