+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This AD will make you smile...

This AD will make you smile...

I really really wish the mods don't merge this with some other threads coz this AD is a masterpiece...

When you get it for the first time,tell me how you reacted...

Spoiler Awards:
    The advert was also a winner at the International Advertising Festival in Cannes this year, picking up the Golden Lion award.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Mihai (13.10.10) , Vation (13.10.10) , slikrapid (08.10.10) , Yuppy (08.10.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    whats there to get?

its an ad against individualism (its weird, its lonely, its not 'harmonized', as if fulfillment comes from learning how to be a societal puppet or as if human potential can only be unfolded within existing molds) made by some corporation/company (cooperating with the government, in this case the german one) that promotes the so called 'green' energy, in this case wind energy (which is nothing more than a costly industrial scam to extract more money from people, while making them 'feel better' about themselves concerning environment), not to mention how both of these elements fit well within the current 'new age' global propaganda
    Thanks

What makes this ad great is the layers which are presented to the viewer which are not apparent until one gets it...

I completely disagree about the individualism part...What the actor says,how he behaves is in sync with how W was perceived to be earlier.People really thought of it as a nuisance....Until a company decided to harness its energies the right way...

I can't believe you think organizations trying to turn green are scamming people...
    Thanks

Everything has different points of view, but it seems like slik always tends to pick out the bad (yet often unintended) side of things .

As far as I'm concerned, it's more about making it obvious that things need to change. (And they do) While at first it seemed like the guy had to change because he's a d*ck (before it was clear what was going on), it later turned out that it's us that need to change the way that we think about stuff. Instead of hating the wind and wishing it was gone, we could use it to make energy rather than use energy that gets the Earth in an even worse state. I know most people, including myself, don't generally think about it and just live on a day to day basis when energy is concerned. I know I'm happy as long as my car is full of fuel... I know I rather keep my pc turned on all day and night than having to turn it off and wait while it's starting up again later... This movie is all about making you think about that, and in my case the makers completely got what they wanted.

PS: It's often been said that we have to change the way we produce energy drastically over the next years before the environment completely changes. Of course green energy is more expensive. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be using the means we're using today. Nobody is thinking "let's use the more expensive fuel so we can destroy the environment". So it's pretty obvious that green energy is more expensive. I wouldn't go as far as calling it a scam though... This is not about cost, it's about keeping the planet we live on habitable and things like that just cost more (both money and effort) than just doing whatever you want.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 08.10.10 at 18:51.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss102
    This is rather funny lol
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    @Resurrection:

w=wind but can also be w=world, it's clever symbolism that can be viewed in many ways, i see you prefer the former:

What the actor says,how he behaves is in sync with how W was perceived to be earlier.People really thought of it as a nuisance...Until a company decided to harness its energies the right way...
    thats nonsense, its no different than the effects of sunlight or rain or whathaveyou on people, it depends on fi. the human mood or usefulness of the weather effect at that moment on how its going to be temporarily perceived (wind isn't a nuisance when its warm and there comes a cooling breeze), also the wind is necessary for life on this planet, regardless of how someone feels about it

I can't believe you think organizations trying to turn green are scamming people...
    why not? its not the first time they try to spin things how it suits them, thats why they spend so much on marketing, to influence/control human behavior and opinions, to sell their stuff and profit from it, over and over again

@Sazzy:

seems like slik always tends to pick out the bad (yet often unintended) side of things
    could it be that people are just too used to see 'the good' so that the other side(s) get easily disregarded?

it's more about making it obvious that things need to change.
    things change all the time, whether one wants it or not, but they can also be steered concerning which way they change (internally & externally)

Instead of hating the wind and wishing it was gone, we should use it rather than energy that gets the Earth in an even worse state.
    its not about the energy or its origins (oil is a natural resource just as the wind), but the question is who exactly is causing pollution on a massive scale - the answer is industry & corporations (the same ones with the shiny ads)

so who is allowing them to get away with it? the governments or the ruling system

It's often been said that we have to change the way we produce energy drastically over the next years before the environment completely changes.
    these warnings have been around for decades, yet they have a nasty habit of being wrong or based upon false data - the key ingredient is creating fear/panic and a sense of urgency, a state in which people don't think or ask questions, instead they double the pace in following the shepherd authorities

Of course green energy is more expensive. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be using the means we're using today.
    every source of energy and its conversion into usable application is expensive until it gets perfected during time and gains a substantial consumer base - the question is why would the governmental research institutions choose to neglect solar/wind & co. for such a long time - the answer is because of industrial lobby and their donations, they steer the research or its emphasized areas

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a scam though..
    scams:
    - global warming (now called climate change)
    - CO2 connection (al gore 'hockey stick'), methane connection, sea/ocean level connection
    - carbon footprint & related taxes
    - oil scarcity (peak oil)
    - human cause of it all

notice also how all of this is pushed on a global scale with UN/EU/environmentalist/media organizations supporting it, suppressing dissenting information & opinion - its not just a scam, its a fraudulent attempt to steer a massive change of technology/opinions/beliefs/society, truly a creation of a 'new age' (new world order) under the 'green banner' (among many others), yet still ruled by the old elite...
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (15.10.10) , Vation (13.10.10)

Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid
    could it be that people are just too used to see 'the good' so that the other side(s) get easily disregarded?
    Could it be that you've become so obsessed with pointing out 'the other side' that you've stopped taking things at face value...

Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche
    Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Could it be that you've become so obsessed with pointing out 'the other side' that you've stopped taking things at face value...
    notice though that i did take your previous posts at face value

Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted - Aldous Huxley
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Everything has different points of view, but it seems like slik always tends to pick out the bad (yet often unintended) side of things .

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Slik has always had an alternate perspective that I've always appreciated. I've always admired and most strongly have respected his points of view.

Slik has, in my opinion, a propensity to make known points of view that aren't always readily accepted by people....at least not yet.

I personally don't find slik's view points negative. More often than not, I find them more truthful if anything else.

But then again, that's why this is a forum with an international membership base with a wide range of opinions on any number of topics, yes??
    Last edited by SealLion; 09.10.10 at 12:00.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (15.10.10) , slikrapid (09.10.10)

P2P Client
    µtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss15
    In the beginning I laughed, but later I wondered what is it? And then Wind energy cool advertisment
    Thanks

I certainly did not want a discussion on individualism or new age global propaganda when I posted the video...

I just wanted to celebrate the creativity and the innovation of the idea.When I first saw it,I thought this really was the best ad I'd seen in a long LONG time...

"sure it get's lonely, but you get used to it" - such a sad part. There are lots of directors/producers/writers that could learn a lot from whoever made this in how to get viewers to care about the characters. They evoked the emotion in 2 minutes that some directors never accomplish through many feature films.

Bravo.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    I just wanted to celebrate the creativity and the innovation of the idea.
    the resulting ad is certainly well done, but its message(s) are definitely deceptive

There are lots of directors/producers/writers that could learn a lot from whoever made this in how to get viewers to care about the characters. They evoked the emotion in 2 minutes that some directors never accomplish through many feature films.
    its not the work of one person but a team of people, either by the company marketing team or by a hired specialized designer company - this area of business is by no means a trivial one, these people study & apply psychology/sociology, behavioral study/programming, combining entertainment (on the surface) and hidden messages that affect the viewers on multiple levels (rational/emotional/subconscious), provoking desired attitude/beliefs/feelings/behavior, as you yourself experienced - the ads are just a part of it, as the audio-visual result, fi. there are companies who solely focus on scent, combining them and trying to get a formula that suits the needs of their contractors (like asking the question: what kind of scent/odor should be used for a certain area of the shopping department/boutique in order to stimulate the consumer) - these methods increase chances of selling in the near future and human/customer attitudes for the far future
    as said once before:

Quote Originally Posted by myself
    thats why they spend so much on marketing, to influence/control human behavior and opinions, to sell their stuff and profit from it, over and over again
    Thanks

P2P Client
    several
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss565
    Watching this advertisement was a pleasant experience. But it might be as true as the rest.

Green Energy is Green only when in use, but it's overall costs are greater than coal or nuclear which are very effective and due to that ecological.
    Cost to manufacture windmill is very high it's life time short. How much energy and money is wasted to manufacture it, how much pollution?
    look at:
    http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf02.html
    Comparing Energy Costs of Nuclear, Coal, Gas, Wind and Solar
    And tell what is green about green energy, green dollars?
    It is propaganda just like the new generation of bulbs in UE, Fluorescent lamps are Expensive with short life time if frequently turned on/off and if broken highly toxic. But yes much better than wolfram light bulbs.

Green means cheap.

Personally I've got a problem with slickrapid because of having similar point of view in many fields...
    Last edited by Vation; 13.10.10 at 18:04.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread