6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7979

Insidious

Release Date: April 1, 2011
    Studio: FilmDistrict
    Director: James Wan
    Screenwriter: Leigh Whannell
    Starring: Rose Byrne, Patrick Wilson, Ty Simpkins, Barbara Hershey, Leigh Whannell
    Genre: Horror, Thriller
    MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for thematic material, violence, terror and frightening images, and brief strong language)
    "Insidious" is about a young family that makes the terrifying discovery that the body of their comatose boy has become a magnet for malevolent entities, while his consciousness lies trapped in the dark and insidious realm known as "The Further."

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Extraterrestrial (15.07.11) , slikrapid (28.02.11) , SealLion (27.02.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    So who made up this name about this other-worldly realm a.k.a 'the further'??
    Why don't they just call it that holiday resort that's supposed to have those rivers of magma??
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion
    So who made up this name about this other-worldly realm a.k.a 'the further'??
    its meant as a description of the realm, which is further, beyond the commonly perceptible one, essentially one which may be reached through an 'altered state of consciousness':

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...674#post255044

Why don't they just call it that holiday resort that's supposed to have those rivers of magma??
    because its not the same one? the boy didn't die yet and it is questionable whether he would subsequently even travel towards that place, since for that he would have to voluntarily decide so, or give up his free will (ie. give his consent) to those that are in charge of that place or to those that are in charge of collecting 'lost souls', designating/marking them as eligible/qualified/offered to partake a certain role in that place (among others), as their final destination for the time a-coming, known as 'eternity'

for those having difficulty following (terms used may particularly fit christianity, but are not limited to it):

- that place = 'hell' or at least something similar enough for all intents & purposes
    - those that are in charge of it = technically, the so-called 'fallen angels', essentially the so-called 'god', meaning higher level entities (though not absolute or infinite)
    - those that are in charge of collecting, the 'gatekeepers' or 'key-holders', etc. = church & its personnel, likely also other religions with the same (or similar enough) framework (fi. abrahamic religions)
    - 'lost souls' = meaning available souls/entities/consciousness, ones not yet 'marked'/aligned or not yet 'spiritually aware/awakened' or heading into another direction (different from the expected or pre-planned/prepared one)
    - a certain role = slavery, submission, a 'living building block' of their architecture/structure
    - 'eternity' = a long period of time, especially compared to the length of a 'human life', but not infinite

as for the movie itself, considering its done by people involved in recent flops called paranormal activity 1 & 2, its likely that this one will have a similar outcome, thus deserving a similar description
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (28.02.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Well, for one thing. I don't think that ASC would be fit for me. I don't know what kind of experiences can be gained / learned from food deprivation other than your stomach growling with pangs of hunger. As for isolation tanks, IMHO, I can't see what benefit one can get from that either. Isolation, most especially for long periods of time is known to make a person "crazy' after awhile. I'm sure your aware of this.
    The lucid dreaming however has me interested and as a matter of fact, I did come across a website explaining how to induce oneself into lucid dreaming. Quite interesting, I thought after reading it.

Oh, and yes. I do understand that the name 'the further' is meant as a description of the place. Initially, I thought that they were talking about the holiday resort. The one I mentioned above. I figured this because of the preview of a demon in the film. I had to stop it a couple of time to see the red faced demon standing behind the man in the trailer. I figured: "Ya. Hey!! He's got a red face with earrings on one of his ears. The only thing that's missing is horns. And look, they even dress tartan". As for the earring, you'll have to see it for yourself.

Nevertheless, it's a silly name if you ask me. So why not just call it “the P.O. Box of Hell”, instead then?? The way I read your post, I figure it must be where some people are sent for those awaiting to enter hell before they enter the resort with rivers of magma to gain final approval for what some might believe is an extended stay with about 5.6 X 10 (exponent)9 (exponent) 10 others??
    So is it concluded then that the the further and the “the P.O. Box of Hell” are pretty much one and the same?? They're consciousness might be elsewhere ---> i.e. 'the further' right before they enter that place.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (28.02.11)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Nevertheless, it's a silly name if you ask me. So why not just call it “the P.O. Box of Hell”, instead then??
    remember that about teasing the viewer, giving him little bits & pieces, 'riding' those familiar subjects & steering them into desired directions, its like a game of confusion, like an insidious toxin spread via the movies while superficially perceived as mere entertainment

So is it concluded then that the the further and the “the P.O. Box of Hell” are pretty much one and the same??
    not necessarily, but that may be the intended allusion in this case/movie, possibly to discourage (average) people from exploring their mind and what lies within/beyond, like scaring children with the bogeyman into behaving as expected/commanded/prescribed, similar to that saying: 'idle hands are the devil's tools', well guess what, when 'idle' one might start to think/contemplate & notice certain things, possibly becoming more aware than desirable (by the prescribers)
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (01.03.11)

Just watched this enjoyable movie, I'd give it 7.5/10 (definitely worth a watch), DON'T miss watching this one; it kept me holding my breath right to the end.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread