+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Imageshack.us (View direct link without Signing-Up)

P2P Client
    µ
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss773

Imageshack.us (View direct link without Signing-Up)

Hi Sb-I members, this is a small tutorial on how to view the Direct links of your uploaded pictures on Imageshack.us

So this is how the picture will look when you upload any picture on Imageshack without registering.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-02-24 07-51-44.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	290.6 KB 
ID:	9716
    It tell you to Sign-In or register

Now to get the direct link of that image you need to open the source code of that page from Web Browser your are using like on FireFox Right click from that page-> View Page Source.

Then execute the shortcut Ctrl + F(to find) and here you need to type " Direct Link " as shown in the picture below, you would find the link below on the post paragraph as shown in the picture and that's your Direct Link.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-02-24 07-55-25.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	453.9 KB 
ID:	9717

Do note: Still for viewing Imageshack images you need to Sign-In/Up your account otherwise it would show the picture like this:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	req_login.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	9718

I know some would say this is obvious and easy still I hope I would have helped someone here
    Show respect to all people, but grovel to none​

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Snitlev (02.10.11) , anonftw (25.02.11) , Rebound (24.02.11) , anon (24.02.11) , Instab (24.02.11)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6660
    last time i checked the direct link was still in one of the forum urls. just needed to pick it out
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Wouldn't it be better to just register instead of doing this for multiple images?

Conversely if you have a blog and all the images of your blog were hosted on imageshack,you have to register the DOMAIN to get back those images...

In any case,I predict this will become a moot issue after a while.Like most things in life,people will move on to other things...in this case other hosters...

Bayimg ftw...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Bayimg ftw...
    BayImg isn't perfect either. They convert all your images to JPEG format. That reduces quality and may actually increase file size for simple screenshots. Sadly there isn't a perfect hoster that allows hotlinking, is relaxed about takedown requests, and allows you to delete your images without registering, at least not one I'm aware of.

I personally use ImageBam, BayImg and (very rarely) Tinypic, in that order. Thanks for the tut, by the way.

PS: http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=20889.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (25.02.11)

I think that's the best method:
    1. When you're here Open the "Link" (it's the first url you see in lists under the image)
    2. Now you see the image, right click on it
    3. Copy image address. That's the direct link.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Rodrigo (01.10.11) , anonftw (25.02.11)

P2P Client
    KTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss1

Lightbulb Alternative: Search the source code

Right-click the page which appears after uploading an image to ImageShack and go to something like "View Page Source" and search for the following lines:

<label><a href="#" class="tt" style="cursor:default;">Direct Link<span class="tooltip" style="top:8px; cursor:default;"><span class="top"></span><span class="middle"><div style="cursor:default;">&nbsp;&nbsp; Please <div id="signin" style="color:#003399;cursor:pointer;display:inline ;text-decoration:underline;">Sign in</div> or <div id="signup" style="color:#003399;cursor:pointer;display:inline ;text-decoration:underline;">Sign up</div> to get this link.</div></span><span class="bottom"></span></span></a></label>
    <a href="#" class="tt" style="cursor:default"><input wrap="off" disabled="disabled" onmousedown="return false;" onselectstart="return false;" onClick="return false;" onDoubleClick="return false;" readonly="readonly" class="readonly" value="THIS IS WHERE THE DIRECT LINK WILL BE" /><span class="tooltip" style="top:8px; cursor:default;"><span class="top"></span><span class="middle"><div style="cursor:default;">&nbsp;&nbsp; Please <div id="signin" style="color:#003399;cursor:pointer;display:inline ;text-decoration:underline;">Sign in</div> or <div id="signup" style="color:#003399;cursor:pointer;display:inline ;text-decoration:underline;">Sign up</div> to get this link.</div></span><span class="bottom"></span></span></a>

Last edited by Rodrigo; 01.10.11 at 22:04. Reason: forgot to bold the term Direct Link
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

anon (01.10.11)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    I don't see why anyone would want to use Imageshack these days. I go for Tinypic in forums with no attachment system. It has a captcha, but that's about it.

Anyway, thank you Rodrigo for your post. It may come handy for some.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µ
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss773
    or use imgur simple and effective, in just a drag of a mouse '_
    Show respect to all people, but grovel to none​

Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (05.10.11)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6660
    Quote Originally Posted by ParamouR View Post
    or use imgur simple and effective, in just a drag of a mouse '_
    they also have a firefox addon and upload programs. all free. no registration.
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread