Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977

I'm Still Here

Release Date: September 10, 2010 (limited)
    Studio: Magnolia Pictures
    Director: Casey Affleck
    Screenwriter: Not Available
    Starring: Joaquin Phoenix
    Genre: Documentary
    The directorial debut of Oscar-nominated actor Casey Affleck, "I'm Still Here" is a striking portrayal of a tumultuous year in the life of internationally acclaimed actor Joaquin Phoenix. With remarkable access, "I'm Still Here" follows the Oscar-nominee as he announces his retirement from a successful film career in the fall of 2008 and sets off to reinvent himself as a hip hop musician. Sometimes funny, sometimes shocking, and always riveting, the film is a portrait of an artist at a crossroads. Defying expectations, it deftly explores notions of courage and creative reinvention, as well as the ramifications of a life spent in the public eye.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (20.08.10) , Vuze-Sbi (18.08.10) , slikrapid (18.08.10) , naughtydog (18.08.10)

P2P Client
    Bitcomet & Utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss246
    I LOL'd, this will be funny as hell.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    more pseudo-intellectual nonsense rolling our way?

in a documentary about a movie star with average acting talent/skill that realized his glory days are over, heading downhill similarly to a quite large number of other stars, partially due to lacking personal acting skills and partially because of the significant overall degradation of quality output from the movie industry - now trying to reinvent himself through other entertainment areas (rap music, to be exact and sarcastic), undoubtedly heavily sponsored in this (futile) attempt, likely (re)using the favorite entertainment industry's formula, the one on how to turn 'garbage' into 'profits'

so we get nonsense like water-drops on top of a mountain! sliding! down into the uninteresting! sea below or evaporating! into the heavens! and some double-talk about life/beginning/change, yet they can't fool us, phoenix is bound to gravity regardless of his artificial stardom, so yeah, it looks like:

[rap chorus:]
    falling down @1g
    into the sea
    of mediocrity

will be his path from now on, for ask yourself, what can he possibly add to the rap genre that would have any value?
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread