its the same as "category" in Vuze
    dont ban me just spank me
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss55
    Do I need to have the profile manager running in background while Serenity client is working?
    Can I change profile settings while Serenity client is working? (don't need to restart Serenity or just a Save is enough in profile manager to change the settings on the fly?)

P.S. I have a couple of more questions here here please ^^
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTT View Post
    Do I need to have the profile manager running in background while Serenity client is working?
    No. Why does everyone think that?

Can I change profile settings while Serenity client is working?
    I wouldn't advice that.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

wordreader (16.04.11) , DukeTT (13.09.10)

Guest Coder
    P2P Client
    uSerenity
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss478
    added explanation for fixing 0xc0150002
    信心正気宇裁
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

CosaNostra (28.09.10) , saebrtooth (18.09.10)

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12
    Thank you very much for this great tool!

I´ve got one question..where can I see (in the Client) what´s my Fake-Upload?

Thank you,
    Thanks

Guest Coder
    P2P Client
    uSerenity
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss478
    Quote Originally Posted by peparo View Post
    Thank you very much for this great tool!

Thank you,
    under uploaded column
    信心正気宇裁
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by peparo View Post
    But if that's answered right on the first post.
    -FakeUpload:

Every second after .torrent start random number in the range you choose is added to uploaded stat which will be sent to tracker depend less upload you or not, you can specify minimal amount of peers to be connected to in order to add fake upload
    If it's the fake upload speed you want to see in the client, that's not possible.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss47
    Average upload speed in General tab appears to be the average Fake Upload Speed. One in parenthesis. Can give you a general idea of fake speed.

heh. thanks for negative rep whoever gave that.
    Last edited by MosDef; 19.09.10 at 03:27. Reason: rep
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    Although I'm on SBI since 2 yars, I haven't used any cheating client until now -because I'm vip or at least with big ratio on the couple of trackers I currently use. But this pack looks like exciting.

Here are my needs:
    On the sole tracker on which I have a rather weak ratio (0.9), I would like to cheat a bit -a moderate cheat, as stealth as possible, in order to easier keep my ratio in acceptable range. First objective is security (not be flagged as a cheater), and second (only second) objective is to cheat a bit in a moderate way.

So, i created a profile named "MySoleTracker" with the following settings:
    Code:
    Be Seeder: unchecked
    Bee leecher: unchecked
    No report download: unchecked
    No report corrupt: unchecked
    Don't announce completed event: unchecked (*)
    Connect tracker just once: unchecked (*)

Fake upload checked
            Between 0 and 9 kB/s
                If there is at least 4 peers connected
            Multiply speed by number of peers connected: checked
                up to max: 3 peers
            Add my real upload  to fake uploaded: checked
    An I have some questions. Please don't flame me, I'm a poor n00b in cheating, but have already consciously read the posts & explanations on this threat to educate myself first, and I will do my best to not ask too silly questions.

0) What do you globally think of my settings ?

1) For my purpose, would checking "connect tracker just once to grab peers" (and then disappear from peerlist) bring me some advantage ? I think not, but I'm unsure because I don't exactly know what all the implications of disappearing from the torrent peer list are.

2) same question with "don't announce completed event". Would have I some advantage to check it?

3) I see a problem with my settings, in some way related to what "a connected peer" exactly is: Suppose I'm on a swarm with many seeders and only one leecher (me). With the above settings, every (fake) uopload speed will set a flashy red flag (at least I think so). Same problem when in such a swarm my download will be finished, and if no new leecher goes in it: Upload would be nonsense. What have I to do in such circumstances ?

Notice that the problem is related to what "a connected peer" is: If a connected peer is a client trying to download from me, then in the firts previous case, this number is 0, with the setting "Multiply faked speed by number of peers connected" there is no more any problem, because this nummber being 0, the multiplication gives 0, total upload speed is 0, and all looks like perfectly normal.

If a "connected peer" could be a peers uploading to me, there is maybe no problem is the second case (only seeders in the swarm, me among them), because I see no reason to be connected to one of them, as I need no more any byte, so that the multiplication gives 0 agian. But in the first case, the problem remains.

Perhaps using only "upload multiplier" would be the best to do?
    Last edited by Renk; 03.10.10 at 21:12.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    0. that's the slow and steady method, and it should work almost everywhere. Read this for more details:
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=15507

1. don't tick that at all, otherwise your client won't be able to report the fake upload.

2. I wouldn't recommend it for what you want to do.

3. don't cheat on torrents with zero leechers. Try to find a more active one. And the upload multiplier would be a good idea if your real upload speed is good enough and you get to move data up.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

Renk (03.10.10)

Guest Coder
    P2P Client
    uSerenity
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss478
    with the setting "Multiply faked speed by number of peers connected" there is no more any problem, because this nummber being 0, the multiplication gives 0
    nope, it just doesn't do any multiplies when 0, so it's 1x, if you want it to be 0 when 0 peers so check minumal number of connected peers to be greater than 0 (zero)

what "a connected peer" is
    it's a peer you'r currently uploading to (not sure about downloading from but also probably)

and yes you set it up to work only you'r doing big upload so it'd be easier to use upload multiplier and limit your speed so you'd know what max speed you'd get with multiplier
    信心正気宇裁
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

Renk (03.10.10)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    1. don't tick that at all, otherwise your client won't be able to report the fake upload.
    Yes, I though to something like that.

3. don't cheat on torrents with zero leechers. Try to find a more active one.
    I agree with this principle, but the number of leechers is a dynamic data. A torrent could have 50 leechers when I begin to cheat, but then after a while, e.g. when i'm sleeping (what I do sometime) this number might drop to zero.

And the upload multiplier would be a good idea if your real upload speed is good enough and you get to move data up.
    So I'm now convinced that a moderate multiplier is the best to do for my purpose. So, even if during my sleep the number of leechers drops to zero, there is no risk for me, because my real upload will drop to zerotoo, and so my faked multiplicated upload.

But I need some complementrary informations. As Owyn stated, checking this setting "multiplies your uploaded stats being sent to tracker by a random number in the range you choose".

Is this random number computed "once and for all", once per session, or many times during each session ??

@Owyn: Would it be appropriate, in a next version, to take in account only the number of connected leechers instead of total conneted peers in the FakeUpload subsettings (especially in the "multiply speed by the number of connected peers" one) ? So even if the number leechers drops to zero, my client no more will report any upload to the tracker ?
    Last edited by Renk; 03.10.10 at 22:42.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Renk View Post
    I agree with this principle, but the number of leechers is a dynamic data. A torrent could have 50 leechers when I begin to cheat, but then after a while, e.g. when i'm sleeping (what I do sometime) this number might drop to zero.
    It's still better than a torrent which had 0 leechers to begin with.

I wouldn't advice sleeping when using cheating mods, also.

So I'm now convinced that a moderate multiplier is the best to do for my purpose. So, even if during my sleep the number of leechers drops to zero, there is no risk for me, because my real upload will drop to zerotoo, and so my faked multiplicated upload.
    True.
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

Renk (03.10.10)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    @ Owyn: I was editing my #57 post while anon answered to the first version of this #57, and while you was answering to my post #54...

I apologize for the somewhat chaotic order of the questions which it has led.

Quote Originally Posted by Owyn View Post
    nope, it just doesn't do any multiplies when 0, so it's 1x
    Interesting precision. I understand better now.

if you want it to be 0 when 0 peers so check minumal number of connected peers to be greater than 0 (zero)
    Yes, but as you stated below concerning what exactly a "connected peer" is for µSerenity:
    it's a peer you'r currently uploading to (not sure about downloading from but also probably)
    I think it is the major point concerning what I asked. If a connected peer is only a peer I'm uploading to, there is no more problem: It indeed suffices to choose un number X greater than 0 and to set :
    Code:
    Fakeupload: checked
         between <some range>
             If there are at least X peers connected
    In the case where there were no more leecher, there would be no more FakeUpload either.

But the problem still remains if a "connected peer" can be a peer I'm downloading from. Because each of the X connected peers in the FakeUpload condition could then be a seeder, and the FakeUpload then would set a red flag.

I think it would be more logical (at least at first sight) to allow the FakeUpload only conditionally to the number of peers I'm uploading to. I don't understand why the number of seeders would be taken into account.

and yes you set it up to work only you'r doing big upload so it'd be easier to use upload multiplier and limit your speed so you'd know what max speed you'd get with multiplier
    I will use the multiplier. But at first sight I found the FakeUpload more sexy and more difficult to detect. It would be perfect if there weren't the previous risk to send a fake upload to the tracker's stat while no upload is possible.

Ps: A question concerning the multiplier I asked previously to anon, and to which he has not answered because I wrote it while he was answering to the first version of my #57 post:

As you stated, checking the multiplier setting "multiplies your uploaded stats being sent to tracker by a random number in the range you choose".

I would like to know whether this random number is computed "once and for all", once per session, or many times during each session ??

Edit: I have had an other idea: Your uSerenity setting manager offers 2 different methods in order to send fakeupload amoiut to the tracker's stats: A multiplicative one , and an "additive" (in some sense) one. Why not to combine each with other ?

I give an example: Suppose I first check random upload multiplier between, say, 2 and 10. When applied, this multiplicative rule produces a number I will name MultFakeUpload which is:
    Code:
    MultFakeUpload = true upload * some random number between 2 and 10
    In the same time, suppose I check FakeUpload with range, say, [9, 100] (with your version, one can oubviously not check the 2 methods at the same time because this has no sense, but I'm presenting a way to give some sense to that). So suppose the two methods could be checked at the same time, and suppose that I check "add your real upload to FakeUpload" too. This additive rule produces a number I will name AddFakeUpload which is
    Code:
    AddFakeUpload = true upload + random number between 9 and 100
    My idea is then to mix in some way the two previous faked numbers, and to send to the tracker's stats one of the following "mixed fake number":

First way:
    Code:
    MixedFakeUpload = Min(MultFakeUpload,  AddFakeUpload)
    Second way:
    Code:
    MixedFakeUpload = SQRT(MultFakeUpload * AddFakeUpload)

I think it would be very difficult to detect that the number sent is fake (except if really unreasonable ranges are chosen), at least (and probably more) difficult anyway than each 2 previous methods, and moreover, in each case where an upload is not possible, the MixedFakeUpload sent to the tracker would be 0, which is satisfying.
    Last edited by Renk; 04.10.10 at 04:04.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Serenity / mR
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss469
    I do have a couple of questions. I kind of a virgin with this cool mod.

1. Do I need to launch uSerenity.exe or uTorrent.exe?
    2. Can I still use RM with memory reader?
    3. I'm confused about this one, when do I know if a torrent is using the "default" or "normal" settings?
    4. If I create a new label in uSerenity Profiles say "TL", would all torrents having "TL" in their label would use the profile I just made (Example: "TL", "MyTL", "TLMine")?
    5. And lastly, is this really an undetectable mod? If I don't want to cheat on SCC and made an "SCC" label with all settings unchecked, will uSerenity be detected?

Sorry, but I'm just excited to try out this mod. Thank you!
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast