+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PC or XBOX?

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss296
    thanks sazzy, for writing the response that i didn't have time to because i was at work

one more point to add/expand on, alongside what you mentioned about pc games and hardware is that while it's possible to make things run at the highest res with high levels of anti aliasing and detail etc, it's really not in developer's interests to do that - the options are always there, but they wouldn't make any money at all, as the rich graphics whores who demand their games to run this way are not actually that common any more - despite what web forums would have you believe

(an example of this existing outside of the pc gaming world would be with gt5 on the ps3 - the 200 odd premium car models - the very highly details ones - were originally rendered at a much, much higher resolution than 1080p. this allows them to simply drop these 200 models into the next game on the next platform sony releases. they have the ability to create the models now, but they can't render them in game on the current tech. this will change with the next playstation. pc gamers potentially have the possibility of taking advantage of things such as this right here and now, but for a price, and the price is high.)
    Last edited by takomania; 09.05.11 at 23:20.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    id rather have a pc anyday free games (singleplayer) without modifications just get a xbox controller :)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    id rather have a pc anyday free games (singleplayer) without modifications just get a xbox controller :)
    Free games are overrated. To be honest, when you play a game, now-a-days it's because you want to play co-op or online. Single player just doesn't cut it anymore (most of the time, unless you don't have friends and hate other people) and this becomes rather obvious as designers these days spend way more time on the multiplayer side of the game. The single player usually feels like a "just because".

That being said, most games can't be played online (decently) when pirated. I believe it's a nice strategy to see if you like a game or not, but if you really want to play it, you will have to buy it in the end, both on pc and xbox, rendering that argument kind of pointless...
    Last edited by Sazzy; 11.05.11 at 22:12.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss14
    No device on earth can give the XBOX360 sensation.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss33
    PC by far has a wider range of control, but some games are even better with a 360 controller. PC still owns on graphics though !
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Dragon Fist
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss133
    We can be talking about hardware, diversity or tackle any other subject in the war against PC vs Consoles.
    My best suggestion is: ask your friends! because like somebody already pointed out the social aspect of gaming is what really counts.
    OR
    if you like sitting in a dark room, and being left a alone go into a showroom and test the two ( maybe some other console too, like PS3 ) and than choose the one that feels better.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9
    Go for xbox man, much more enjoyable when you play it tbh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman86 View Post
    PC by far has a wider range of control, but some games are even better with a 360 controller. PC still owns on graphics though !
    At least it used to be like that. Seeing as lately more and more PC games are an (often crappy) port of a console game, the graphics are on the same level as the console or lower :-( Only the pc-only games, like the witcher 2, have amazing graphics these days... And we all know pc-only games are rather scarse...
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

cheatos (26.08.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by hassanen9 View Post
    Go for xbox man, much more enjoyable when you play it tbh
    Each to his own. Maybe he doesn't want to. Maybe he doesn't have an XBox and all he's got is his PC.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

They are really different things... like comparing an apple to an orange. I'm all for PC.
    Some games work better on PC than on consoles and vice-versa. Like rts is obviously better on the PC.
    If you want a quick game with some friends, then xbox would be the choice
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent,mr,rm
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss233
    How can I play Warcraft and starcraft on xbox
    a/w I love kinect on xbox
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    IMHO consoles in general are more for the casual players... Playing Games with Friends on the couch. PC Gaming is more "hardcore" gaming. Also there are games that are terrible or even impossible on consoles, like shooters or RPG's.
    So for playing alone or online games i'd say a pc is way better, but for casual gaming with friends a console is probably the better choice.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironholder View Post
    IMHO consoles in general are more for the casual players... Playing Games with Friends on the couch. PC Gaming is more "hardcore" gaming. Also there are games that are terrible or even impossible on consoles, like shooters or RPG's.
    So for playing alone or online games i'd say a pc is way better, but for casual gaming with friends a console is probably the better choice.
    Don't really agree there. All I do on the xbox is play online. Playing alone/offline is too boring, imho. RPG's are THE perfect games to play with a controller though, so not too sure what you are talking about there. I do admit that shooters are more difficult on a console though, but impossible? No. Ever played Halo, Gears of War, Ghost Recon, ... on a console? If you play long enough that you get used to the controller, these are just f*cking amazing. I tried halo on the pc, it sucked greatly in comparison
    Last edited by Sazzy; 27.08.11 at 10:35.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Dragon Fist
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss133
    Shared opinions like always, but like +Sazzy tried to point out there are misconceptions that need to be dealt with when moving forward. Yes some shooters don't have the right feel on consoles but great titles like Modern Warfare play well on both platforms, and for example the Halo franchise is quite worse on the PC.
    Most action/RPGs also work well on consoles as I've played a bunch, even with the Xbox360 controller on the computer and the experience is great. All in all the XBox online experience has taken over almost all aspects of the gaming world with great success, though there are a few game types that might not ever make it to the consoles in their current form. Here I mention clasic RPGs/MMORPGs that demand the need for 10 or more keys or quick access to spells or tricks and RTSs that demand the many quick shortcuts.
    Again you must remember that even if the experience gets a slower pace due to the limited number of buttons on a controller ( no more quick keys in games) the online experience is against other people playing on the same console with the same controller.
    Never will you see PC vs XBox tournaments for games designed for the PC in the first place, as the PC players will get ahead every time due to a better and wider range of control when it comes to those games.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Userenity + Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss158
    Just ps3 CFW
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread