+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Google Chrome 8 stable will be launched before the Halloween

Google Chrome 8 stable will be launched before the Halloween

Dose Google Chrome 8 stable will be launched before the Halloween? - internet explorer 9 download, descargar internet explorer 9, internet explorer 9 beta

October 15, 2010 -- Google launched the latest version of Google Chrome 8. Its specific version is 8.0.522.0 dev, that is Google Chrome 8.0.522.0 DEV. This Chrome 8 has great improvements and adds many new features.

As we all know that Google Chrome browser has many versions, such as Google Chrome stable, Google Chrome Canary, Google Chrome Dev. You know that the Chrome 7 final has not been released, but the Chrome 8 is launched. Here we will look at some new fetures in Google Chrome 8.

1. The Hardware Acceleration
    Full Hardware acceleration is the most important function in Chrome. Internet Explore 9 promote this technology first, then Firefox, Opera make a big improvement in it.

2. WebGL
    There is a new web standard derived by Mozilla and Google, which support WebGL and located 3D API. Chrome 8 will continue to develop WebGL standards.

3. Chrome Instant
    In the Chromium for Windows, Chrome Instant has been added to Google search. This Chrome Instant features exactly open to Mac an Linux.

4. The Remote Processing
    Remote Processing allows users to open applications remotely.

5. Cloud Print
    Cloud Print supports all types of printers and users do not need to install the printer driver. Without installing any print drivers, users can sent document to any printer by desktop and mobile applications.

But it is said that the Hardware Acceleration may be realized in Google Chrome 9. And it is known that Google launches a new version of Chrome per week. Maybe Google Chrome 8 final will be release before Halloween as a gift for users.

More information can be found online at Google Chrome 8 free download - Google Chrome 8 adds new features, Chrome 8 for PC, MAC, Linux

------------

Chrome development moves at lightning pace. While the official final release is still on version 6, developers have already wrapped up plans for version 7, which can be expected to be made an official release in the next month or so.

The primary focus for Chrome 8 is on cloud-based services, probably with Google's Chrome OS imminent release in mind.

Google Chrome has added a host of features this time around ...

But good enough to make me leave FF??Not at the moment...I love my add-ons too much...
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

pimphead07 (19.10.10)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss113
    no offence but i am a firefox fan
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µ
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss773
    same here. FF is the best!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µTorrent with µ*****
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss143
    I moved. Google Chrome 7 final has been released today and the beta is version 8 now.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    But good enough to make me leave FF??Not at the moment...I love my add-ons too much...
    Yes, I like my add-ons too. I also favor FF; however, my brother, for some uncanny reason likes Chrome. But there is one thing that I find not that great about FF and that is re: the slow load up times with the extensions installed of which I know there are a lot of good ones that I can't seem to do without, yes??
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    same for me. and most important, i don't want google to spy on me
    if i would consider a switch i would only take iron but never the thing from google directly.
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (20.10.10)

P2P Client
    µTorrent with µ*****
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss143
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    same for me. and most important, i don't want google to spy on me
    if i would consider a switch i would only take iron but never the thing from google directly.
    chromium is the open source project before the google touch you can just use that, same thing as chrome.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (20.10.10)

P2P Client
    µtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss15
    Hmm im working here on FF 4 Beta and it's awesome I used Chrome for some months but didn't liked it
    and how the others said FF has a good variation of add-ons
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µTorrent with µ*****
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss143
    Quote Originally Posted by miinimaL View Post
    Hmm im working here on FF 4 Beta and it's awesome I used Chrome for some months but didn't liked it
    and how the others said FF has a good variation of add-ons
    Only addons i really use in FF is Adblocker , firebug.
    Since Chrome already provides that too im better with chrome, since is faster and i like the sync with google account (firefox has a similiar feature but i prefer it be with my google account).
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by miinimaL View Post
    FF has a good variation of add-ons
    i'd rather say the selection of addons is impressive

Quote Originally Posted by cheatuga View Post
    Only addons i really use in FF is Adblocker , firebug.
    sure then you have a choice.

however, as long as chrome and opera don't increase the plugin count vastly i don't see them rule
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

Gapo (20.10.10)

P2P Client
    SBI Toxic
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss266
    I still do not understand what is the fuzz about add-ons. I have NEVER used them, in fact, I tried some, and found them either useless, annoying or too resource-intensive for what they were made for. I mean, come on! a bar to search youtube? a clock? an add on to change the format of a page? 45mb of ram each?
    I've been using Opera since 2002 and I NEVER used a single add on, just the flashblock userscript.
    I recently started using Chrome (SR Iron) and I still don't need add ons except for the Flashblock thingy.
    I really can't put on my mind how people are HAPPY to have an unfinsihed, not-ready, feature poor browser that needs YOU to ADD FEATURES INDIVIDUALLY as add ons.
    On top of that, FF is half as fast as Opera, and a third as fast as Chrome.
    It makes no sense to me.
    The ONLY add on I have used is Firebug, at work, because I need it to perform some tests. So as you can see, I am talking as both a user and someone that may require some developer tools, and I still do not see why someone would like/need add ons.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by desodorante View Post
    I still do not see why someone would like/need add ons.
    looking at the huge variety of addons it's hard to believe somebody could not understand their purpose. reading your post even leaves the impression you wouldn't understand the sense of plugins at all.

it's also hard to believe that you never saw the need for a feature that the default browser dösn't provide or at least could relate to such a situation.

that aside the speed comparisons you stated are wrong. at least looking at current tests opera and chrome are fast but not 3 times faster than the mozilla products.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by desodorante
    I really can't put on my mind how people are HAPPY to have an unfinsihed, not-ready, feature poor browser that needs YOU to ADD FEATURES INDIVIDUALLY as add ons.
    compare it to an OS, it also cannot offer every utility one may want/need or those that are offered may not be sufficient/adequate for certain users - thats why its better to have a system that allows for free choice of these apps/utilities/add-ons, otherwise one may expect unnecessary OS/browser bloating by default with questionable usefulness, not to mention that this process reduces quality/attention/time towards their supposed main objective (to create a robust, stable, efficient, expandable, goal-oriented software/platform)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SBI Toxic
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss266
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    looking at the huge variety of addons it's hard to believe somebody could not understand their purpose. reading your post even leaves the impression you wouldn't understand the sense of plugins at all.

it's also hard to believe that you never saw the need for a feature that the default browser doesn't provide or at least could relate to such a situation.

that aside the speed comparisons you stated are wrong. at least looking at current tests opera and chrome are fast but not 3 times faster than the mozilla products.
    Ok maybe I was too energetic in my previous statements. I meant to say that add ons should be, as you said, something to provide the user with alternatives, or a very specific feature (like a toolbar for an specific site); but claiming a browser is the best because you can choose between a million add ons to add the features that the browser lacks seems pretty silly to me.
    It's liking being happy about being sold a car from a manufacturer that does not include wheels, because there is a million wheels in the market to choose from!
    On top of that, it really bothers me that a superior product like Opera is ditched on the claim that it has no add-on support, even when they are not necessary for most users.
    You are right about the speed, 3 times was totally out of proportion.

compare it to an OS, it also cannot offer every utility one may want/need or those that are offered may not be sufficient/adequate for certain users - thats why its better to have a system that allows for free choice of these apps/utilities/add-ons, otherwise one may expect unnecessary OS/browser bloating by default with questionable usefulness, not to mention that this process reduces quality/attention/time towards their supposed main objective (to create a robust, stable, efficient, expandable, goal-oriented software/platform)
    Right, but you can't compare an OS with a browser, and when it comes about bloated software, neither Opera or SR Iron are the case.
    I've said this before, and I'll say it again: I had a Pentium I 233mhz till late 2005. It had a SM56 Winmodem. While IE, FF and Netscape were impossible to use (IE crashed the entire system in some pages), Opera simply worked blazing fast, twice as fast and offered me all I ever needed.

I am sorry if my previous post came out harsh :(
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by desodorante View Post
    Ok maybe I was too energetic in my previous statements. I meant to say that add ons should be, as you said, something to provide the user with alternatives, or a very specific feature (like a toolbar for an specific site); but claiming a browser is the best because you can choose between a million add ons to add the features that the browser lacks seems pretty silly to me.
    why?
    there are so many things not all users might want and integrating all that by default would make every app huge and completely overloaded. that's the very reason for plugins in general.

On top of that, it really bothers me that a superior product like Opera is ditched on the claim that it has no add-on support, even when they are not necessary for most users.
    maybe not necessary but nice to have anyway.
    it's like a tv. you don't "need" one but having one is nicer
    and yes, the number of plugins is a major aspect of every app. even an os like slikrapid stated.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread