Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

There are too many to display.

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Wasn't changing the label and maybe restarting the torrent enough?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

I have no idea, that's why I asked. There is no way to tell in the application itself.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss4
    Can anyone confirm for me that using the default profile is suitable to use on what.cd without getting caught?

Also, it may be just me but when I exit uSerenity, most of the time the process remains running, then it hangs when I try to open it again so I have to end the process and start again.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss1
    Hello. I've been using uSerenity since it was first posted here and have been happy with the results. However, since updating to this version, certain functions do not seem to be working as they should, and I could use some help. Note that I have read every post in both this and the Features thread, but can't solve the problem.

Upon updating, I tried the .cfg file from the last version, but it didn't work properly, so I deleted and recreated all of my profiles/labels with the settings manager. Some worked, some didn't. After that, I deleted the settings manager and its .cfg file entirely, re-downloaded the program, and started over. And yes, I did save and load the new settings. Here's what's happened since that time:

Default - 90% of the time I appear as a leech, show no data movement, and ratio remains unaffected. The other 10%, it fails, counts my download against me, and it happens on more than one site, though not on every torrent. I'm not sure what is going wrong.

Normal - Works as described.

FakeSeed - I created this one myself. The intent is appear as a seeder without moving data. This has not worked since the previous version of uSerenity, but nothing in the settings is different. Settings: seeder=1, nodownload=1, noupload=1, nocorrupt=1, nocomplete=1, and unchecking all files in the torrent so as to download nothing. This should work, but I'm always shown as a leecher on the sites which should not be. Obviously, I'm shown as a downloader in uSerenity itself, but that's standard.

Ghost - Another personal creation that only works 90% of the time. Settings: leecher=1, nodownload=1, noupload=1, nocorrupt=1, nocomplete=1, start=1. This, too, worked flawlessly in the previous version, yet now has a 10% failure rate and happens at random.

I've not attempted to use my FakeUp settings, and probably won't until I can work out the kinks with the above settings.

Should I be unable to make this work as intended, can anyone instruct me on which of anon's Leecher Pack mods can accomplish the same basic things? I'm pretty sure I get the gist, but don't want to foul up.

System specs (not likely a contributing factor): Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Intel Core 2 Quad, 4GB RAM.

Thanks in advance for any assistance I may receive.

PS. Lotion's issue with the uSerenity process having to be killed manually happens to me regularly.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lotion View Post
    Can anyone confirm for me that using the default profile is suitable to use on what.cd without getting caught?

Also, it may be just me but when I exit uSerenity, most of the time the process remains running, then it hangs when I try to open it again so I have to end the process and start again.
    default mode is stealth mode and I would say it's generally unsafe. I can't wrap my head around why it was made "Default" in the first place...some sort of bad joke perhaps...
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Lotion (07.12.10)

I haven't tried it personally but I hear ghostleeching (thats what the default profile means) will get you banned from what.cd...

Where do u exit userenity from? the taskbar right?

Yes,in my system too the process remains running for a short while after I exit...but only for 10 seconds or so...
    Wait,is all i can say,....

---------- Post added at 04:48 ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by empiredesign View Post
    default mode is stealth mode and I would say it's generally unsafe. I can't wrap my head around why it was made "Default" in the first place...some sort of bad joke perhaps...
    No no cmon....nobody wants to joke around here...
    Although I do agree that "default" mode should be "normal" and vice versa...
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

Lotion (07.12.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss4
    Thanks for the replies empire and resurrection :)
    So if stealth/ghostleeching isn't safe, I take it that the way to go is to only use the upload multiplier? and have everything else reported?
    Only problem I have there is I'm not doing any uploading because there is too many seeders compared to leechers and I'm on a very slow connection. So it would really be multiplying by 0?

My question is, is it safe to use Fake Upload when their are 0 peers connected? I can't think of any other solutions for my situation

Thanks for the help and sorry for being a noob :)
    Thanks

My question is, is it safe to use Fake Upload when their are 0 peers connected? I can't think of any other solutions for my situation
    What do you mean 0 peers connected?How can you use fake upload if you aren't connected to anybody?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss4
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    What do you mean 0 peers connected?How can you use fake upload if you aren't connected to anybody?
    uSerenity gives you the option to use Fake Upload when there are 0 peers connected. For me that's 99.9% of the time, but I doubt it's safe.
    Thanks

uSerenity gives you the option to use Fake Upload when there are 0 peers connected. For me that's 99.9% of the time, but I doubt it's safe.
    How can you download anything from a tracker if you aren't connected to any peers?You have to connect to somebody,right?

I don't understand what you mean by peers? do you mean to say 'leechers'??
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss4
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    How can you download anything from a tracker if you aren't connected to any peers?You have to connect to somebody,right?

I don't understand what you mean by peers? do you mean to say 'leechers'??
    Yes leechers. But the settings manager seems to be using the word peers instead of leechers. Sorry
    Thanks

Yes leechers. But the settings manager seems to be using the word peers instead of leechers. Sorry
    Always pick a torrent with some leechers....

On a high level tracker,fake uploading on a torrent with 0 leechers is not recommended...

I suggest you to keep the number greater than 0 at all times...

---------- Post added at 06:06 ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 ----------

Hey read this brother

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=21805
    Thanks

P2P Client
    mRatio
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss566
    Any update for Build 23235 ?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Not at all. I suggest you search, find the What.cd thread, and read on what does work.

Another user reported the same, also. Do you happen to have many torrents running?

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Should I be unable to make this work as intended, can anyone instruct me on which of anon's Leecher Pack mods can accomplish the same basic things? I'm pretty sure I get the gist, but don't want to foul up.
    NoComplete_NoReport-Seeder and NoComplete_NoReport-Leecher would be the equivalents of your FakeSeed and Ghost profiles, respectively. This mod is much better than my pack, though, so you may want to wait and check Owyn's words on the matter.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590
    I've experienced the same issue with uSerenity hanging. In those instances, I haven't had many torrents in uS. However, I had many torrents in uT. This has and still is an occuring problem for a while now.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast