+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easter Eggs - Something interesting

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss75

Easter Eggs - Something interesting

Hey guys i'm here for a geek moment LOL
    i received an email with has a subject MOZILLA FROM HELL... and all started...

One thing which was famous in the past and maybe many ppl forget or don't ever heard about it for me is an interesting subject so i thought that was a good thing to bring to the community.
    I begin to write my own article but searching about Easter Eggs i found a website with some of them HERE
    also i laugh a lot testing some and remembering also some of them and thinking about my old times in PC... when i start in my first class learning HOW TO TURN ON A PC... MS-DOS... OFFICE... you know... those basic stuff
    i think maybe this is more an article than a post and please MOD's if this is an article lett me know and teach me how to put in the right place

hope u all enjoy this as i have fun doing this for all

so let's get started!

For those who have mozilla browser note that is many mozilla engine browsers up there and u can test in any of those but we going to focus in firefox
    go to address bar of Firefox and type
    about:mozilla

so wtf? firefox is from hell?
    NOPE! is just an Easter Egg ^^

that's something very interesting that in past a bunch of programs have hidden it called Easter egg but don't get confused by the name is not that chocolate one =P

the explanation about mozilla is something called THE BOOK OF MOZILLA and more information what is exactly an Easter Egg u can find HERE

but i decided to make a big post because who knows when a website will go down
    so is better be safe for future new members of SB-I can check that or even some members that don't had a chance to see now... they can see in a near future :)

Notable Easter Eggs

• Random Text in Microsoft Word
    This isn’t exactly an easter egg, because it’s actually documented in Microsoft’s knowledge base, but it’s one of those features that you just weren’t expecting so it still qualifies.

This should work in any version of Microsoft Word…
    Just open up a new document, and then type in into the document:
    =rand()

And then hit enter… voila! Three paragraphs of text will be instantly added…

• Undocumented Word 2007 Feature: Insert Lorem Ipsum Text
    How about insert lorem ipsum text into the document instead of random content from the help file…
    Turns out, in Word 2007 all you have to do is use =lorem() instead of =rand() and you’ll be able to insert the lorem text instead.

Just type in into your document:
    =lorem()

And just like that, Lorem Ipsum is inserted automatically!

*AN EXTRA NOTE FOR BOTH!!!
    You can use the following syntax:
    =rand(paragraphs,sentences) or =lorem(paragraphs,sentences)
    For instance, for 6 paragraphs of 20 sentences each, you would use:
    =rand(6,20) or =lorem(6,20)
    • Flight Simulator in Microsoft Excel 97
    There is a flight simulator hidden in Excel 97, not that anybody actually has that installed anymore.

• Pinball Game in Microsoft Word
    Open a new document, Type "Blue", Select word (Highlight), Go to Format -> Font Choose Font Style Bold, Color Blue, Type " " (space) after word "Blue" Go to Help -> About, Ctrl-Shift-Left click the Word icon/banner, and then to play the game you use Z for left flipper, M for right flipper, and ESC to exit

• Google's Answer to Life the Universe and Everything
    If you type in the following into google, you will receive the answer of 42 from Google's OneBox search result:
    answer to life the universe and everything

• Google Reader Konami Code Ninja
    If you type in the Konami Code into Google Reader, you will see the background of the left pane change color with a picture of a ninja on the side, and the word Ninja! will appear in the search box.
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right b a

• Google Won't Search for Chuck Norris
    this one is nice LOL
    If you open up google.com and type in the following search, and then hit the I'm Feeling Lucky button...
    find chuck norris

You will see that Google won't search for Chuck Norris:

Of course this isn't really an Easter Egg, it's just the fake page comes up as the first result. It's still fun to show to an unsuspecting person.

• Teddy Bears in Picasa
    If you use the shortcut key combination Ctrl+Shift+Y in Google's Picasa tool, you'll see a teddy bear. If you press the key combination more than once, you'll see a whole bunch of them.

• Easter Egg in Spybot Search & Destroy
    Scanning your PC for spyware can be a boring process. Well there is a cool "Easter egg" in Spybot Search and Destroy which allows you to play a game of removing squares to reveal a painting by Leonardo da Vinci. This works in Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4

Start up Spybot Search & Destroy and initiate a scan. While the scan is running, click on the binoculars located under Help.

You will hear a horse sound and the game will start up!

Just something cool added in to our favorite anti-spyware application you may not have known about.

• VLC Media Player has Santa Hat in December
    Whenever it gets close to December 25th, the VLC icon has a santa hat, which you can see in the system tray or on the taskbar button. A bigger version is show in the Help \ About screen.

• WinRAR 'About' window
    Open WinRAR, point to Help>About WinRAR. Click the WinRAR icon (books) in the 'about' window that appears. The logo falls down !

• PowerArchiver
    If you click below the 'x' button but on the menu bar, a classic style 'x' button will appear. The same will happen with the maximize/restore and minimize buttons. The classic buttons work like their modern counterparts. I have only tested this on Windows 7 with Aero enabled.

• Pinball (Windows XP)
    Start a new game of pinball. When it is loaded, write "hidden test" (without the quotes). Then click and drag the ball anywhere you want within the table !

• Impossible folders
    this one have some explanations why not... but is interesting so i keep it
    It is impossible to create a folder in Windows named:
    CON
    NUL
    PRN
    AUX
    COM1, COM2, etc. up to and including COM9
    LPT1, LPT2, etc. up to and including LPT9
    This is less of an easter egg than it is a reminder of how Windows was originally based around MS-DOS. All of these names were device or port names in DOS (some, such as LPT and COM, are still used in Windows today) and therefore having a folder with the same name would 'confuse' the OS.

You can make folders with these names with the "mkdir" or "mk" commands in command prompt but then you can't delete or move them unless you have "Unlocker" installed.

• Solitaire (Windows XP)
    Press Shift+Alt+2 anytime during the game to win !
    Font maker

Point to Start>Run. Type "eudcedit" (without the quotes) and make fonts yourself !

To use the fonts, you must run "charmap" (without the quotes) and scroll to Private Characters. You can then copy them and use them.

• Un-named folder
    Create a new folder, rename it. Write 255 (and keep the 'alt' key pressed while typing 255). After typing, let go of the alt key and press enter. You'll have an un-named folder ! Remember that you cannot normally make an un-named folder (by just renaming a folder to a SPACE).
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (15.05.11) , takomania (15.05.11) , SealLion (15.05.11) , SaintShaolin (15.05.11) , Rebound (15.05.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Holy los pinguinos, Batman Renji-Kun!!

I had no idea about the hidden game inside SpyBotSD. That's actually quite neat.

Though what is the specific purpose of "=rand()" other than to just add lines of text??
    I guess the link where you got all this didn't make mention if it, did it??

As for the Google references, that's probably someone at Google Head Office having a bit of fun with the masses. I'd say that Google has an interesting and good sense of humor.
    Last edited by SealLion; 15.05.11 at 06:40.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss75
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    Holy los pinguinos, Batman Renji-Kun!!

I had no idea about the hidden game inside SpyBotSD. That's actually quite neat.
    always doubt from something that have spyglasses on it LOL

Though what is the specific purpose of "=rand()" other than to just add lines of text??
    I guess the link where you got all this didn't make mention if it, did it??
    no they didn't but is pretty much like ipsum lorem just to put some text on it... for instance... just in case u wanna laoyout something and don't have any idea of what u will write, is funny how it's there and no one knows and can be useful

As for the Google references, that's probably someone at Google Head Office having a bit of fun with the masses. I'd say that Google has an interesting and good sense of humor.
    i agree and that's why i love google, did u ever heard about the secrete coordinates in google earth?
    maybe i collect all and make a new post :)
    Last edited by Renji-Kun; 15.05.11 at 06:57.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (15.05.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by Renji-Kun View Post
    ....., did u ever heard about the secrete coordinates in google earth?
    maybe i collect all and make a new post :)
    No. Actually I didn't.

Are you talking about the ones listed on this link here??

I believe they have a couple of UFO related listings.

You know if you look hard enough on the internet, there is even a UFO listing on Google Mars. Pretty cool, I thought when I first came across it.
    Last edited by SealLion; 15.05.11 at 15:51.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

Renji-Kun (15.05.11)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss75
    No. Actually I didn't.
    Are you talking about the ones listed on this link here??
    yeah exactly those... i'm collecting a bunch of images and when i have maybe i make a post and use the link u give me and of course with all your merits ^^
    thanks by the way

I believe they have a couple of UFO related listings.
    You know if you look hard enough on the internet, there is even a UFO listing on Google Mars. Pretty cool, I thought when I first came across it.
    indeed pretty cool stuff, personally i love UFO related things for me is an interesting subject... and guess what? my first job was in editing a UFO magazine in my country, but that is just a coincidence so i move to 3d and again my first character was an ET well more like alien but is related....LOL
    but i'm not a super fanatic is just coincidence but i like those stuff and theories even if is not true some STORIES are well told enough to believe at least have something outside space... well thanks that to mr. steven spielberg who introduces E.T for we all... ROFL ... just kidding

do u like UFO too?
    Last edited by Renji-Kun; 15.05.11 at 16:19.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (15.05.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by Renji-Kun View Post
    do u like UFO too?
    Are you kidd'in me??

We're just in the process of invading the Milky Way.

We decided to build these massive ships housing mostly water since that's what we live in. So after we built these MASSIVE ships we decided to go out and look for a new home.

We found this planet that has 9 other terrestrial planets as neighbors. It is covered by about 75 % water. We figured, that's GREAT. Awesome, yaaa!!!
    since that's what we live in anyways.

Some of our scouts have reported back to say that humans who live on the planet are delicious. Most especially with bar-bee-que sauce. Yummmm.

We figure that once we get to this planet, the humans are going to faced with this relentless and unimaginably savage force.

Want to join us??

On the more serious side of things. I did see a YT vid of a UFO on Google Mars and for the life of me, I can't find it anymore. I've looked and I don't see it. It was one of those 'still' photos taken from a satellite above Mars. Not from the rover that crawled the planet. I'm not sure if it was removed or if it's buried so deep that I'm missing it.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

Renji-Kun (17.05.11)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss75
    Are you kidd'in me??
    We're just in the process of invading the Milky Way.
    We decided to build these massive ships housing mostly water since that's what we live in. So after we built these MASSIVE ships we decided to go out and look for a new home.
    We found this planet that has 9 other terrestrial planets as neighbors. It is covered by about 75 % water. We figured, that's GREAT. Awesome, yaaa!!!
    since that's what we live in anyways.
    and maybe hoping for WE(humans in general) don't destroy this one as we did with our earth

Some of our scouts have reported back to say that humans who live on the planet are delicious. Most especially with bar-bee-que sauce. Yummmm.
    Y-U-M-M-Y D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S... LOL
    have some tabasco sauce? i prefer those more spicy

We figure that once we get to this planet, the humans are going to faced with this relentless and unimaginably savage force.
    Want to join us??
    copy Sargent SealLion and u know, since in a above u mention "holy los penguinos" and penguins are friends of sea-lion or better saying SealLion so i'm on the army u don't need to ask twice
    i'm glad to back to community after years and notice that have nice guys here that was my main purpose to make some good friends and chat about many stuff also change some knowledge... i really appreciate this chat... thanks mate

I did see a YT vid of a UFO on Google Mars and for the life of me, I can't find it anymore. I've looked and I don't see it. It was one of those 'still' photos taken from a satellite above Mars. Not from the rover that crawled the planet. I'm not sure if it was removed or if it's buried so deep that I'm missing it.
    maybe i too deep inside the YT Milky Way ROFT
    if u find please don't forget to send me the link i'm interested in see that stuff
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (16.05.11)

+ Reply to Thread