Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheating on AlphaOmega (AO)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12

Cheating on AlphaOmega (AO)

They are currently open but they will close their signups on 1.12.2010 (Link for signup)
    Tracker looks very promising and good so I think it'll become one of best trackers.

Have anyone cheated there already? Which tool/mood and how fast?
    Last edited by yodaddy; 29.11.10 at 19:04.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39473
    Is the tracker Gazelle-based? Yes
    Is the tracker called What.cd? No
    Therefore, cheating difficulty = Easy, most likely

Is the tracker open for signups? Yes
    Therefore, create a backup account
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

An0n (20.04.11)

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Is the tracker Gazelle-based? Yes
    Is the tracker called What.cd? No
    Therefore, cheating difficulty = Easy, most likely

Is the tracker open for signups? Yes
    Therefore, create a backup account
    I love this guy...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113
    its not even a month old and u already started cheating on it............futuristic...
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (11.12.10) , anon (30.11.10)

or foresighted...

I created about 6-7 accounts with all the cool names i could think of.... like characters from video games,gun names,movie names etc etc...

120 invites in my hands now... I feel terrible...

No not really...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113
    120 invites ..........may the wrath of bittorrent be upon u.......hehe...........just kidding
    so i will ask for an invite if this tracker goes to be another SCC

Edit: u'll be staff by then with 40000 invites
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39473
    Quote Originally Posted by hessler View Post
    its not even a month old and u already started cheating on it............futuristic...
    Agreed, is the tracker even worth cheating on right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    I created about 6-7 accounts with all the cool names i could think of....
    Seven accounts is more than enough, I think. You could give them away if you don't need some of them or don't like the tracker in the future, but be aware Gazelle was coded by the masters of data mining and retention, meaning they'll have your IP address logged.

Quote Originally Posted by hessler View Post
    so i will ask for an invite if this tracker goes to be another SCC
    The question is, can this place become the next SCC? And let's take the small hype sharky has created with his FSF article apart.

SCC has the huge advantage of having been created when it was created and having the things they have. Nowadays it's hard to keep a new 0-Day tracker afloat if you don't offer something others don't, and often even so.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I think also, and this is strictly my opinion, though some of you might agree to some point is that a lot of these upstart 0day trackers are up against the big boys like TL and TD and I'm sure even SeX, Everyone is well aware of the name a place like TL has made for itself. So I'm sure that some of these upstart 0day sites also realize this. But the other thing one also might want to consider is how many 0day sites do you really need??
    A dozen...??
    A dozen or so fairly good ones is probably a decent one.
    You could even have 0day sites that special in some torrent material of which I personally don't think exist as much or in number of in comparison to general 0day sites.
    Here's what I mean. Take for example Warez sites like 0daymusic or mucicore Forums that specialize in one category. IMHO, a site that specializes will ( or could) have a decent level of success pending any number of elements such as popularity issues amongst the site with it's user-base, quality of content, quickness of content availability, etc...etc... have an improved success rate over others that are new to torrent site build-ups.
    So let's take an 0day site like FileMP3, which I know doesn't have a great name for itself but nonetheless does specialize in one category.
    A site like that has been around for a fair amount of time, I believe.
    Years as a matter of fact.
    Sites build name for themselves.
    It takes some amount of torrent-site longevity, quality issues, user satisfaction levels, level of user-base usage of site, etc...etc...I think you do understand and might agree to some point with what I've mentioned here.

Anon mentions also the hype that FSF makes mention of sites like this. FSF has a history of making hype of some sites. Is that because a site like FSF have communication with this or that site whereby the administrator of some new site asks the editor of FSF to hype it up a bit for his site??
    We don't know...we can only speculate.
    There's no harm in it of/c because the end result is a growth in torrenting. But the other aspects of it are that once all this hype of Tracker ABC are made, people sign up like crazy reading all this super-hype that such'n such a tracker is going to be the next SCC or rival TL or rival What.CD or Waffles or what-ever....people become disapointed as time surpasses. They realize it's not as great as what the Admin for Tracker ABC had wanted it to be nor even what FSF had editorialized it to be. ....you get the idea??
    And yes, it might be a sad thing.
    But it's also reality, yes??

Take a place like SeX.
    What a bum place. '
    I let my account die and go to tracker heaven b/c I was pretty disappointed in the promotion component in it. I don't usually post in the trackers I'm a member of.

I usually stay pretty quiet on the site because I have to take into consideration posting character similarities between here and possibly there.
    Sure I could alter my posting characteristics but I don't feel like it.

But I didn't like the idea of being forced to post and comment as well as being required to have ONLY uploaded this amount and ONLY downloaded this amount in order to be promoted.
    I really didn't like that.
    So SeX was out the window.
    Last edited by SealLion; 01.12.10 at 02:42.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (01.12.10) , pimphead07 (01.12.10)

Heres a couple rules that seem a little strange to me, both are in the golden rules section.
    • One account per person per household/IP. Anyone creating additional accounts will be banned.
    • Be careful when sharing an IP or a computer with a friend if they have (or have had) an account. From then on your accounts will be inherently linked and if one of you violates the rules, both accounts will be disabled along with any other accounts linked by IP. This rule applies to logging into the site.
    Creating additional accounts is forbidden because only one should correspond to each household/ip but sharing an ip or computer isn't ?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39473
    Stock Gazelle golden rules. Ask the What.cd guys if that makes sense.

On the other side, they don't allow you to hold dupes, but yes to use someone else's computer to log in, even if he's a member. That sounds relatively sensible to me.
    Thanks

The first two accounts I created on there I did using the same IP , I then proceeded to logging into both with that IP . The accounts are still there.
    I noticed this in the wiki:
    Yes, the tracker is capable of following sessions from different IPs for the same user. A torrent is associated with the user when it starts, and only at that moment is the IP relevant. So if you want to seed/leech from computer A and computer B with the same account you should access the site from computer A, start the torrent there, and then repeat both steps from computer B (not limited to two computers or to a single torrent on each, this is just the simplest example). You do not need to login again when closing the torrent.
    I am guessing the way to check whether someones using a duplicate account is to grab the IP once you start a torrent and compare it to the IPs of other users , if they find a match and then also find that user has started a torrent and leeched/seeded with that IP its a duplicate account.
    If creating two accounts and logging in with the same IP didn't get me banned then starting a torrent with my second one should do it
    Last edited by theintervurt; 07.12.10 at 14:53.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39473
    Quote Originally Posted by theintervurt View Post
    I am guessing the way to check whether someones using a duplicate account is to grab the IP once you start a torrent and compare it to the IPs of other users , if they find a match and then also find that user has started a torrent and leeched/seeded with that IP its a duplicate account.
    IPs are logged when you log in, and Gazelle has a built-in dupe finder. Feel free to read the "What.cd Tracker Analysis" thread and see by yourself.
    Thanks

I have already read that thread but like I said my accounts haven't got banned so there must be another way for them to sort out who actually uses duplicate accounts and who is just sharing a computer with a friend.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39473
    Maybe they just haven't checked for dupes yet.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Maybe they just haven't checked for dupes yet.
    I hope that's not the case :/

Tested stopping before update today with RM and it doesn't seem to work, you still show up on the peerlist.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast