+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: well my luck on thebox fnally ran out again but this time I went to IRC.

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss28

well my luck on thebox fnally ran out again but this time I went to IRC.

In my previous thread someone said I should go to IRC to find out how they knew I had multi accounts well I did and here is some screenshots of the conversation.

So as You can see they can track accounts somehow.

I've used flickr because imageshack seems to have problems with redirecting people who click on the links.

EDIT: Images removed for member security reasons.
    Last edited by SealLion; 19.02.11 at 21:50. Reason: for your security, images removed.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39479
    Dude, it looks like you're cursed.

By the way, I'd reupload those pictures to a more generic hoster and conceal the e-mail address. We can see that and what appears to be your real name on those links.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss28
    Due to my original account being banned I just made up a brand new e-mil to resign up (so the e-mail being exposed is not any big gain for anyone their are only 6 messages in the inbox 3 from gmail and 3 from thebox) I am going to close the e-mail account now as it is no use to me all my other torrent sites are attached to my real e-mail.

I am going to signup again and if I get caught again I will deny the previous accounts next time just to see if they might elaborate on how they track dupe accounts I know it is unlikely but worth a shot.

I will re upload the images after I filtered out my name as you suggested.
    Last edited by philiptorrent; 19.02.11 at 18:24.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39479
    Quote Originally Posted by philiptorrent View Post
    I am going to signup again and if I get caught again I will deny the previous accounts next time just to see if they might elaborate on how they track dupe accounts I know it is unlikely but worth a shot.
    It is very unlikely that they'll discuss that with you, due to obvious reasons. I learnt that from the What guys.
    Thanks

why do you keep going back there?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590
    If it indeed is a range block, use a proxy or change ISP.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39479
    Changing ISPs twice because a tracker banned you would be too much for me.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss28
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapo View Post
    If it indeed is a range block, use a proxy or change ISP.
    I am guessing a range block would enable hem to link accounts? I would have thought a range block would have meant I could not get into the tracker at all

anon, I have not even changed once yet I was going to but decided to try and change my IP one last time (which worked) So I am going to try to keep this up until my contract runs out and then if I still keep getting banned I will then change ISP.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    why do you keep going back there?
    They have a lot of UK content locked up and as I am from the UK it is stuff I enjoy some of the content they have to my knowledge is available no where else (not even UKNova) if there was UK site with the same open nature to content as thebox I would use that one instead but there is not one.

Out of curiosity judging by peoples surprised posts am I write in thinking that other members from here have signed up to .bz sites after being banned for cheating and have lasted for months or have never been caught again.
    Last edited by philiptorrent; 20.02.11 at 08:03.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39479
    Don't take the word "block" literally. Monitoring certain ranges gives better results for them.

^ That's some more What.cd wisdom.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss28
    It does seem their model is based on similar principles to what.cd in that case I have often thought about trying to join what.cd just have not had the time to do the interview yet.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39479
    I wouldn't try to cheat on What.cd if you haven't been able to successfully do so on TheBox.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss28
    Due to the fact that I did not cheat on thebox in the first place and after one of my re registrations I found a forum thread that seems to imply that they do monitor speed and when I was using my seedbox I did not limit the speed and was seeding torrents continuously so I am guessing my seedbox's speed must have hit their magic number. I have now gone back to my home connection and am using a regular version of transmission (which is what I was using before I got my seedbox) and I never had any problems then so I don't think I will have any problems on what.cd because I don't cheat on torrent sites this is another reason I am (as some people see it) wasting my time trying to get back into thebox because as I am sure you can understand I don't appreciate being accused of something I am not guilty of.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39479
    Quote Originally Posted by philiptorrent View Post
    after one of my re registrations I found a forum thread that seems to imply that they do monitor speed and when I was using my seedbox I did not limit the speed and was seeding torrents continuously so I am guessing my seedbox's speed must have hit their magic number.
    Well, I still think it was a false positive of some sorts. What kind of tracker would ask you to limit your seedbox's speed?

OK, maybe one that doesn't want you to act like a douche with your box since a lot of people do so, but most sites don't do it.

I have now gone back to my home connection and am using a regular version of transmission (which is what I was using before I got my seedbox) and I never had any problems then so I don't think I will have any problems on what.cd because I don't cheat on torrent sites
    Sorry, for some reason I had the impression you were going to cheat on What.cd, which has the most advanced anti-cheat scripts to exist on a tracker these days.

this is another reason I am (as some people see it) wasting my time trying to get back into thebox because as I am sure you can understand I don't appreciate being accused of something I am not guilty of.
    Yeah, I can imagine, and that sucks. Sadly, trackers aren't a democracy. Even if they realize you haven't done anything wrong in the future, they could still keep you banned if they want, because as staff they have the right to disable you for any reason, including no reason at all.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss28
    anon do you think trackers with banning/monitoring methods like thebox could potentially know your mac address because if they can I think I might know how they knew I was on their banned list I changed my mac (thanks to the great guide in the tutorials section) but the other day I needed to reboot my mac to sort out a problem so I rebooted my Mac and at the same time my mac address reverted to it's correct form I totally forgot that rebooting my mac also resets my mac adress and continued downloading.

So if it is possible for trackers to know my mac address I pretty much inadvertently revealed myself to them. I won't make that mistake again that is for sure.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39479
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=21214

I never changed my MAC to reregister on any tracker, not even What. And I'm fine.

Does it hurt to change it? Definitely not, but I really don't think it's a factor.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast