Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

There are too many to display.

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by NEWMEN View Post
    I'm having trouble getting fakeupload to work. I set it between 40 - 50 KB/s with at least 2 connected peers. But it doesn't look to be uploading that amount.
    Where does it not seem to be uploading at that speed, NEWMEN?

Does utorrents global upload cap also cap the fakeupload?
    I don't think so.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss21
    I have the same problem of NEWMEN! My real up speed reaches 1,2Mb/s so I usually stay under this value, but If I put a number between 10 and 100Kb or, like him, 40-50 with 5-6 files leeched, it doesn't upload anything. The tracker says I'm connected (no problems with portforwarding), but after 1 hour it shows 0Kb sent. I have winxp sp3. I don't know which could be the problem, because other clients work flawless!
    Thanks

Guest Coder
    P2P Client
    uSerenity
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss478
    you can allways use debug version with logging and see what you'r doing wrong. http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=23731
    信心正気宇裁
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

l0cke (25.01.11)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss5
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Where does it not seem to be uploading at that speed, NEWMEN?

I don't think so.
    I'm using this version because it is accepted through all the torrent sites I'm registered to. I also like this version the best.

I have realized you can watch uSerenity working in the Upload Stats under the "General" tab for the torrent in question. It shows Upload Average and Uploaded Amount. Also the torrent site I'm using reflect the exact information as seen under Upload Stats in uSerenity.

My problem is, Fake Upload does not upload any amount, it's just zero. But thats only when I set an amount for "Peers Connected". After some tinkering, It Fake Uploaded within the range I set (40-50KB/s) when "peers connected" is set to zero. But it's not an ideal setting because if left unattended, I'd be banned if there are no leechers and I'm still uploading.

And also, the Upload Multiplier isn't working as well. I have a profile where it is just the Upload Multiplier that is checked, and nothing else. And I set it to the range of 1000 and 2000 as a test on public torrents. It's at such a high amount so I can see it's progress immediately in uSerenity. The test showed that the Upload Multiplier wasn't being utilized.

I would use the debug, but I'm paranoid that switching around clients will look suspicious. Hope the more detailed information I provided can help you further assess my problem. If not, I'll try the debug.
    Thanks

Guest Coder
    P2P Client
    uSerenity
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss478
    I'm using this version because it is accepted through all the torrent sites I'm registered to. I also like this version the best.

I have realized you can watch uSerenity working in the Upload Stats under the "General" tab for the torrent in question. It shows Upload Average and Uploaded Amount. Also the torrent site I'm using reflect the exact information as seen under Upload Stats in uSerenity.

My problem is, Fake Upload does not upload any amount, it's just zero. But thats only when I set an amount for "Peers Connected". After some tinkering, It Fake Uploaded within the range I set (40-50KB/s) when "peers connected" is set to zero. But it's not an ideal setting because if left unattended, I'd be banned if there are no leechers and I'm still uploading.

And also, the Upload Multiplier isn't working as well. I have a profile where it is just the Upload Multiplier that is checked, and nothing else. And I set it to the range of 1000 and 2000 as a test on public torrents. It's at such a high amount so I can see it's progress immediately in uSerenity. The test showed that the Upload Multiplier wasn't being utilized.

I would use the debug, but I'm paranoid that switching around clients will look suspicious. Hope the more detailed information I provided can help you further assess my problem. If not, I'll try the debug.
    well if you see, newer versions of uSerenity comes with fixes and improvements while older ones being left untouched and with all the bugs

"Peers Connected" - is internal stat of uTorrent for connected peers, it's not the uSerenity who calculates how many connected peers there are.

if you just switch to newer version, there should be no suspicions.
    信心正気宇裁
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss5
    Quote Originally Posted by Owyn View Post
    well if you see, newer versions of uSerenity comes with fixes and improvements while older ones being left untouched and with all the bugs

"Peers Connected" - is internal stat of uTorrent for connected peers, it's not the uSerenity who calculates how many connected peers there are.

if you just switch to newer version, there should be no suspicions.
    I have seen those. I've read the change logs as well, and it doesn't mention any fixes that relate to my problem. But I guess I'll try out the newer one to see if it helps.

I do realize that uSerenity is really just a modded utorrent. So that it allows the uSerenity dll to hook into it and modify announces and such.

When I mention "Peers Connected" I'm refering to the uSerenity Manager settings under "Fakeupload". Where it fully says "if there are at least [X] peers connected". From what I read, it's supposed to stop/start the fake upload if those requirements aren't met. But that's not happening for me.

Also, is it possible to use the .dll and the new uSerenity manager with the current utorrent/userenity that i'm currently using now? or would it be incompatible?
    Last edited by NEWMEN; 27.01.11 at 02:14.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    In case the new version doesn't solve your problem: you can always install the debug build separately and test it in an easily-accessible tracker you don't care about, for example ILT.
    Thanks

Guest Coder
    P2P Client
    uSerenity
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss478
    Also, is it possible to use the .dll and the new uSerenity manager with the current utorrent/userenity that i'm currently using now? or would it be incompatible?
    it would be incompatible, each dll is configured to exact uTorrent version.
    信心正気宇裁
    Thanks

theTurk

peers does not always count

This issue got my attention too... Then I noticed even 100 peers are connected , if there is no upload on the upload speed column of peers tab userenity (actually utorrent) does not count those peers as connected. So they must actually download from you at that moment. Try another torrent with more leechers and less seeders.

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss5
    Well. I finally found the settings that work for me best. Looks like I'll just stick with the one I've been using. Since I'm getting same results from the newest one. Like "theTurk" said, the peers only seem to count when they're actually downloading from you. I've actually saw it work but it takes a long time to work and it doesn't work at all if its with a torrent with little leechers and lots of seeders.

Thanks for the help and thanks for uSerenity.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Well. I finally found the settings that work for me best. Looks like I'll just stick with the one I've been using. Since I'm getting same results from the newest one.
    If the issue persists on both you could at least upgrade and enjoy the new (official) uTorrent bugfixes.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss5
    The new utorrent is ugly and cluttered, IMHO. utorrent started going in the wrong direction after it was aquired by bittorrent.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    The new utorrent is ugly and cluttered, IMHO. utorrent started going in the wrong direction after it was aquired by bittorrent.
    Partially agreed, these days uT has a lot of pretty useless features (apps, search, streaming), but the switch from a single developer to a team of knowledgeable coders has also improved the positive aspects. For example uTP, and all the new features.

Anyway, sadly, they don't have any intention of changing the UI back to how it was on 2.0.x, so we'll just have to live with it. I thought 1.8 was ugly bad when it was launched, but eventually got used to it. Probably the same now.
    Thanks

shoao
    Great work.

Will there be serenity versions of 2.0.4 22967 or 2.2 23774 ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567