+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DMT (DSL-Modem Tool) for aDSL line, modem management and advanced tweaking

P2P Client
    SBI Toxic
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss266
    Quote Originally Posted by Vation View Post
    cfospeed is most probably not affecting your modem(since you are connected via Ethernet with it. It gives you any modem info or anything? - You may even uninstall it to check if your connection would work faster without it!

edit:
    Abolutely agree with desodorante about CFosSpeed crapyness, just thought it is a crap at the same moment he did.

edit2: desodorante what is your modem brand/model? This soft i linked for yoco may or most likely will not work only for shdsl emx modem.

DMT is in English language, routing should not be a great problem.
    Thanks Vation! :)
    I have a ZTE 831 modem/router (I don't think I can access the bastard, never tried really, the ISP usually puts a user/password)
    It is connected to a Dlink DIR-600 Router.
    I have a 3mb connection and usually download @385kb/s. Sometimes I get 1mb (depending on the ISP's freewill). Not sure how much room is there for improvement.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    several
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss565

ZTE 831

Most likely ZTE 831's IP is
    http://192.168.1.1
    or
    http://192.168.0.1

try
    login/password
    admin/admin
    DSL/expert03
    ZXDSL/ZXDSL
    admin/pass

or you may try telnet if http will not respond.

Also you may try unpluging modem from adsl line and router, connect it directly to PC to check.

how to access page 1 to page 5:
    ZTE 831 Series

Funny thing i have not found DMT version for it. But there can be things you might want to mess with isnide of ZTE 831 config.
    Last edited by Vation; 08.10.10 at 16:43.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SBI Toxic
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss266
    Funny thing i have not found DMT version for it. But there can be things you might want to mess with isnide of ZTE 831 config.
    Nice info! 192.168.0.1 is my Router's IP, will try 192.168.0.1 today. I seriously doubt I can use the default password, local ISPs not only put a password for them, they actually own the equipment (if I end the contract I have to return it) so I am not in the mood for fooling around with it.
    But I will definitely like to see the admin panel
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Vation (08.10.10)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    To check your local IP address
    1 press Win+R
    2 type cmd and press enter
    3 type ipconfig and press enter
    4 look for Ethernet adapter and check IP address and gateway IP address
    IP 192.168.1.1
    Gateway 192.168.1.1

So now what?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    several
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss565
    You got router besides this modem?
    Tour IP is gateway ip =odd. Or there is another adapter - ipconfig all
    Have you tried:
    Maybe this program (little chance) will provide EMX-NT1 modem info:
    http://www.webtemp.org/download.php?f=sm50b.zip
    If it does not work(assuming you have no router there is no utility for your modem.

Just you may uninstall CFosSpeed to see if internet connection speeds without it are faster/more reliable.

And assuming there is no router it is end of the story.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    There is only this modem!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    9/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39458
    Quote Originally Posted by desodorante View Post
    I seriously doubt I can use the default password, local ISPs not only put a password for them
    I assume that if you reset the router, the configuration that allows you to connect also goes boom, and you have to take it back to your ISP for it to be reprogrammed? (I never had DSL because you also have to digitalize your phone line, and when the connection stops working the provider and phone company will blame each other)
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    several
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss565
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I assume that if you reset the router, the configuration that allows you to connect also goes boom, and you have to take it back to your ISP for it to be reprogrammed? (I never had DSL because you also have to digitalize your phone line, and when the connection stops working the provider and phone company will blame each other)
    Most of isps by the hotlines and official sites inform how to configure adsl modems, just auth login/ pass are unique.
    Login/pass is usually in contract info.
    Last edited by Vation; 08.10.10 at 22:50.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Vation, so should I try this DMT tool?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    several
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss565
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    Vation, so should I try this DMT tool?
    As i said before none of DMT versions supports your modem - checked it. There is similiar application to that might work - slight chances but costs nothing to try:
    Maybe this program (little chance) will provide EMX-NT1 modem info:
    http://www.webtemp.org/download.php?f=sm50b.zip
    And judging by your networking skills this is it.

As desodorante (and I) said CFosSpeed can mess and slow down system so it is better to remove it. CFosSpeed could be (or maybe it is not) responsible for your slow YouTube performance, there is nothing more to say.
    Last edited by Vation; 12.10.10 at 21:34.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (12.10.10)

P2P Client
    SBI Toxic
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss266
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I honestly don't know about reseting.
    About DSL (well, ADSL ): That "digitalization" is a scam. ALL the lines in the city and its surronundings (I would even dare to say all the lines in the Country) ARE digital since the mid 90's. Analog equipment is long gone, I even remember trying a black box around 2000-2001 in the hope that I will have a free line to surf.
    I moved from my parents' a year ago and cut off Speedy (for the rest it is the main DSL ISP along with the leading Phone company here) and had no issues whatsoever. I just called them, pretending to be my father and said my son was moving away and I did not know how to use the computer.
    They call him from time to time with "Special Offers", but that's all.
    They got a cable line afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Vation
    Most of isps by the hotlines and official sites inform how to configure adsl modems, just auth login/ pass are unique.
    Login/pass is usually in contract info.
    Unfortunately the Telcos in my country simply do whatever they want, since the government sold the State phone company for loose change (that is for the state, not for the governors) and a duopoly was created. To make it all worst, one of the companies routes ALL of the ISPs.
    That said you will understand why I hired the service over the phone, with no contract of any sort. Going to one of their customer service offices won't get me anything but excuses from a union worker that doesn't even try to pretend he works (And they have a very strong labor union)
    Hotlines are usually helpful if you just get the guy that still cares about people after working for less than minimum wage (been there, done that...for 3 years) but most are either too frustrated or just don't know what a modem is.
    The ISP site barely has information, just prices and an overview of what you get with no further details (as in legal details).
    They can't even tell you what modem you will get (you have to pay it or return it if you end up the "contract") and on top of it, most modems are used (returned)

To sum up I don't want to hack into the modem in any way, specially because I will be moving soon and do not want to have trouble ending the service.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

anon (13.10.10) , Vation (13.10.10)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12