+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make Money in Your Spare Time Doing Simple Online Tasks

Make Money in Your Spare Time Doing Simple Online Tasks

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done - Make Money in Your Spare Time Doing Simple Online Tasks

Many “online jobs” promising quick riches and little effort are really scams. While the tasks below won’t make you rich, they can earn you a little pocket money on the side—and these days that can make a big difference.

---------------

Research Study/Survey Participant: Harvard Business School Computer Lab for Experimental Research (CLER): Participate in research studies at Harvard Business School and you can earn $15 to $40 or more per on-site study (in Cambridge, MA) or do one of their occasional online studies, which typically take less than 15 minutes to complete and usually compensate you with a $5 electronic gift certificate. The studies ask you about decisions you would make in various business-related disciplines, such as economics and psychology. Additional options: Lightspeed Consumer Panel, Pinecone Research, SurveySpot.

Focus Group Participant: 20|20 Panel: Since 1986, 20|20 Research has been providing companies with qualitative research from focus groups. Recent calls for focus group participants include: an online study of cell phones usage that pays $60 (adults 18-44) and an online study of household products purchases that pays $150 (adults 25-65). Additional options: Focus Forward, Hagen Sinclair, AlphaBuzz.

Artificial Artificial Intelligence: Amazon Mechanical Turk: Yeah, that’s a weird title. As a Mechanical Turk Worker (or MTurk), you complete odd jobs like looking up companies’ hours of operation, checking translations, coming up with ideas for marketing projects, and so on. The pay can be extremely low — a couple of cents even — but the tasks can usually be done quickly and some tasks pay more. Additional option: ShortTask.

User Tester: UserTesting.com: Get $10 for visiting a website and providing live, honest feedback about it. Your reactions as you traipse the site are recorded by UserTesting’s software. Additional option: uTest.

Tech Support Expert: FixYa.com: Put your knowledge to good use at FixYa and earn $2 to $6 for answering a posted question, $6 to $10 for helping someone in chat, $10-$15 if you do it by phone, or a variable amount for written tips and how-to’s. Additional options: Support Space, JustAnswer.

Blogger: Commission Junction: If you maintain a blog already, you can monetize it by inserting advertising links or affiliate links from Commission Junction, LinkShare, Chitika, Dev Hub,Smorty, and, of course, Google AdSense. There’s no set amount you can make (and no guarantee you’ll make anything at all), but if you write often and get a decent following, you can generate some nice supplemental income.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (10.05.11) , SealLion (10.05.11)

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss15
    did you test them yourself ? I have tried waaaayyy too many of theses sites whitout results...lol
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    They probably do pay you. But the amount is in pennies after they send you the money. You've got to take in the costs of mailing a check to you, right??
    For example, one of the listings up in the quotes states they'll pay you 10 bucks (minus postage costs most likely). You've also got to take into consideration of your own time. That is, is your time worth spending 2 to 3 hours or how ever many hours you'd spend online doing what-ever they ask of you. And that's not taking into consideration how much you'd be doing that in a week. Suppose you'd be doing that 2-3 times a day X 5-7 days a week. And all that just for 10 bucks??!!!

I don't know how it all works out. I'm not a professor in this stuff, but if I was ever to do stuff like this, I'd think about my time and if my time is actually really worth spending what-ever amount of time I'd be doing it. You also need to think about the monotony of it. After doing it for, lets say 2-3 times, your probably going to provide honest feedback. But what about thereafter?? Are you going to get bored of it and come to the point you'll just give what-ever answer you feel like it b/c you want to get this thing over with??

There's a few things one needs to think about when doing stuff like this, you know.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread