Steam (online)
    Platform(s) Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, PlayStation Portable, iOS
    Release date(s) 29 October 2010
    Genre(s) Sports, Simulation
    Mode(s) Single-player, Multiplayer
    Rating(s) PEGI: 3
    Media Download, DVD

Spoiler Click ->:
    LONDON (August 11th, 2010) – Sports Interactive & SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that Football Manager™ 2011 for PC and Apple Macintosh, and Football Manager Handheld™ 2011 for Sony PlayStation® Portable will be released before Christmas 2010. FM2011 will feature more new features than ever before, including real-time contract negotiation, a revamped training system and a number of match engine improvements, Football Manager 2011 will once again raise the bar for football management games.

Football Manager 2011 is the latest iteration of the award-winning Football Manager series. Selling in excess of 6 Million copies worldwide, Football Manager has been topping the UK PC charts for the last five years.

Football Manager 2011 will be more polished than ever this year, and Sports Interactive will again set a new standard for the genre by adding a host of new features. For the first time ever, aspiring managers can now negotiate contracts with players in real time. And by working with a multitude of real-life football agents, Sports Interactive gained an insight as to how these negotiations can be made as realistic as possible in-game. Prepare to meet different types of agents in your contract talks; each with their own personality so will therefore need a different approach.

“At Sports Interactive, we always strive to give the end-user the best experience possible,” said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive. “The training system for example has always been the best we thought it could be, until now. We’ve found a way to make it even better!”

With the implementation of the most intuitive training system in the series history, there is a new “match preparation” area of training so that managers can give their team specific areas to focus on in the lead up to a match. There are also more basic training schedules for players, and 14 different individual skill areas that you can focus your players
    on.

Interaction with players, staff and the board have gone to a whole new level, with a host of new boardroom and backroom requests, a new player interaction module that allows the manager to have private conversations with players, as well as public conversations regarding players at other clubs.

Two years after the launch of the 3D Match Engine, players will see a number of improvements implemented for this year’s release. With over 100 new animations added, as well as more player emotions, new player models, new stadiums, pitch textures, improved lighting, floodlit night matches, more goal celebrations and lots of other extras which improve what was already the best match simulation on the market.

The other new features announced today include a revamped media module, which will keep the managers better up to date with events going on in their football world, as well as being more customisable than ever before, and the most requested feature that the Sports Interactive community have asked for in the last few years, dynamic league reputation, which makes for an even more realistic model of the footballing world.

Further new features will be announced via Twitter (@si_games), Facebook, a series of blogs and the popular Football Manager Podcast in the months leading up to the game’s release. With more new features than anyone could ever fit in a press release, Football Manager will retain its position as the most realistic, most played, annually best selling, and highest reviewed football management simulation in the world.

Football Manager Handheld 2011 will also be available for release this year on PSP, including improvements in the tactics screen, a completely new skin, the updated database and improved match graphics.

For further information please go to:

Sports Interactive - The developers of the Football Manager series

Football Manager? 2011

Football Manager | Facebook

A review I read online recently

Spoiler Click ->:
    As the Premier League begins this weekend, football fans across the country will finally see whether their manager’s transfer dealings have paid off. For those who prefer to play at being manager, however, the season doesn’t get started for a few months.

Football Manager 2011 was announced this week and will be released in the autumn. It’s the latest edition in a series of games that began almost 20 years ago under the name Championship Manager. Gamers take over every aspect of running a football club, from signing players to choosing tactics and dealing with the media. It’s detailed, frustrating and fiercely beloved by its many fans. It’s also addictive: the average Football Manager 2010 player has spent around 100 hours on the game since its release last October.

“Have you ever been in the pub after a game and bemoaned a substitution by the manager? Have you ever driven home and listened to the radio and shouted at one of your supporters who suggests that you should bring in a new keeper?” asks Miles Jacobson, studio director at Sports Interactive, which makes the game. “That’s why it does so well. We give people the chance to find out whether their rants are accurate or not.”

Season after season the game has steadily improved its intricately detailed simulation of modern football management. There have been hiccups along the way, of course. “Football Manager 2009 had too many bugs in it,” Jacobson says. “It wasn’t acceptable.” As a result, Sports Interactive had a “polish year” last year, limiting new features and focusing on bug fixes.

The knock-on effect of that is that Football Manager 2011 comes with 400 new features - the most in any new edition of the game. Changes include a new training module to make it easier to fine-tune your team, conversations with players so that you can try to keep your squad happy and new contract negotiations, a feature based on actual football contracts to which Sports Interactive was given rare access.

“There’s one new feature which has been added in specifically for the community and for people who play the game long-term, which is something called Dynamic League Reputation,” Jacobson says. “With our previous games, the reputations of the countries and the countries’ leagues would stay the same. That would mean that you could never take a team from Northern Ireland, say, to European glory and be able to sign similar players to Barcelona or Real Madrid and the other teams in Northern Ireland would be unable to attract better players.

“With Dynamic League Reputation, if you took a Northern Irish team to winning the Champions League - for a start, that’s a miracle and you're the greatest manager in the world and give us a call because we can definitely find something for you to do here - it would mean that the reputation of the league would start going up because people would want to be playing at that club.”

The game has become so well known - the likes of Arsenal striker Andrei Arshavin and pop star Paulo Nutini are fans - that Jacobson and his team are given plenty of access to football clubs. Ray Houghton, the former Liverpool and Republic of Ireland player, acts as a consultant ensuring that the game is as accurate as can be.

The exchange of information goes the other way too. There are 400,000 players and staff in the Football Manager database, each meticulously researched by experts all over the world. Jacobson says: “Everton have an official licence to use our database as part of their scouting network because we’ve got more scouts than anyone else in football. We have 1,500 scouts around the world going to watch, not just first team players but the reserve team and the youth team.”

That depth can be daunting for some so in recent years Sports Interactive has begun offering simpler versions of the game. “For some people, our games had become too complicated we know that,” says Jacobson. “So we’ve released games, whether it be Football Manager Live or Football Manager Handheld, there are games out there for those people to play.

“The PSP and the iPhone games are a pick-up-and-play, five minute experience - you play one match and you put it back down again. Or if you’re on the train, you play half a dozen matches and then put it down. It’s not meant to be the in-depth experience.”

The team experimented with taking the game to consoles too, with an Xbox 360 version, but Jacobson says they were not happy with the results and have no plans to try again. We couldn’t get the control system right. It’s very difficult trying to get this kind of game working on that kind of control method and it beat us,” he says.

The main focus of Football Manager remains the laptop and desktop computer, whether PC or Mac. That’s where the complete experience is to be found and Jacobson says that it works for all levels of players.

“We make features that appeal to different sets of users,” he says. “Dynamic League Reputation is for the hardcore and if you look on our forums there are people saying ‘I never thought it would happen’. When there was a leak about something a couple of weeks ago and I went in there and said some of it was true and some of it wasn’t, there were people saying ‘the only thing I care about this year is Dynamic League Reputation. If that’s in the game, then it’s all fine’.

“Whereas things like the new training set up are in there to help people who’ve asked how they can make their team blend. The player interaction is to deal with players who become unhappy. The real, in-depth people know the tricks to try to keep them happy but we’ve got to come up with ways to make it easier for people to nail that stuff and what’s easier than having a chat with someone?”

For many football fans, the optimism of the season’s opening day soon fades. For players of Football Manager, there’s always the option to improve on reality

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love strategy games since they are the ones that don't require super buff PC

And this game's multi-player mode is a big deal where I stay...

Love the game...
    Last edited by anon; 01.09.10 at 14:17. Reason: Please use the SPOILER tag for very long quotes
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Mihai (14.10.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss110
    nice, this and fifa manager seem to be the only good manger game.

totally agree with you about multi-player mode, this is the primary reason why i play soccermanager.com
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    I do download every year new version, but for some reason I always don't finish even one season. Don't know why! :o
    Thanks

this is by far the most addictive simulation game i have ever played . FM 2010 was fantastic and with new dynamic league reputation and real time negotiations with agents etc etc i am sure this is one the most eagerly awaited games of the year . i highly recommend to anyone to try this game out if your a football lover .
    Thanks

Hey Its great to know that there are fans here...

I spent countless hours reading pdfs and forums about the best tactics to use in that game...

Ofcourse as we all know that's the biggest thrill of that game...What works for me wont work for you and vice versa kind of thing...

I have saved a brutal tactic at my home...Will look to share if i get my hands on it...
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Whit what club are you playing?
    Thanks

yoco,

my tactic

The details obviously will take many more screenshots but i lost those....

This is sort of Barcelona tactic...isn't it???
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    I only play with Man United but like I said I get bored really fast :o
    Why don't you upload your tactic somewhere?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss110
    Arshavin in the 9th division, you must have his family for ransom.. hehe.

Nice tactics I employ something similar in soccer manager with my inter team.

Just completed a tough game for the Charity Shield against Real Madrid.
    Last edited by Empoleon; 03.09.10 at 02:02.
    Thanks

Hey empoleon you didn't see correctly...

I AM in the premier division but I'm ninth...As you can see the year is 2015,so arshavin is old as hell...

YOCO,

I deleted the game a few months back but kept this screenshot for future references...The tactics I made are sadly gone...

Would have loved to exchange notes with you and others...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss110
    Resurrection your right, I noticed your club name more than anything. Good work to promote your team from the depth of obscurity.
    Thanks

A whole lotta updates regarding one of my favorite games...

Starting with

1.OFFICIAL TRAILER

2.RELEASE DATE

The release date for Football Manager 2011 is November 5th 2010.

3.DEMO RELEASE DATE

Still no official news on the FM 2011 demo. Expect it to be out a couple of weeks before November 5th 2010.

4.PREVIEW (WITH LOADS OF NEW SCREENSHOTS)

FM-Base Football Manager 2011 Preview - FM-Base - Football Manager 2011 (FM11) Forum - Players, Tactics & Cheats

*Agents and contract negotiations and Player Interactions and many more changes....
    Last edited by Resurrection; 14.10.10 at 12:01.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

Mihai (14.10.10) , yoco (14.10.10)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Any info on system requirements?
    Thanks

Agreed brother..that's the thing I'm most interested in too...

No news as of 14.10.2010
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Well I'm sure it won't be some high end specs, I actually could play last's year!
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast