Thread: ScL better than ScT and FTN?

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss311

ScL better than ScT and FTN?

Well, not really, but i have to say that this Tracker is getting better from day -> day

Perhaps some of you are on ScL too; what do you think about it?

SceneLife [Stop Chasing Start Living]

Pro: Many exclusive ScL-Packs, very good speed, nice design&navigation, closed tracker (but there were open-signups before), nice community, many users with much knowledge (i know some of them and they know enough about the "scene" and "security"; not cheating-security, but "pirates-will-be-safe-security") -> tracker isn't too public yet (yeah, i hope i don't make it too public due to this THREAD)

Con: Pre-Times not so good (yet), some leechers and hit&run (which tracker besides ftn doesn't have them???)^^

...Perhaps it will be a Level 10 Tracker soon, who knows...

No, i don't have invites!!!

Last edited by 0ldboy; 12.02.08 at 14:08.
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Aurion (03.11.08) , Snakedoctor (13.02.08) , zatoicchi (12.02.08) , hitman (12.02.08)

Thanks

P2P Client
    Faze Mod 0.2 Private
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1391
    what is the link to the tracker?
    The link of the tracker is:
    SceneLife.Net

It's invite only...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss61
    really nice tracker :) a shame i don´t got invited :(

regards to all
    Thanks

CakeMix
    I think ScT beats SCL in speed. However I feel the community in scl is a little stronger. FTN is still the number 1 site, imo.

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    ScL is great. My only gripe is it lacks in HD stuff. Now HDTV Show packs and not very many HD movies but hey its not for that.

Pretime wise its on par with ScT, maybe just a minute behind but who cares.

I will tell you guys this though SCC is what a level 2 tracker?

It has pretimes just as good or better than ANYWHERE. ScL, ScT, FTN, etc.

For not being very coveted it's impressed me a lot!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss49
    As stated in OP, ScL has a good community, but it also doesn't have a lot of good seeder to leecher ratios (harder to cheat), which makes it go down on my list of good trackers ;<
    Thanks

Hmm, ScL is not really hard to cheat on...
    Of course they don't have many peers but scripts and peers are different things

Anyway, I don't think that it could ever become as good as neither of the trackers stated above. Therefore they just don't have the potential. The only thing I liked about the tracker was the design.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Very interesting topic to drop by some words...for me I wasn't in ScT nor FtN before (yet!) but as a ScL member,I agree that such a tracker is awesome especially the main tracker's theme,colors & most of all their sexy first-tracker-to have icon/logo they got ! the community there is very damn active,they don't have much knowledge about BT client,torrenting,portforwarding & how to get ultimate benefit off BT ! Still,shares over there grow very damn fast,they are very generous offering lots of FreeLeech + DoubleUpload events (FL is always ON in Packs section & DoubleUpload is ON too in MP3 section)...

Maybe you are right oldie about their pre-times but you know no one can get that pinned forever,on the other hand they are getting it shaper as time passes...

Also what Manas mentioned is expected to happen very soon tho IMO ! as they are very closed people with lots of eager to become on the top of the list...

Hopefully they do it soon...
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

0ldboy (03.11.08)

I agree that such a tracker is awesome especially the main tracker's theme,colors & most of all their sexy first-tracker-to have icon/logo
    Design is one thing- the tracker itself with its speeds, peers, community etc. is another

There are lousy trackers out there with nice designs.

the community there is very damn active,they don't have much knowledge about BT client,torrenting,portforwarding & how to get ultimate benefit off BT
    It is active but mostly spamming. Many people are just being active to get invites to trade.

Still,shares over there grow very damn fast,they are very generous offering lots of FreeLeech + DoubleUpload events (FL is always ON in Packs section & DoubleUpload is ON too in MP3 section)...
    As far as I can remember there wasn't much leecher and seeder activity. The problem is that barely anyone uses ScL as a main source of torrents- and I doubt that anyone posting in this thread that "ScL will be great" does. And I can understand that: Speeds mostly suck and pretimes aren't good aswell.

Maybe you are right oldie about their pre-times but you know no one can get that pinned forever,on the other hand they are getting it shaper as time passes...
    Uploaders are responsible for the pretimes. If the uploaders suck- the pretimes suck. And that's the case at ScL. They need new uploaders otherwise this problem will never be solved.

About security: It might look secure but remember how they started- opening signups for everyone, handing out invites to anyone etc.

They did almost everything to get more members.

Now that are my two cents.

Don't take it personally guys
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

0ldboy (03.11.08)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Quote Originally Posted by Manas View Post
    Design is one thing- the tracker itself with its speeds, peers, community etc. is another

There are lousy trackers out there with nice designs.
    Yeah but having those unique colors & icons is another exhausting thing a tracker can have....they got some decent talented PS designers in their gfx section...

It is active but mostly spamming. Many people are just being active to get invites to trade.
    Well,yeah you can see that in almost all trackers around but first time to know that spamming there gets you more invites...!

As far as I can remember there wasn't much leecher and seeder activity. The problem is that barely anyone uses ScL as a main source of torrents- and I doubt that anyone posting in this thread that "ScL will be great" does. And I can understand that: Speeds mostly suck and pretimes aren't good aswell.
    The thing is that users don't care about those upped packs,so in a short while,uppers get pissed off seeding tons of packs with no leechers to serve,that's why they drop them off leaving most of the 2~3 weeks old packs with 0 seeders (same thing happening recently @ SCC)

Uploaders are responsible for the pretimes. If the uploaders suck- the pretimes suck. And that's the case at ScL. They need new uploaders otherwise this problem will never be solved.
    Actually that's true,but you know that's when real dedicated uppers come in teh first place

About security: It might look secure but remember how they started- opening signups for everyone, handing out invites to anyone etc.

They did almost everything to get more members.

Now that are my two cents.

Don't take it personally guys
    You won't believe that but I remember when I first go in there,I opened a topic in teh suggestions area discussing the idea of getting to the next level by cutting down given invites to anyone bla bla bla bla ! they said,they already know that & are working on freezing a new fame off that ! (that's when I knew that it won't be a next level for'em ! )
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss311
    Cool, you guys revived this thread^^

My final comment/conclusion:
    ScL not needed! They had their chance! Some good ideas, nice design, friendly staff, BAD CONTENT/PREs/ S/L-Ratio :-(

If someone need invite, pm me!
    Thanks

Hehehe. Damn, I Haven't seen that this thread is from February
    Anyway, at least we could judge the progress ScL made
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

0ldboy (03.11.08)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Quote Originally Posted by Manas View Post
    Hehehe. Damn, I Haven't seen that this thread is from February
    Anyway, at least we could judge the progress ScL made
    Yeah,I've noticed that myself now,can you imagine !? But it's also true that it was at least a good decision making regarding continuous usage of such a tracker or just dumping it !
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

Manas (04.11.08)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss117
    ScL has definitely given its users a chance to buffer their accounts and manage a good ratio there. Sct is a huge machine like TL and with the money they get from selling invites/donations they couldn't care less about their reputation about community. FTN has good users but with a small user base they can't compare to ScT. As for ScL being a level 10 tracker too few uploaders and an account is still easy to come by. (which is why it wont be a level 10) As for speed and content their will always be more improvements..like IPT has pretty much caught up to TL on pre times (from what I've heard).
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast