+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sudan teen lashed for "indecent" skirt

Sudan teen lashed for "indecent" skirt

(Reuters) - A 16-year-old south Sudanese girl was lashed 50 times after a judge ruled her knee-length skirt was indecent, her lawyer and family said in the latest case to push Sudan's Islamic law into the spotlight.

The mother of teenager Silva Kashif told Reuters on Friday she was planning to sue the police who made the arrest and the judge who imposed the sentence, as her daughter was underage and a Christian.

The case will add fuel to a debate already raging over Sudan's decency laws after this year's high-profile conviction of Sudanese U.N. official Lubna Hussein, who was briefly jailed for wearing trousers in public.

Hussein, a former journalist who used her case to campaign against Sudan's public order and decency regulations, is touring France to publicize her book about the prosecution. She had faced the maximum penalty of 40 lashes but was given a lighter sentence.

Kashif, whose family comes from the south Sudanese town of Yambio, was arrested while walking to the market near her home in the Khartoum suburb of Kalatla last week, her mother Jenty Doro told Reuters.

"She is just a young girl but the policeman pulled her along in the market like she was a criminal. It was wrong," said Doro.

Doro said Khashif was taken to Kalatla court where she was convicted and punished by a female police officer in front of the judge.

"I only heard about it after she was lashed. Later we all sat and cried ... People have different religions and that should be taken into account," she said.
    Code:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5AQ1YZ20091127

(You have to log in and confirm your age to watch the video)
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (30.12.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    shameful practice indeed, as if they are stuck in time, one where worldwide societal advancements & improvements have no meaning to the local community, ignorantly or intentionally disregarding the fact how 'change' is a universal constant to which even their stubborn attempts at resistance will eventually have to bow down, the question remains on how long will it take, how many victims & sacrifices will be needed/left/spread along this path and whether lessons of previous experiences will be learned & applied in a meaningful way or not
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Extraterrestrial (31.12.10)

the question remains on how long will it take, how many victims & sacrifices will be needed/left/spread along this path and whether lessons of previous experiences will be learned & applied in a meaningful way or not
    as long as the oil revenues keep pouring into countries like SA and Iran & extremist views have the upper hand in almost everything that has to do with religion and individual freedom.
    If you said what you've written above to one of them, the answer will be like this:

Last edited by Extraterrestrial; 31.12.10 at 02:59.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (31.12.10)

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss402
    This has nothing to do with Islam, it's indeed a shameful practice done by the so called 'Islamic Government'. A country once/still ruled by a group claiming to follow Islamic rules. e.g. cutting the hand of a bread thief in a country hit by famine while their leaders were/are enjoying the country wealth and saying this is what Islam says!!
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Gapo (05.02.11) , tokiodrift1 (31.12.10) , slikrapid (31.12.10)

This has nothing to do with Islam, it's indeed a shameful practice done by the so called 'Islamic Government'.
    The aim of this thread isn't to bash Islam. It's to bash sharia and those who are in support/indifferent or the "people want this so let it be" argument of applying it on people of other countries.
    A country once/still ruled by a group claiming to follow Islamic rulese.g. cutting the hand of a bread thief in a country hit by famine while their leaders were/are enjoying the country wealth and saying this is what Islam says!
    Lashing is an Islamic punishment besides stoning to death, cutting hands & legs and crucifixion.
    I expected more from you. i.e. condemning the implementation of the infamous sharia. e.g. chill out people, we're living in the 21 century not the 6 century ( see the "stuck in time" post above).
    or saying something about the fat ass sadist cop who was laughing like a pig at the {second 58} of this tape and was quoting from the Quran "and a sect of the believers watch their suffer" those are the believers pointing at the crowd who were watching as if they're watching a soccer match.
    This is an example of how "humans are treated under sharia" , something you should take into account when praising Iran for example.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss402
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraterrestrial View Post
    Lashing is an Islamic punishment besides stoning to death, cutting hands & legs and crucifixion.
    Not for wearing an indecent skirt and you know that.

This is an example of how "humans are treated under sharia" , something you should take into account when praising Iran for example
    huh
    Last edited by caballero; 31.12.10 at 16:40.
    Thanks

Not for wearing an indecent skirt and you know that.
    What you saw being applied in that video is called in arabic "عقوبة تعذيرية" something different than the "حدود" you were referring to.
    Can't translate the terms though but i'm sure you got what i mean.

huh
    my bad, it was someone else.
    Last edited by Extraterrestrial; 31.12.10 at 20:09.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss402
    What you saw being applied in that video is called in arabic "عقوبة تعذيرية" something different than the "حدود" you were referring to.
    Can't translate the terms though but i'm sure you got what i mean.
    I did get what you mean (and I couldn't find a good source for this punishment!)
    Anyway, whatever the punishment is, it's a disgrace to do it like this. I'm sure they picked her from the street without any investigation or official stuff, they just felt like it.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113
    my bad, it was "hessler".
    Will you please quote when did i actually praised Iran?
    Thanks

I did get what you mean (and I couldn't find a good source for this punishment!)
    Just get any book on sharia especially if it is in Arabic aka not sugarcoated and you'll know more about it.
    This was taught to us as part of the Islamic law while i was studying at law school.

Anyway, whatever the punishment is, it's a disgrace to do it like this.
    Right, well said.

I'm sure they picked her from the street without any investigation or official stuff, they just felt like it.

That's also part of the sharia, the secret police watching out for people, you'll see a clear example of that applied in SA and it's called "The Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice Police" lol .

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Will you please quote when did i actually praised Iran?
    \Press regulations thread/
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113
    No,simply pointing out the thread wont do, you will have to actually quote my words resembling Appraisal of Iran
    Thanks

No,simply pointing out the thread wont do, you will have to actually quote my words resembling Appraisal of Iran
    well, i don't want to get in that sort of discussions so I've edited my post.
    my bad, it was someone else.
    Last edited by Extraterrestrial; 31.12.10 at 20:12.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113
    Dont worry bro, i have said it assuming you are my friend

i thought i wrote something in a way that lead you to assume something, just wanted to know what it was, that is why i asked about exact words, that's all

I have no hard feelings for you and i respect you for the person you are and your opinion
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

Extraterrestrial (01.01.11)

In the name of Allah the Merciful

{Adulteress and the adulterer and lash each one of them a hundred lashes and take you by the compassion in the religion of Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day and the punishment be witnessed by a community of believers}
    Truth of Allah Almighty.

Translated by google.
    Busy , new things always comes
    Its the time for personal life ,Still here from time to time, Greeting for everybody All .

Its easy way to capture the announces :-
    Tutorial how use SmartSniff to Capture announces for Bittorrent
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread