+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do something useful? [Y/n] _

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Well, I owe you guys the end of this story. I gave the lecture today and unlike I half-expected, I apparently did a decent job - most of the students were actually pretty interested about it. They made plenty of questions and from those and their answers sparked discussions among themselves, e.g. concerns about data retention, how the Internet is a tool that can be used and abused like any other, and how it shapes the new generation of kids that are growing up with high-speed connections at home and have this culture of "I want everything NOW" and "just Google it", whether we like that or not. Note my teacher was among them and she had doubts of her own as well.

It was pretty satisfying to see that everyone left the room a little bit wiser after me playing my part.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

v6ph1 (07.05.11) , seldom (07.05.11)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss329
    Great job, anon!
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Renji-Kun (07.05.11) , anon (07.05.11)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss75
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Well, I owe you guys the end of this story. I gave the lecture today and unlike I half-expected, I apparently did a decent job - most of the students were actually pretty interested about it. They made plenty of questions and from those and their answers sparked discussions among themselves, e.g. concerns about data retention, how the Internet is a tool that can be used and abused like any other, and how it shapes the new generation of kids that are growing up with high-speed connections at home and have this culture of "I want everything NOW" and "just Google it", whether we like that or not. Note my teacher was among them and she had doubts of her own as well.

It was pretty satisfying to see that everyone left the room a little bit wiser after me playing my part.
    CONGRATS bro
    so no need to rip off your clothes huh?
    good to hear that LOL

u could have taped it and give us a preview
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

anon (07.05.11)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Quote Originally Posted by Renji-Kun View Post
    CONGRATS bro
    so no need to rip off your clothes huh?
    good to hear that LOL
    Thank you, and yes, I didn't have to.

u could have taped it and give us a preview
    I don't post pictures of me on the Internet. Not that I don't trust you guys, it's a personal policy I've had almost since I started surfing. Also everyone can read this thread.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss75
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I don't post pictures of me on the Internet. Not that I don't trust you guys, it's a personal policy I've had almost since I started surfing. Also everyone can read this thread.
    and u are right because u never know what people gonna do with your pic and your personal stuff
    in my country and by experience i'm like paranoic with internet... i never buy things from internet i prefer go to the store
    nothing is safe on internet and i guess i have to admit that i became a paranoic guy when talking about internet... yeah i know the problem is with me but someday maybe i can fix myself...LOL
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12